News:

• April 19, 2024, 07:58:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rainy days and Mondays.  (Read 881 times)

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Rainy days and Mondays.
« on: February 20, 2021, 06:40:36 AM »
The 2 part clear spray can was delivered 2 weeks ago. It's been very wet and now too cold to use it on my latest build.(65 consecutive hours of below 32 degrees) This is a replacement for a profile that just couldn't get a good engine run. 2 different engines and 3 different fuel tanks, nothing worked.  I figured a full fuselage would cure it. I used the center rib from a Twister for the wing with 1/32 sheeting covering it and the tail and .25LA from the profile. It's been ready for clear since the rains and cold began. Which is moot as the field is not usable in this weather anyway. Maybe this weekend. I rigged up a paint stand for the plane, which is sticking out of the nose, and if it doesn't fly well enough it will also be a spit.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Rainy days and Mondays.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 08:08:17 AM »
Nice job Perry!

Your workshop is just like mine, crap everywhere. Actually I lie. Yours is way better than mine, I build on a porch!
Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Perry Rose

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 01:20:30 PM »
I got the opportunity this morning and hosed the clear on. It's curing finally. First flight in a week.

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 08:03:06 AM »
This is why I don't build profiles. The foot print of the narrow fuse glued to a large wing and stab are not conducive to stunt planes. Poor motor run and twisting of the fuse and tail.

Offline Perry Rose

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 11:31:07 AM »
Tuesday morning, clear skies, light to no wind and very dry for here. I assembled the plane yesterday and the hinges had bound up so it took a bit to free them up. I didn't like the balance so I removed the spinner and put a Higley Heavy Hub on the nose. First flight was almost uneventful. Level wings, good speed and a bit sensitive to the controls. I shortened the down line and reduced the line spacing at the handle. Better but still need a shorter down line. Third flight was the same, needs a shorter down line. At home I removed the tongue muffler and installed the stock one. The heavy hub was replaced by the plastic spinner and nuts. That increased the nose weight by an ounce over the first iteration. I reset the leadouts and it's ready for another go at it.
  60 foot lines eye to eye. Total weight right now is 42.2 ounces with an ounce of tip weight. The engine problems seem to be cured on the new plane.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 10:55:04 PM »
This is why I don't build profiles. The foot print of the narrow fuse glued to a large wing and stab are not conducive to stunt planes. Poor motor run and twisting of the fuse and tail.

Tell Joe Gilbert about that after congratulating him on his multiple VSC victories with a Ringmaster. 🤪
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here