News:

• April 19, 2024, 04:58:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SprayMax 2K Urethane ("Death Paint")  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
SprayMax 2K Urethane ("Death Paint")
« on: February 25, 2013, 04:31:37 PM »
Guys,
Just some updated information on the SprayMax 2K Urethane (2 part) in the rattle can. I used it on my El Diablo about 10 day ago worked great, no runs, no problems going over the Sig dope, very shinny, very fuel proof. Well I needed to do some touch up around the needle valve penetration after repositioning the location. I complete the new hole and filled the around the open area then refinished with primer and dope to blend in. I was thinking I was going to need to use some LusterKote to clear over the dope but found that the 2K was still very sprayable even though it was activated 10 days ago. Seems as long as its in the rattle can and not to hot (we had a cool week in the 40's and I left the can outside) it doesn't kickoff. Once on the plane it seems to kickoff in about 15 minutes and is completely cured in 12 hrs. It seems to have enough for two ships so next time I will have a second one ready for clear.

I also did a test on MonoKote. I simple scuffed the surface with a Scotch green pad, wiped it down with degreaser and a tack rag and sprayed with 2K. Stuck great with very smooth edges were trim was. Seems like a good way to keep film from getting that lose edge and dirty.

Best,           DennisT

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Re: SprayMax 2K Urethane ("Death Paint")
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:39:43 AM »
Hi Dennis,
      I use that a lot and I just put the can in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer.That really slows the cure time down and I have had them last for a couple weeks after the initial mix.I usually have too much to spray at once so I like to use it up in the recommended timeframe but it will keep for a little while.Trax
If you wanna sing the blues(Fly Stunt) you gotta pay your dues and "I know it don't come easy"

Advertise Here

Advertise Here