News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:11:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ultra sonic cleaner for ink pens  (Read 648 times)

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
ultra sonic cleaner for ink pens
« on: September 30, 2022, 10:33:01 PM »
Took my ink pens out the other day and every one of them was clogged up.
I notice the price of ultra sonic cleaners ran from 20 to 400 bucks. One of the reviews on a 20 dollar cleaner, the guy opened it up and there was a small motor taped inside of it. So put my pens in a jar of windex, capped it and then taped the jar to the top of my dehumidifier. That thing vibrates like crazy. To my surprise 6 of the 8 pens now worked, and the other 2 i replaced the windex and put them back in the jar for more cleaning.

Offline katana

• Commander
Re: ultra sonic cleaner for ink pens
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 05:32:40 AM »
Novel solution! Back in the day when using Rotring pens for architectural drafting, a visit to the Ultrasonic could be a weekly / daily ritual - those 0.1 and 0.15mm nibs were a curse and a delight in equal measure  ;D

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 07:24:09 AM »
I always dread cleaning them in the kitchen sink, then using compressed air to blow them out. And if you ever took that weight with the little wire out you could never get it back in, it would break off after a few attempts. Expensive lesson learned. Its not easy being me. 😂

Online Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 11:16:34 AM »
I always dread cleaning them in the kitchen sink, then using compressed air to blow them out. And if you ever took that weight with the little wire out you could never get it back in, it would break off after a few attempts. Expensive lesson learned. Its not easy being me. 😂

I did a lot of drafting on my survey maps and I always took them apart to clean them. The trick to putting them back together is to NOT force them.

Good luck, Jerry

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here