News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:17:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Leadouts contamination.  (Read 665 times)

Online Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Leadouts contamination.
« on: December 09, 2021, 06:23:52 AM »
On a plane that was all paint and clear coat there was a catch in the controls. A bump. I finally found it being paint buildup on one of the cables. The two part clear really made it hard to remove but a razor blade did the trick.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Leadouts contamination.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 08:32:19 AM »
On a plane that was all paint and clear coat there was a catch in the controls. A bump. I finally found it being paint buildup on one of the cables. The two part clear really made it hard to remove but a razor blade did the trick.

I mask mine off.

The inboard wing in that area really doesn't need a build-up of paint. Other areas? You decide.

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here