News:

• May 13, 2024, 07:20:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: KBS Clear weight--one coat  (Read 2227 times)

Offline bruce finley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
KBS Clear weight--one coat
« on: November 25, 2014, 07:20:04 AM »
FYI

Just applied one medium foam brushed coat of KBS on my Gotcha Streak--48" 520 sq's-- and added 1.2 oz.  Pretty much slopped it on, it did level out very nicely.  I covered the entire model surface.  Man it stinks!! :X Yes I did wear a mask.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: KBS Clear weight--one coat
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 04:42:19 PM »
Bruce,
Good information. It would be interesting if someone does one sprayed to see the difference. My guess is that if you add about 35% reducer you could spray it from a cheap Preval spray bottle (about $6). If sprayed maybe it would be about 3/4 oz?

Best,    DennisT

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 10:36:18 PM »
Bruce,
Good information. It would be interesting if someone does one sprayed to see the difference. My guess is that if you add about 35% reducer you could spray it from a cheap Preval spray bottle (about $6). If sprayed maybe it would be about 3/4 oz?

Best,    DennisT

I dunno, Dennis. The Gotcha Streak is pretty small. You could probably get the weight down a little by spraying, but on a 40-60 size stunter, I'm afraid of what even one sprayed coat weighs. Guess maybe similar to urethane clear?
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 10:04:06 AM »
Is this the amount you sprayed on or the weight after it cured?   Dope loses weight as it cures by the evaporation of materials.   Water base paints lose a little while curing by evaporation.   I know the two part auto clear I usually mix up two to three ounces for spraying and on my Gotcha Streak I had to mix up more to finish.  But, if you can get a high gloss finish clear and still be in the ball park for finish, why worry? S?P
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here