News:

• March 29, 2024, 12:07:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rattle can auto lacquer over minwax water based polycrylic  (Read 4952 times)

Dwayne

• Trade Count: (0)
Rattle can auto lacquer over minwax water based polycrylic
« on: February 03, 2019, 07:57:01 AM »
Hi guys title says it all, can I spray auto lacquer rattle can over minwax water based clear polycrylic?
Thnaks.  ;D

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 12:04:37 PM by Dwayne Donnelly »

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Rattle can auto lacquer over polycrylic
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 10:10:22 AM »
Hi guys title says it all, can I spray auto lacquer rattle can over polycrylic?
Thnaks.  ;D

Water base or lacquer base Polycrylic? What brand lacquer, there's many? Primer or color?

I did "Off Broadway" in two Builds or more talking about my experience using water base Minwax over clear dope and Deft Clear Lacquer wood sealer over dope and bare balsa also followed by aerosol can lacquer primer over that. The lacquer I use works.

"Off Broadway" because it goes unnoticed. LL~

Visit the GBR-3 or, I believe, the ARGO 2 build where this information is.

BTW and FYI, I use silk before any of this AND have applied it with, dope, Minwax, and Deft clear wood sealer. Great results.

I've posted photos of my models finished this way many times.

"Too many."

A line from the movie State of Play.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 12:41:06 PM »
Water base or lacquer base Polycrylic? What brand lacquer, there's many? Primer or color?

I did "Off Broadway" in two Builds or more talking about my experience using water base Minwax over clear dope and Deft Clear Lacquer wood sealer over dope and bare balsa also followed by aerosol can lacquer primer over that. The lacquer I use works.

"Off Broadway" because it goes unnoticed. LL~

Visit the GBR-3 or, I believe, the ARGO 2 build where this information is.

BTW and FYI, I use silk before any of this AND have applied it with, dope, Minwax, and Deft clear wood sealer. Great results.

I've posted photos of my models finished this way many times.

"Too many."

A line from the movie State of Play.

And after all of that you didn't answer the question!!! You just ask more questions and what you want to know is in his post if you would just read it and comprehend it!!! Quit trying to be funny and cute and just give him a straight answer. None of what you posted makes any difference either if you have never fueled and flown the model. I don't care what you or any one else says about it. You are going to call me a troll and all of that crap again but damn it, it does make a difference if you don't fly the model to really test the finish!!!!   It's a known fact that has been posted by National Champion and front row finish award winning modelers that mixing materials can be hazardous and a big waste of time. Some mixing is possible but it helps to have some provenance to go with the claim. Posting pictures of hanger queens doesn't prove a thing. Posting a photo of a model that has 150 flights on it with 10% nitro and that has been witnessed by reputable people means a hell of a lot. You don't have ANY reputation that can be proven other than what you post and claim yourself.  I'm pretty sure from reading the forums that Dwayne flies his airplanes, so durability will mean something  to him, I think. I have never used any of the polycrylic products so I won't answer other that to suggest making up a test section. Both products will dry fairly quickly and results would be evident with out much delay.
    DAMN!
    Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Rattle can auto lacquer over minwax water based polycrylic
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 12:52:40 PM »
I suspect not.  Minwax Polycrylic works underneath Rustoleum enamel, but it turns to goo if you hit it with any sort of alcohol.

It won't take too long to give it a try!  Put some silkspan onto a hunk of scrap balsa with Polycrylic, give it a few coats, and then hit it with the laquer.  Then report back.  I don't even know enough to suspect this, but I could certainly see the compatibility varying from brand to brand of lacquer.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 01:58:58 PM »
    And after all of that you didn't answer the question!!! You just ask more questions and what you want to know is in his post if you would just read it and comprehend it!!! Quit trying to be funny and cute and just give him a straight answer. None of what you posted makes any difference either if you have never fueled and flown the model. I don't care what you or any one else says about it. You are going to call me a troll and all of that crap again but damn it, it does make a difference if you don't fly the model to really test the finish!!!!   It's a known fact that has been posted by National Champion and front row finish award winning modelers that mixing materials can be hazardous and a big waste of time. Some mixing is possible but it helps to have some provenance to go with the claim. Posting pictures of hanger queens doesn't prove a thing. Posting a photo of a model that has 150 flights on it with 10% nitro and that has been witnessed by reputable people means a hell of a lot. You don't have ANY reputation that can be proven other than what you post and claim yourself.  I'm pretty sure from reading the forums that Dwayne flies his airplanes, so durability will mean something  to him, I think. I have never used any of the polycrylic products so I won't answer other that to suggest making up a test section. Both products will dry fairly quickly and results would be evident with out much delay.
    DAMN!
    Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

You would read it that way because of your inexperience in using paint products.

You should get a trophy for being the longest troll of mine in the Forum.

You have been at it a good number of years.

And BTW. I'm the guy who came into the Forum using auto paint systems including 2 part clears on ALL my R/C pattern ships and I flew them quite a bit.

Hey! Remember the "Experts" trolling, maligning and marginalizing my use of these products.

Same way you still do it after all these years.

Unfortunately there's no cure for jealously.

You need blessings.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 02:09:22 PM »
Hi guys title says it all, can I spray auto lacquer rattle can over minwax water based clear polycrylic?
Thnaks.  ;D

Thanks for adding that photo and adding "water base." My response would have been a tad different if you Posted this in the beginning.

If you want information on these products just send me an email.

It won't be, "I think" or "I guess," it will be "I know."

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 03:10:05 PM »
Thanks for adding that photo and adding "water base." My response would have been a tad different if you Posted this in the beginning.

If you want information on these products just send me an email.

It won't be, "I think" or "I guess," it will be "I know."

He said in his original post, "minwax water based clear polycrylic" because I read it and you didn't. He added the photo of the can later, but the text was correct. Your original answer still doesn't make sense. And you are just guessing, as your results have never been tested in use.

And I ain't jealous of jack squat.  You can say anything you want, but you can't prove a thing about your supposed back ground and I doubt the existence of it. I'm from Missouri, you have to show me. I have one of the largest, most complete model magazines in the country. If you were so successful at R/C pattern then you and your airplane should be mentioned in a magazine some where. Tell me what issue or what name and model to look for, along with a time frame, and I'll look for it.  Better yet, take one of those hanger queens and put it down at the appearance point judging at Muncie this summer and see what the results are. But to do that, the model will have to have been test flown, according  to AMA rules, so I don't think that will ever happen.
   Your Friend in STUNT FLYING,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 04:12:41 PM »
Missouri!

That explains a great deal.

And no, the photo and text was changed. Nice try. You're talking from hate and jealously instead of experience and common since.

Read the "Original" quote in my first reply. There's no mention of water base anything or Brand for that matter, soooooooo, my reply was on the money.

To bad I'm "blacklisted" or maybe I would received a thank you and reply?

You muddied this Thread up. Congratulations again.

For the OP's information, I offer "solid" advice based on experience. It's in my Build Threads and my models are finished with these products.

And yes, I did tests before using this stuff on a model. I don't make stuff up or shoot from the hip.

And I guess all those guys that now admit they use the 2 part auto clear have flight proven results but a model that doesn't fly, even with the same product clear coat, won't hold up. Smart conclusion.

Blessings won't help you.

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 07:31:40 PM »
Missouri!

That explains a great deal.

And no, the photo and text was changed. Nice try. You're talking from hate and jealously instead of experience and common since.

Read the "Original" quote in my first reply. There's no mention of water base anything or Brand for that matter, soooooooo, my reply was on the money.

For the OP's information, I offer "solid" advice based on experience. It's in my Build Threads and my models are finished with these products.

And yes, I did tests before using this stuff on a model. I don't make stuff up or shoot from the hip. And I never fly my models!!!!

You just edited the quote, like I just did!
    Over and out;
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 07:44:07 PM »

You just edited the quote, like I just did!
    Over and out;
   Dan McEntee

What the hell is in your mind?  LL~

I didn't "EDIT."

I Posted then added stuff. No changes unlike the OP or you. I haven't looked to see what you changed.

Why don't you give the Forum members a brake and stop behaving like a spoiled school yard bully.

You can easily stop trolling and mudding up every Thread I reply to?

Here, not "EDITED" I just added this photo for honesty.

This photo explains it all.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 10:24:04 PM »
Thnaks.  ;D

Dwayne,

No, you don't want to put lacquer over the water based poly, you'll likely have one hell of a mess if you do. For that matter, I don't think you'd get away with putting any type of paint that has thinner in it over the poly. Years ago I used Minwax poly clear as a final top coat on a few models, their premium stuff in a rattle can. Once fully cured it all seemed ok and the fuel resistance was fine but within 4-6 months the finish was completely full of spiderweb cracks over all the open bay areas. The cracking was only in the finish, it didn't affect or crack the actual covering material, but in my case it relegated a few otherwise nice models to "beaters". Also, if you finish a model with poly you'll have a real tough time with any potential repairs because nothing will want to stick to it, pretty much limiting yourself to a Monokote or tape patch. Been there done that, don't do it.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 10:39:28 PM »
Good info here on using laquer based primer over Minwax:
http://www.flystunt.com/2014/01/28/a-modern-model-finish/

I did it and had no problems.

Pat MacKenzie
MAAC 8177

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2019, 06:08:33 AM »
Good info here on using laquer based primer over Minwax:
http://www.flystunt.com/2014/01/28/a-modern-model-finish/

I did it and had no problems.

Pat MacKenzie

I have used lacquer primer over water base Minwax , I said this, and I have absolutely no issues. But, as I also said, I haven't tried all Brands of lacquer primers.

I also have lacquer primer over Deft Clear Wood Sealer with no issues. The Deft works as well as dope over sheeted areas.

On my GBR-3, I used clear dope to fill the open bays and Deft on all sheeted areas. Then lacquer primer. NO ISSUES!

All this information and photos are in the GBR-3 Build at CFC Graphics vendor's corner.

Dwayne

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 06:15:18 AM »
Thanks for all the replies guys much to think about.
Pat: Thanks but I don't own spray equipment.
Dan: Sorry I did edit my post after Avaio's first post

I think I'll take a chance and do some testing if it doesn't work I'll let y'all know
Thanks  y1

Offline billbyles

• AMA Member
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 04:04:06 PM »

<snip> And BTW. I'm the guy who came into the Forum using auto paint systems including 2 part clears on ALL my R/C pattern ships and I flew them quite a bit.

You were far from being the first guy on this forum to use automotive paint systems on c/l stunters OR r/c airplanes.  The guys on here had been using automotive paints long before you showed up here.  You just can't seem to understand that you have not pioneered anything in the way of processes here; and while your graphics are reputed to be good we were using vinyl graphics long before anyone here even heard of you.
Bill Byles
AMA 20913
So. Cal.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 06:29:15 PM »
You were far from being the first guy on this forum to use automotive paint systems on c/l stunters OR r/c airplanes.  The guys on here had been using automotive paints long before you showed up here.  You just can't seem to understand that you have not pioneered anything in the way of processes here; and while your graphics are reputed to be good we were using vinyl graphics long before anyone here even heard of you.

Billy, something bothering you?

That "snip?" it's a true statement. Read it a few times.

I did say that, and I always will, that I came into the Forum using auto paint products on my pattern ships as far back as the early 80's.

To clear things up, sure, I always say "I used auto paint products as far back as the early 80's."

I can say this without lying.  LL~

FYI. I have read CL "finishing" articles here and there, but nothing that far back obviously, I wasn't in CL.

I do believe I have a "Stunt News" mid 2000's or so, with a design/finishing article in it. If my memory is correct, and it's not that good any more, the article made no mention to auto paint or auto clear coat products. I'd have to dig the thing up and check.

There's always lots of 'how to' stuff on finishing with dope to read. Silver base coat etc.

Not much on auto paint finishing? In fact, I remember receiving a good deal of negative commentary on this model, still do, which was the example I used when I described the finishing products.

Many said resin, glass cloth and auto paint products were heavy, especially the two part clear. I'll never forget the trolling I received posting the photo and offering information on the finishing system I used.

If "everyone" was using this system, why did my model get trolled and bullied?

Billy, I will never get and I don't expect to get kudos from many in the Forum.

Lots of trashed, bullied and trolled, but few kudos.  LL~

Hey, you own an aircraft restoration business. Got a website?

Offline Mike Haverly

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 09:23:33 PM »

True enough. 
Mike

Offline Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 12:25:19 AM »
Hi Charles,

Please take this as constructive criticism, not as mobbing or whateverer trolling you seem to think all negative comments are.
The truth is that one grainy picture you’ve showed about a million times does not prove anything. What I have seen from the pictures of your later production, the quality of your finishing is not what people here are looking for.
You clearly have eye for graphics design, but no experince or understanding about the level of perfection many of us are interested in. And naturally, you must fly a lot in all kinds of conditions to really know about long-term durability of differend finishing methods.
I kind of agree with you that 2-pack products are the best way to go for serious use, actually I more than agree because I use 2 component products for every stage, from A to Z (or actually, from A to Ö which is a few letters more :))
L

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 11:38:45 AM »
You would read it that way because of your inexperience in using paint products.

You should get a trophy for being the longest troll of mine in the Forum.

You have been at it a good number of years.

Hey, wait a minute, I thought I was your #1 "troll" (you can't even use that word correctly, but ....) from my SSW post on wheel locations. You said you started a list at that point, like any psychotic moron would naturally do.

And BTW. I'm the guy who came into the Forum using auto paint systems including 2 part clears on ALL my R/C pattern ships and I flew them quite a bit.

Hey! Remember the "Experts" trolling, maligning and marginalizing my use of these products.

People were using automotive (and marine) paint systems 30-40 years before any of us heard of you. Multiple National championships and Concours de'Elegance were won with airplanes painted with automotive products long before we had ever heard of you.  You know *nothing* about this topic compared to people like Bill Byles. 

Posting the same picture of an RC pattern plane from 30 years ago counts for exactly diddly-sh*t with anyone here. We were "maligning" you (actually pointing out the gaping holes in your knowledge and experience) for claiming knowledge you do not have.

Unfortunately there's no cure for jealously.

Jealous? You are a complete nobody who as accomplished exactly nothing in this event, ever, nor will you ever likely contribute anything at all, while managing to @#$% off even pretty tolerant and mild mannered people like Keith Trostle claiming, falsely, to hold some superior knowledge. Anyone who has managed to put together an ARF trainer and fly it level has accomplished far more than you ever have or will.   

All your great contributions have done is to get you tossed off of SSW (run by a man whose *life revolves around forgiving people* - quite an accomplishment!) and blocked by almost everyone here.

Brett
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 05:40:10 PM by Brett Buck »

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 07:54:13 PM »
 Thank you Brett.

Here we go again, for the umpteenth time where the effin' JET has trashed another thread, and along with it is flat ass insulting people, AGAIN!!!  HB~> HB~> HB~>

The complaints and issues with this individual have been addressed a ton of times and a lot of us here know that he has had multiple warnings from our host(s) about his false accusations and constant abuse. It was abundantly clear a very long time ago that this stupid tail-chasing circle is never going to end, MODERATORS? SPARKY? HELLO? PLEASE PLEASE, GET RID OF THIS JACKASS!!!

Wayne Willey

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2019, 06:19:24 AM »
Thank you Brett.

Here we go again, for the umpteenth time where the effin' JET has trashed another thread, and along with it is flat ass insulting people, AGAIN!!!  HB~> HB~> HB~>

The complaints and issues with this individual have been addressed a ton of times and a lot of us here know that he has had multiple warnings from our host(s) about his false accusations and constant abuse. It was abundantly clear a very long time ago that this stupid tail-chasing circle is never going to end, MODERATORS? SPARKY? HELLO? PLEASE PLEASE, GET RID OF THIS JACKASS!!!

Cowboy Stunt,

As always, read the Thread.

I never start the trolling and I believe by now Robert AND the entire Forum knows this.

BTW. Why don't you guys give me kudos?

Like, "Nice GBR-3 Jet, it's coming along well" or "Wow! That ARGO 2 turned out nicely for an aerosol can finish." "That Stuka came out nice!" "I can't believe the scale cockpit you scratch built in your Mig-3!"

Here's an example of kudos from a fellow modeler that has no bias, no jealously just a nice guy.

"« on: November 03, 2017, 06:29:12 AM »   
I was at the flying field yesterday, and guess what, Charles showed up with his ARGO 2.  His graphics were flawless ( because he is an expert master graphic artist), and the airplane was incredibly beautifully finished.
 Local BOM contests would judge it near perfect.  NATS maybe 2nd or 3rd row. I’m not kidding. When Charles told me it was a quick job, I wondered what perfection would be like. When he told me he painted it outside, in Florida,
 With rattle can paint,  I almost couldn’t get my head wrapped around it.  So I looked up this post, so I could mention what I saw.  No drips, no bugs, no errors. Finish wasn’t even compounded out. Some comments have been made about whether it can fly or not, or whether Charles can fly it or not.  Well, I know it can fly, and I know I could put it through the pattern with respect. It has a T Bird wing, and moments. So the design parameters are modern enough. Can Charles put it through the pattern? Does it matter? That’s not what this hobby/sport is all about. Charles loves to build. You can plainly see it in his creations. I love to fly. (And Charles told me I’m off my game, a bit, LOL ).  I can’t build and paint like Charles does. I get too impatient. So what.  Credit should be given where credit is due. And then, leave the rest alone.  It’s a hobby, for goodness sakes. Enjoy!

Local BOM contests would judge it near perfect.  NATS maybe 2nd or 3rd row.

Also, FYI, Just over the last 6 years I've contributed more to this forum with a verity of BUILDS than any other member.

Why would you not encourage more of this?

I think by now we know why.

Offline Paul Wood

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2019, 04:04:56 PM »
I've been following this thread for a while and have been reluctant to reply because of possible "blow back", but here is a picture of the scratch built I posted a while back. I used Minnwax Poycrylic to seal the balsa and foam (all of the fuselage except the side pieces are blue foam with 3/4 oz fiberglass applied with polycrylic.) I applied Elmer's wood putty by rubbing it into the grain with my fingers. Sanded with 320. Then re-applied a coat of polycrylic and sanded with 400 grit. Applied two light coats of DupliColor lacquer high build primer. Then DupliColor lacquer auto paint. No problem with compatibility at all. I did make a few test panels to try different build up coats. No problem. But, please note, I did NOT apply lacquer color over polycrylic. I don't know if that works or not.

Paul

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2019, 05:50:44 PM »
I've been following this thread for a while and have been reluctant to reply because of possible "blow back", but here is a picture of the scratch built I posted a while back. I used Minnwax Poycrylic to seal the balsa and foam (all of the fuselage except the side pieces are blue foam with 3/4 oz fiberglass applied with polycrylic.) I applied Elmer's wood putty by rubbing it into the grain with my fingers. Sanded with 320. Then re-applied a coat of polycrylic and sanded with 400 grit. Applied two light coats of DupliColor lacquer high build primer. Then DupliColor lacquer auto paint. No problem with compatibility at all. I did make a few test panels to try different build up coats. No problem. But, please note, I did NOT apply lacquer color over polycrylic. I don't know if that works or not.

Paul

Hi Paul;
    two questions that are part of the equation. One, is it electric or IC powered? two, if it is IC powered,, have you flown it and tested the finish with exhaust and fueling residue dripping on it? This is critical. If electric, it doesn't matter. It does matter if it flies or not. That is what we build these things for, and contrary to previous comments, FLYING is what this hobby is all about. Otherwise, build plastic models and join the IPMS.
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Paul Wood

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2019, 05:01:48 PM »
Dan,
Good questions. It is IC and has not flown due to rain/mud for the past few months. But, I have another similar plane (a Continental) that is finished the same way and has many flights with no problems. The secret is that they are both top coated with 2 part auto clear. I was addressing the issue of lacquer over polycrylic. I don't think the lacquer would hold up to fuel without the 2 part clear, but the lacquer primer gave me no problems over polycrylic. Again, I have not tried lacquer color over polycrylic. And "amen" to the flying vs static display issue.
Paul

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2019, 05:32:47 PM »
Charles, I'm willing to bet I have contributed more builds on here than you have. It's not a contest, and ALL of mine have flown.  I tried to buy some paint  masks from you recently and you just blew me off. I also commented in a very positive manner on one of your builds.  From what I have seen they are impressive. BUT you are a true pain in the ass with your alleged superior knowledge and very long double spaced answers that more often than not are not answers. You have a problem. Fix it. H^^

The Forum IS a contest, that's the problem. Some think it's a "stage."

You know you trolled me for years, day in and day out, tell me I'm lying.

You have three stars next to your name, congratulations.  LL~

So, you're one to talk about any relationship with me. Callie Graphics, I posted a link.

It's been said I've been warned "many times" for trolling. More lies.

I've never been warned and I don't troll first, ever! Sometimes I counter punch like Donald Trump. I actually meet Trump once, I used to fly right over the tower at Mar a Lago. They would call the FAA and report me, even on the days I didn't fly. True!  LL~

Look. It's a shame the behavior in this Forum, especially the attempt to turn modelers into well behaved "clothes pins." Or, convince others to troll.

Rule braking and no one cares. Reminds me of our past DOJ. Still going on actually.

I made it clear up front years ago, I'd rather be trolled than become a clothes pin.

About contributions. Yours don't get trolled.  ;D

Only mine. LL~

And much of what I do "should" at least be considered instead of "written off" as one of my trolls always attempts to do. What they do to me is called "maligning."

And they say it's not jealously?

Any modeler's work efforts are always worth a conversation.

Well, unless you're Avaiojet.

Trolling or entertaining it really accomplishes nothing and it went on religiously, each and every day, for years. Still does.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2019, 06:11:04 PM »
 ATTENTION MODERATORS!

HOW MANY PEOPLE HERE DOES 'JET HAVE TO @#$% OFF??? THIS THREAD IS JUST ANOTHER OF COUNTLESS EXAMPLES THAT HAVE BEEN TRASHED BY THIS GUY-WHAT'S IT GOING TO TAKE TO GET RID OF THIS PSYCHO???!!!

Wayne Willey

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2019, 08:26:45 PM »
The Forum IS a contest, that's the problem. Some think it's a "stage."

You know you trolled me for years, day in and day out, tell me I'm lying.

You have three stars next to your name, congratulations.  LL~

So, you're one to talk about any relationship with me. Callie Graphics, I posted a link.

It's been said I've been warned "many times" for trolling. More lies.

I've never been warned and I don't troll first, ever! Sometimes I counter punch like Donald Trump. I actually meet Trump once, I used to fly right over the tower at Mar a Lago. They would call the FAA and report me, even on the days I didn't fly. True!  LL~

Look. It's a shame the behavior in this Forum, especially the attempt to turn modelers into well behaved "clothes pins." Or, convince others to troll.

Rule braking and no one cares. Reminds me of our past DOJ. Still going on actually.

I made it clear up front years ago, I'd rather be trolled than become a clothes pin.

About contributions. Yours don't get trolled.  ;D

Only mine. LL~

And much of what I do "should" at least be considered instead of "written off" as one of my trolls always attempts to do. What they do to me is called "maligning."

And they say it's not jealously?

Any modeler's work efforts are always worth a conversation.

Well, unless you're Avaiojet.

Trolling or entertaining it really accomplishes nothing and it went on religiously, each and every day, for years. Still does.

But you don't build models, you build  airplane mannequins! Put one of those hanger queens in the air, and then you can look down your nose at us!

Type at you later,
     Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2019, 06:10:31 AM »

But you don't build models, you build  airplane mannequins! Put one of those hanger queens in the air, and then you can look down your nose at us!

Type at you later,
     Dan McEntee

then you can look down your nose at us!

I already do!  LL~ LL~

And have for a long time. I'll fly all of them and you'll troll about my not competing.

Being hateful and trolling another modeler does nothing to promote the CL hobby or the Forum. I said this years ago when 60 of the Forum's finest were trolling me each and every day. Many have grown up, sad a few others have not.

A good percentage of you people don't care about promoting the CL hobby.

Why are many of the "real" contest guys and NATS competitors not even in the Forum?

Dan, how long have you been trolling me, 8 years?

I troll no one. I have no reason to because there's no one that bothers me in any way. Sure, I see guys like you nitpick everything I do or say but so does each and every member of the Forum see this. Hey! whatever floats your boat.

I don't care, I've even backed off my participation in the Forum. There's no point, I'm better off using this time for myself.

My not flying my models? That's no one's business than my own and each and every modeler understands this. The "stage" you look like a fool on it always ribbing/trolling me about not flying my models. Everything negative, mudding Threads.

I have the backing of a real modeler and life long competitor in CL stunt competition, Will Moore. Oddly we saw each other at the flying field. A great guy who's abilities and talents I wish I had. Offered me a good deal of help and because of Will Moore, I'm going "electric."

Never once did he show animosity. Will was flabbergasted when he saw the ARGO 2 for the first time. And he expressed it.

The ARGO 2, a "quickie" using only aerosol cans.   ;D

And for those of you who haven't read Will Moore's comments on my ARGO 2, here' again.

"« on: November 03, 2017, 06:29:12 AM »   
I was at the flying field yesterday, and guess what, Charles showed up with his ARGO 2. His graphics  were flawless ( because he is an expert master graphic artist), and the airplane was incredibly beautifully finished.Local BOM contests would judge it near perfect.  NATS maybe 2nd or 3rd row. I’m not kidding. When Charles told me it was a quick job, I wondered what perfection would be like. When he told me he painted it outside, in Florida,
 With rattle can paint,  I almost couldn’t get my head wrapped around it.  So I looked up this post, so I could mention what I saw.  No drips, no bugs, no errors. Finish wasn’t even compounded out. Some comments have been made about whether it can fly or not, or whether Charles can fly it or not.  Well, I know it can fly, and I know I could put it through the pattern with respect. It has a T Bird wing, and moments. So the design parameters are modern enough. Can Charles put it through the pattern? Does it matter? That’s not what this hobby/sport is all about. Charles loves to build. You can plainly see it in his creations. I love to fly. (And Charles told me I’m off my game, a bit, LOL ).  I can’t build and paint like Charles does. I get too impatient. So what.  Credit should be given where credit is due. And then, leave the rest alone.  It’s a hobby, for goodness sakes. Enjoy!"

Painted in a couple of days! Outside! Now.The ARGO's finish blows the ARGO 2's finish away. Does this, by Will Moore's description of the ARGO 2 mean the ARGO could be front row?

Front row, back row or no row, I don't care, All I know is I admire modelers like Will Moore and miss modelers like Marcus.

Real promoters of CL modeling and wonderful individuals.

My work and efforts with this hobby speaks for itself, and trolling is fooling no one.

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2019, 07:05:36 PM »
I hope this ends this line of talk.  The flak coming out over a reasonable answer to a simple question is kind of off the wall an unnecessary.
As shown above, blast backs just generate more flak.
phil Cartier

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2019, 07:53:33 PM »
I hope this ends this line of talk.  The flak coming out over a reasonable answer to a simple question is kind of off the wall an unnecessary.
As shown above, blast backs just generate more flak.

There are a lot of people on this forum that wish it would end too Phil, but it's not going to until one individual goes away. There is a glaringly obvious reason this individual has been banned from other forums, I really can't figure out why our moderators haven't done the same. It got beyond ridiculous a long time ago. Going back to when it all started with this guy there is a huge list of examples of why he should have been booted by now, the countless number of straight up and direct insults to people here being just one of them. And the constant TROLL accusations from him, he needs to look in the mirror because he's by far the biggest one here. Thing is he wouldn't get it, he's so lost it doesn't even register. Too bad, he's a cancer here and it really needs to go away.

Wayne Willey

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2019, 10:22:55 PM »
The solution to this on-going annoyance is simple and always has been. Do not engage in discussing any person negatively. If you disagree with a post, just note the particular item needing correction and state the facts as you see them. C'mon guys, this embarrassing exchange need never have happened.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2019, 11:39:56 PM »
The solution to this on-going annoyance is simple and always has been. Do not engage in discussing any person negatively. If you disagree with a post, just note the particular item needing correction and state the facts as you see them. C'mon guys, this embarrassing exchange need never have happened.

That's the problem here Serge, I agree with you, but the case with this individual has been going on here for a very long time.

If you're at all familiar with the history of this individual he routinely barges in and interrupts threads with what are most often false "one-up" man-ship claims in a combined attempt to turn the focus in his direction (often with a detail that has absolutely nothing to do with the original thread). He hugely and consistently misses the point of most conversations while typically disagreeing and demeaning people offering legitimate, educated and proven feedback. He knows more, has done more, and invented and/or did it before anyone else. I'd say just ask him on those things but you never have to, he'll go there first.

He puts false words in others mouths, makes blatantly false accusations about people, calls everyone who questions or doesn't completely agree with him a troll, on and on and on it goes. Anyone who's been watching since he first showed up here knows, the history and sheer number of absurd, rude and direct insults is unprecedented with this guy. This routine behavior from him is rampant all across the forum.

Quite a while back I finally broke down and added him to my "ignore" list, the only person to which I've done so. Every so often though I'll open one of his replies in the middle of a thread to verify my opinion. So far, every time I check, he gives nothing but continued and growing confirmation.

Why do I care and why am I griping so much about this? It's because I'm way beyond sick of this guy constantly insulting all of the great people on this forum and feel that something should be done about it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 11:56:42 PM by wwwarbird »

Wayne Willey

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2019, 05:59:52 PM »
Reminds me of the MSM.

LL~

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here