Building Tips and technical articles. > Paint and finishing

Removal of Tiny Imperfections

(1/1)

Howard Rush:
I was shopping for sanding disks on Amazon. Check out Powertec 9" disks: "80 grit - for removing tiny imperfections".  If tiny imperfections are keeping you off the front row, these disks could be just the ticket.

bill bischoff:
if you stick them to your handle, will they remove the tiny imperfections in your flying?

Howard Rush:
Golly, Bill. You’re right.  I was missing the big picture.  Imperfection is universal.  To extrapolate, maybe 60-grit could take care of Putin or Hamas.  Maybe that’s why my wife is walking toward me with 40-grit stuck to her hands.

bill bischoff:
Something doesn't add up. You're suggesting that Putin could be "rubbed out" with 60 grit, but you certainly can't rub out your new stunter with 60 grit!

Dan McEntee:
  You know, it all depends on what you are working on. I have done some stuff where a 60 grit disc would be used last to remove tiny imperfections back in my day as a the lead welder in a local machine shop. 100 to 120 grit for really polishing things! Stuff that was several inches thick and needed a 20 ton crane to lift and move !!It was fun when I was young, just what I wanted to be doing!!  I think some of it would kill me now!! But I would do it all again if given the chance.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version