Building Tips and technical articles. > Paint and finishing

sub strat

(1/1)

Ty Marcucci:
x

Randy Powell:
Ty,

My building and finishing sessions tend to be as long as I feel like working on the thing. I do get the, "I'll just do one more thing before I knock off" syndrome occasionally, but usually I just work on it as long as I feel like it. Sometimes, that's quite long. Other times, it's just a half hour or so. Building or finishing. I put in about an hour and a half tonight shooting on the next trim color. Pull tape tomorrow and assess.

Mark Scarborough:
Im with Randy, I tend to work as long as the brain focus' is active. There are some days I will work and disover its way past time to find a pillow. Other days, I will stand at the bench and just fondle parts, thinking for an hour, then decide I just dont feel the love so will go do something else. Definetly a lesson learned from restoration work, if your not feeling it, you are better off just to go play cards or something, the time it takes to finesse what you goofed up isnt worth it.

Randy Powell:
>>But I do tend to keep starting new projects<<

Well, I can't help it if you have difficulty saying with something.   LL~

I tend to start a project and go until the end before starting something new, but that's just me. It's probably related to the lack of enough horizontal space in my shop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version