News:

• May 17, 2024, 08:49:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dope Paint (Here is some help)  (Read 706 times)

Offline Bryan Higgins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Arvada Associated Modelers Member
Dope Paint (Here is some help)
« on: June 27, 2011, 10:44:03 AM »
Hello Modelers

I thought i would help out some of the beginners out there who  need help with Basic Dope paint.

This section will help you purchase the correct dope paint for your control line models. 

The easyest way is here: Brodak.com  click on paints >then Brodak Paints and Select from list
and add to cart the tin's of dope you would like.  Brodak sends the paint which also includes
a how to pamplet on applying the dope. This is perfect for the simple modeler who only builds
one or two smaller aircraft a year.

Now for the modeler who is a little more serious: Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.   Here is where
the public can purchase the "Randolph Coatings" Colored Dope as well as the clear base.
Go to Aircraft Spruce click on "Coverings Supplies" > Randolph Coatings scroll down to color
selector and put in your color base then type (Butyate) then Qaunity then add to cart.
Ignore the Mark II mixing instructions that is just for metel paints only.

Here is the one thing you must understand Randolphaircraft.com makes the clear dope and is
a wholesaler.  Aircraft Spruce is the people who add the pigments to the clear dope base and
sell to the public. You can go online to the Randolphaircraft.com site and sign up for a free
color chart to help you out with your colors.  But then you must pick a distributor to go buy
you colored dope from.  And i use Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.   

That is where most people don't understand about buying surpluss colored dope and give
up, But i just wanted to help people understand where to get it and make it easyer for them.
So go check out the sites and you should see how it works.  I hoped this helped , take care
and have fun building a Control Line Plane.  Thank You Bryan H.

Bryan R higgins Jr.
Arvada,Colorado
AMA#885188

larry borden

Re: Dope Paint (Here is some help)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:01:43 PM »
I have been using Randolph dope exclusivelly for some time. I have an aircraft supply co here and it is cheaper. I use the Brodak crystal clear as the final overcoat and their primer.

Offline Bryan Higgins

• Commander
  • Arvada Associated Modelers Member
Re: Dope Paint (Here is some help)
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
Hi Larry
I like using the Brodak Primer myself it works really well for me.
Bryan R higgins Jr.
Arvada,Colorado
AMA#885188

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here