News:

• April 18, 2024, 04:26:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nooks and Crannys  (Read 843 times)

Offline Bruce Shipp

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Nooks and Crannys
« on: October 07, 2021, 09:01:30 AM »
I can do a descent finish and am comfortable with the basics of sanding, substrate, etc. 

But…I have never been able to get a reasonable finish on tight corners and behind or inside details such as this F-5 inlet. I would love to see a tutorial explaining and demonstrating techniques, tools and materials that result in a seamless finish behind and inside inlets, the junction of gear legs and wheel pants, inside the cooling holes of a “Ted Fancher” cowl, the radiator grills in Windy’s Testerosa and in other seemingly impossible to reach and finish areas.

Thanks,

Bruce

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Nooks and Crannys
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 10:31:15 AM »
Certainly not as "tight" a space as your photo, but with this model and others, I fold layers of sandpaper for thickness or wrap them in cardboard.

I try to avoid metal. Credit cards are stiff and so is some card stock Balsa works also.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Nooks and Crannys
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 05:08:19 AM »
What Charles said. That and alot of determination.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here