News:

• May 09, 2024, 08:41:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need the lowdown on automotive clearcoats  (Read 11730 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: Need the lowdown on automotive clearcoats
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2009, 06:04:05 PM »
Thanks Terry...
Hope U can accept my apology for being so...ALARMING on my above post. No excuse, however I saddens me to see so many of my old retired wind tunnel modelmakers and co-workers that have had their health and lives and their families lives inpacted because in their early days...
they didn't take seriously the consequences in not following to the letter, the instruction sheets that accompany these many hazardous products on a daily basis.

However equally sad...DEAD MEN..TELL NO TALES~! So many gifted and artistic human beings have gone home to the father...all too soon.
AGAIN..TERRY!
WE WANT YOU ON OUR SAFETY WALL..WE NEED YOU ON OUR SAFETY WALL...TO KEEP US INFORMED AND AWARE OF THE DANGERS in using these products.
KNOWLEDGE AND THEN PUTTING THAT KNOWLEDGE IN DAILY PRACTICE...will help enable us to live better and healther lives..in the quest to enjoy life and its gifts we enjoy during these all took breif time spent on this earth.

OPPS! GANG!
I FEEL OFF MY SOAP-SOUP BOX...AGAIN! R%%%% H^^ LL~ LL~

Don Shultz

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2009, 06:22:06 PM »
WE WANT YOU ON OUR SAFETY WALL..WE NEED YOU ON OUR SAFETY WALL...

I think you've seen "A Few Good Men" too many times. LL~
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Pinecone

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2009, 07:00:44 AM »
As I have said, I have spent the last 25 years of my life trying to protect workers' health and safety. 

Unfortunately the biggest impediment to doing so tends to be the workers themselves. :(

You teach them the hazards and the controls, and they seem to out of their way to NOT protect themselves.

And one other point on the hazards of the solvents versus the isocyanates, vapor pressure.  I don't remember if I discussed this, but as we know, solvents evaporate very quickly, that is due to high vapor pressure.  In a contained space you can get solvent vapor levels of several PER CENT.  And we are still talking about max permissable exposure levels of maybe a few hundred parts per million.  So while the toxicity may be less, the EXPOSURE can be much higher.
Terry Carraway
AMA 47402

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here