News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:40:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Paint brushes for dope/Hobby Lobby  (Read 871 times)

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Paint brushes for dope/Hobby Lobby
« on: December 21, 2018, 08:22:46 AM »
If you are looking for high quality brushes Hobby Lobby has them on sale for 50% off. I use the ones by Master Artist with the orange and black handles. 1" Oval Mop works great for doing your clear coats. They cost a little more but it beats picking shed bristles off your plane.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Paint brushes for dope/Hobby Lobby
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 09:15:55 AM »
I have gotten really good brushes fo dope from Mack brushes.  They are the company that makes all the different striping brushes used by custom car and sign painters.  Most of the lacquer and striping brushes have Russian squirrel bristles that don't shed and depending on the brush carry a good load of paint. The lacquering brushes are especially nice.   I also use the Hanukane quill brushes for laying down extra coats on capstrips on built up wings.  The prices are reasonable for their high quality

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Paint brushes for dope/Hobby Lobby
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 10:13:25 PM »
Alan, I looked at their catalog and the prices are on par with those that I am using. One thing I did was to write on each brush what color its used for. Pretty much puts a end to worrying about "bleeding".
Seemed that no matter how much I cleaned them there was always some left behind.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here