News:

• April 16, 2024, 09:18:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question about polishing compounds  (Read 975 times)

Offline JHildreth

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Question about polishing compounds
« on: October 13, 2021, 08:26:03 PM »
I am seeking the most appropriate product(s) for the final stages of buffing and polishing an auto basecoat/clearcoat finish.  I have seen three different Meguiars polishing products:  Ultimate Compound, Mirror Glaze, and SwirlX.  I haven't been able to determine the difference between the three.  I would like to know which one(s) to use and in what order if more than one.  Thanks.

Joe

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: Question about polishing compounds
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 11:07:24 PM »
I am seeking the most appropriate product(s) for the final stages of buffing and polishing an auto basecoat/clearcoat finish.  I have seen three different Meguiars polishing products:  Ultimate Compound, Mirror Glaze, and SwirlX.  I haven't been able to determine the difference between the three.  I would like to know which one(s) to use and in what order if more than one.  Thanks.

I *think* it would be compound, then swirl remover. Compound is usually pretty coarse, so you would want a medium and fine polish afterward, followed by swirl remover. That's usually about as far as I would ever go, but I am an 18-point kind of guy, at best. Mirror glaze, I never even use that on cars.

Brett

Offline JHildreth

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Question about polishing compounds
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 09:22:16 PM »
Thanks for your response Brett.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here