News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:29:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ELECTRIX Heritage  (Read 1145 times)

Offline pat king

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
ELECTRIX Heritage
« on: December 24, 2017, 09:51:30 PM »
The ELECTRIX is an evolution of the Valkyrie X.  The Valkyrie X was inspired by the Star Wars X-Wing Fighter. It is not a copy of the X-Wing Fighter, nor is it intended to be. The Valkyrie X is a 48 13/16” wingspan, 970 square inch electric powered canard pusher bi-plane. The Valkyrie X will require a prototype to answer some questions about the design. The first question is the location of the center of gravity. The prototype will have a weight box in the nose to ensure that the CG is not too far aft for the first flights. I intend for the first few attempts to be so nose heavy that the elevators will not be able to cause the airplane to rotate. The nose weight will be reduced until the airplane can get airborne. The location of the CG will dictate where the adjustable leadout guide ends up. The other big question is whether the elevators will have enough authority to control the airplane properly. They may need to be larger or smaller. Once the airplane has completed flight testing and the design is finalized the kits will be available.
The ELECTRIX is not at all a radical design. It shares the basic wing design and wing attachment with the Valkyrie X. The dihedral/ anhedral wing configuration should fly as if both wings were straight. 
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
Re: ELECTRIX Heritage
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 06:28:29 AM »
 ;D  Merry Christmas Pat!!  I like your design!  Just curious .... do you have someone or would you want a volunteer to build one and post a build/flight log?  If not, I'd like to volunteer.    :) :)

Jim Carter

Offline pat king

• Admiral
    • PDK LLC
Re: ELECTRIX Heritage
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 07:41:38 AM »
Merry Christmas Jim,
I think I will have to do this one, but I will keep you in mind. Thanks for the offer.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here