Building Tips and technical articles. > Paint and finishing

L

<< < (2/4) > >>

Brent Williams:
SLC is/was biaxially oriented polyester film with a low temp adhesive.  The origins of it are from the lidding industry for food, I believe.  Unless you own a yogurt or margarine or frozen food packaging factory, small quantities really aren't readily available other than from Phil. 

kevin king:

kevin king:

kevin king:

--- Quote from: Ken Culbertson on April 01, 2024, 05:12:45 PM ---Got this on EBay.   Found it recommended on of the RC sites.  I have tried it over polyspan applied with Mod Podge and it covers really nicely.  Test painted a canard with Rustoleum and it did great.  Very easy to mold and very light.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362350663234

Ken

--- End quote ---

99 cents a foot? Shame on him. Buy it on Amazon for 8.9 cents a foot in the link above Ken.

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: kevin king on April 02, 2024, 08:43:37 AM ---99 cents a foot? Shame on him. Buy it on Amazon for 8.9 cents a foot in the link above Ken.

--- End quote ---
I saw those.  That was the only one I could find that sold it in the length I needed.  I have yet to thoroughly test it so why invest in 200' when 190' of that will sit on a shelf if I decide the experiment was a flop?

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version