News:

• May 04, 2024, 04:39:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak to discontinue Candy Apple Red dope  (Read 828 times)

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Brodak to discontinue Candy Apple Red dope
« on: December 27, 2018, 11:31:13 AM »
And I bought the last jar. 😁

Offline Chuck_Smith

• Captain
Re: Brodak to discontinue Candy Apple Red dope
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 05:20:42 PM »
I just buy clear dope and head over to the body shop, pick a color and have them add the pigment to my clear.
AMA 76478

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 11:38:23 PM »
OR...you can add "fade-proof" ink to clear dope. The Brodak candy-apple red dope faded to almost nothing in a year or two (depending on sun exposure). So far, the home-made stuff has held up pretty well. Just be SURE that you clear-coat it. I thought that, since I'd made the translucent red with clear dope as the solvent of the red, it would be "fuel-proof." It was NOT fuel resistant enough, until I applied clear over the mixture. SO,...gold under red/clear under clear works with Brodak dope.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 12:09:06 AM »
House of Kolor will have what you need. https://houseofkolor.com/homepage/  D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here