News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:00:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DELTA LTS  (Read 3993 times)

Offline pat king

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
DELTA LTS
« on: August 24, 2016, 09:17:33 PM »
The aim of the DELTA LTS is to help a pilot Learn to Stunt. The airplane can fly slowly on long lines and stay at the end of the lines. Slow laps on long lines give the pilot more time to react to what the airplane is doing. This is NOT for learning precision aerobatics; this airplane is for learning to fly inside loops, outside loops, inverted, wingovers, and figure eights. Once the pilot is comfortable with those maneuvers they can transition to a precision aerobatic capable airplane if they desire to continue their development as a stunt pilot. Don’t try to fly this one with an old tired engine that can’t pull a fat girl off a toilet! The DELTA LTS has a 44.32” wingspan and 578 square inches of wing area. The airplane is for .29 to .40 engines. A 3 oz. tank will fit behind the engine. Fly her in a slightly wet 2 cycle using a low pitch prop. If the airspeed is still too high try turning the prop around backwards to kill the efficiency. The laser cut kit has CAD plans that show all parts full size. The kit comes with bellcrank, control horn, pushrod wire, and the pivot pin for the suspended bellcrank. The kits will sell for $85.00 plus shipping. Full size .pdf files of the plans are available for $5.00 per set.
Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
Re: DELTA LTS
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 11:19:31 AM »
Looks like a fun plane.  Is there a vertical fin on this plane?  Any other views?

I would be very tempted to cut this one out of foam for a true low emotional value stunt trainer.  Gets the gears turning.  And, since I just got a Tekoa.....ah, the smell of melted polystyrene in the morning.  Maybe next year.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:18:33 PM by Brent Williams »
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline pat king

• Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 01:11:23 PM »
There is no vertical fin. What with this being a C/L airplane with the engine out at 15 degrees a vertical tail would only be decorative. There are no other views drawn, what view are you looking for?

Thanks,  Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 02:09:12 PM »
I was just curious if there was a vertical fin in sideways view.  One less thing to break in a tumble.

Makes me interested in building up something like this, as there are several young pilots around here that could benefit from another large, durable, basic stunt capable plane. 
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline pat king

• Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 03:11:12 PM »
Brent,
If You want to scratch build I'll sell you a set of full size .pdf plans with all parts full size for $5.00 . The airplane is not flimsey, the ribs and spar are 1/8 balsa. The spar caps are 3/16 x 1/4. There is 1/16 balsa planking in the center. There is an 1/8 ply leading edge gusset and an 1/8 ply spar brace/upper bellcrank mount.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 04:06:20 PM »
Pat, that sounds like a good deal for the plans. 
Let me know how to pay.

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 06:17:21 PM »
Pat,

Deleted,  I should have red the next thread.

Offline pat king

• Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 08:33:13 PM »
Brent,
Use PayPal to patdk@aol.com or
send a check to:
Pat King
5133 W. Jason Dr.
Monee, IL
either way make sure I get your email address so I know where to send the files.

Thanks,  Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline pat king

• Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 10:11:23 PM »
Bump to the top.
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 10:12:39 AM »

I would be very tempted to cut this one out of foam for a true low emotional value stunt trainer.    And, since I just got a Tekoa.....ah, the smell of melted polystyrene in the morning.  Maybe next year.

Hi, Brent-

I would recommend first foam cutting adventures to be of a less tapered wing design.
Hi taper results in high speed at the root and low speed at the tip, and that results in a much wider kerf at the tip, often distorting the wing profile (airfoil).
You COULD cut each panel half in two pieces span-wise, and that will help with the percentages (and accuracy then), but then you have to make a third template, and I told you how much I LOVE(NOT!) making templates, right?!
For your starting foam wings, stick to @ 75% chords at the tip, and remember that the percentage on the Tekoa drop bar will be LESS than that, which means the speed differential will be also.
Good luck and call me if you have questions.

R,
Target
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 12:16:51 PM »
Has this design been proven relative to intended mission ?
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline pat king

• Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 05:19:32 PM »
There is no data available as to flight performance. The airplane was developed from the little Red Wing. The Red Wing has been flown on 100 foot lines with am .049 engine.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline pat king

• Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 09:25:22 AM »
Some pictures of two airplanes. The early flights indicate that the engine weight outboard needs to be offset by weight on the inboard side. The plans have been revised to show a weight box in the inboard wing.
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here