News:

• April 19, 2024, 07:51:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ELECTRIX electric bi-plane  (Read 1402 times)

Offline pat king

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
ELECTRIX electric bi-plane
« on: December 22, 2017, 09:46:14 AM »
The ELECTRIX is a 48 13/16” wingspan, 970 square inch electric powered bi-plane. The ELECTRIX is not a classic bi-plane. The top wing has 10 degrees on a side dihedral. The bottom wing has 10 degrees on a side anhedral. This gives the wings an “X” configuration.  The fuselage mounted wings do not employ any interplane struts. The wings are removable from the airplane. The wings and attached portions of the top and bottom of the fuselage are fixed to the fuselage with ¼-20 Nylon screws. The airplane will accommodate an outrunner up to 50 mm in diameter. It is designed for the RSM 4250 motor and set-up. The airplane will handle a 5S battery pack.  The power system is available from RSM distribution as a pre-tested, ready to fly system part number: RSM6174SYSC Competition system.
The CAD plans show all parts full size. The airplane has an adjustable leadout guide and a tip weight box. The kit does not include any control system hardware. The nose gear has the shock loop pre-formed. If you want a large non-typical bi-plane that doesn't require a truck to transport  then you will like the ELECTRIX. The introductory price for the laser cut kits is $214.00 plus 5 pounds shipping from Zip Code 60449. The introductory price will be good through January 2018. I sell full size .pdf files of the plans for $5.00 a set. You can pay using PayPal to: patdk@aol.com or send a check to:
Pat King
5133 W Jason Dr.
Monee, IL 60449
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Online badbill

• Commander
Re: ELECTRIX electric bi-plane
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 10:20:52 AM »
That is very cool! Have you got any pics of the prototype ? Does it retain normal flying characteristics?
Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is just right!

Offline pat king

• Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 06:12:04 PM »
Bill,
No prototype. I am a designer, I don't do a lot of building and almost no flying any more. Several of my medications say"may cause dizziness". I also have trouble getting pictures back of many of my airplanes.
With the dihedral and equal anhedral on the wings she should not have any "dihedral effect. She should fly the same as if she had straight wings. The dihedral-anhedral wings just make it look a lot sexier and do not need any struts to attach them to the fuselage. Structurelly they offer some advantages to conventional bi-plane wings. The Aero engineers in the group can explain it. As a dumb Mech E I can design machines that work, but can not always explain why they work. I have one one patent that all the PhD types in the company said would'nt work. After they spent a bunch of time and money for a study at the University of Illinois, the University told them that it definitely would work.
People who have built my airplanes like the way they fly, so I must be doing something right.

Thanks,  Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline Jim Mynes

• Commander
  • Chelsea, ME
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 05:44:19 AM »
What, no flaps???  %^@
I have seen the light, and it’s powered by a lipo.

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 06:04:32 AM »
Interesting design :)
I worry that the leadout guide is too far inboard, so there won't be good attitude control (in both yaw and roll)  from the line tension.
MAAC 8177

Offline pat king

• Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 08:08:08 AM »
Flaps, We don't need no stinking flaps!! LL~ LL~ LL~
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline pat king

• Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 08:12:26 AM »
The leadout guide position is a compromise between distance from the centerline and length of the guide mounting member. It may want to move out.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline pat king

• Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 08:49:59 AM »
After considering Pat Mackenzie's comment I have moved the leadout guide further from the centerline. Thanks for the input Pat!

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here