News:

• April 16, 2024, 02:19:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pampa decals  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Ron Vargo

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Pampa decals
« on: November 03, 2021, 04:25:43 PM »
Hey guys I would like to know if anyone is producing a decal of the Pampa logo with the triangle and the airplane in it. 
I would like to find a nice color decal of this for the rudder  of the plane I am now finishing

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Pampa decals
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 10:09:30 PM »
The ones I had in my stash I sent to David Trible with permission he could use them any way he wanted.  Don't know if he ever got them or not.  Keep forgetting to ask him.   Bad when you live within a couple of miles of each and don't keep in touch.  I have a legitable excuses,  old age and bad lower body bones/nerves. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 06:34:43 AM »
Ron,
If you have a .jpg or other file of the logo you could use MS Paint to size it and print it to waterslide decal paper (Michael's  6x8 size ~$6) on an inkjet printer. I did this with the Brotherhood of the Ring logo for my S1 and it works great.

Attached is a small one that you might be able to resize.

Best,   DennisT

Offline Ron Vargo

• 21 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 05:46:30 PM »
Awesome I will try that thx

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 06:52:33 PM »
Ron,
If you have a .jpg or other file of the logo you could use MS Paint to size it and print it to waterslide decal paper (Michael's  6x8 size ~$6) on an inkjet printer. I did this with the Brotherhood of the Ring logo for my S1 and it works great.

Attached is a small one that you might be able to resize.

Best,   DennisT
Your Handiwork!  These are Vinyl.  Did some in waterslide as well.  Sorry about the photo.  By the time you shrink them to fit the 1000k limit they get a bit course.

Ken
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 11:05:44 AM by Ken Culbertson »
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 06:56:17 AM »
Ken,
Very nice job. What brand of vinyl printable sheets do you use?

Best,   DennisT

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 10:57:19 AM »
Ken,
Very nice job. What brand of vinyl printable sheets do you use?

Best,   DennisT
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZJ5N2BS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title

Very thin and easy to apply.  Lots of other choices there.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2021, 12:47:12 PM »
Ken, thanks for the lead to printable water-slide decal sheets! Back when I did some, Krylon Gloss Clear sealed the inked surface - couple of misted coats then a minimally wet gloss coat. When dry, and starting, again, with a mist coat or two with your finish material to prove compatibility and prevent dissolving parts of the image

When doing mine, a few years back, I noticed that "white" sheets were not very opaque - strong colors underneath showed through as clear 'shadows' in those colors. Also, it could simplify cutting to the "content" if you could print a close match of the color under the decal around the  actual image(s). That's less problem with mostly a white base color. Haven't looked at your suggested source yet; do you know if their "white" material is more opaque?

Best remedy then seemed to be to mask for and paint white for under the decal colors. I did use the translucency once, on a yellow silk-covered, clear dope finished wing. Decal surface color included a medium blue. Sunlight shining through changed that to a glowing green when the model was high, or turning - changing as the light hit it differently.
\BEST\LOU

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2021, 01:15:03 PM »
Ken, thanks for the lead to printable water-slide decal sheets! Back when I did some, Krylon Gloss Clear sealed the inked surface - couple of misted coats then a minimally wet gloss coat. When dry, and starting, again, with a mist coat or two with your finish material to prove compatibility and prevent dissolving parts of the image

When doing mine, a few years back, I noticed that "white" sheets were not very opaque - strong colors underneath showed through as clear 'shadows' in those colors. Also, it could simplify cutting to the "content" if you could print a close match of the color under the decal around the  actual image(s). That's less problem with mostly a white base color. Haven't looked at your suggested source yet; do you know if their "white" material is more opaque?

Best remedy then seemed to be to mask for and paint white for under the decal colors. I did use the translucency once, on a yellow silk-covered, clear dope finished wing. Decal surface color included a medium blue. Sunlight shining through changed that to a glowing green when the model was high, or turning - changing as the light hit it differently.
Couple of quick notes.  Inkjet printed don't seem to do well printing light colors to go over dark.  I used two misted coats to seal prior to whole plane clear later.  The slide off ones needed three coats to be strong enough.  The sheets I bought painted using Rustoleum extremely well.  So well that I cut some of the planed trim from painted vinyl sheets.  The blue trim on the tail of my pictured plane is vinyl.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Warren Wagner

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
  • Bradenton, FL
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2021, 12:09:41 PM »
Ron,

I thought that maybe you would prefer a color PAMPA patch....in two sizes no less.

It's in .BMP, but you can convert it to anything else, if needed.

(see attached file)

Cheers,

Warren Wagner
AMA 1385
Warren Wagner
AMA 1385

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here