News:

• April 19, 2024, 07:57:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WHY????  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
WHY????
« on: August 30, 2020, 01:59:48 PM »
Just got finished painting the  entire top of my new plane, solid white so far.  Then I look at my handy work and what do I see in the middle of the out board wing, a tiny, bitty friggin gnat, dead and sunk into the paint.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:28:21 PM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: WHY????
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 06:11:40 PM »
There is a truck, if the paint is still wet, which will help in remove unwanted visitors.

You can take a short piece of tape and fold it into a loop then apply the tape to the unwanted, what ever it is.

Yes, you must immediately hit that area with a bit more paint, a tad.

In most cases you'll be sanding to flatten or to give bite to the next color anyway.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • I'm here purely for the fun of it.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 07:25:37 PM »
Wipe it off after the paint dries. Move on. It's just an airplane.
Life is good AMA 1488
Why do we fly? We are practicing, you might say, what it means to be alive...  -Richard Bach
“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 10:46:21 PM »
Dem critters favorite colors are white and yellow
       Doug

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • I'm here purely for the fun of it.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 11:18:21 AM »
Went out at noon, sprayed the bottom of the model. The itsy, bitsy bug just wiped right off. No touch up req'd. The thinner dried it out. LL~ LL~ LL~

Yeah, see.... Glad it's good.
Life is good AMA 1488
Why do we fly? We are practicing, you might say, what it means to be alive...  -Richard Bach
“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here