News:

• July 15, 2024, 06:06:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Iwata LPH-80 0.8mm  (Read 59610 times)

Offline Mike Quinn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Iwata LPH-80 0.8mm
« on: May 22, 2024, 03:00:24 PM »
Hi

Anyone with any experience of Iwata LPH-80 for our purposes?

Mike

Offline Lauri Malila

• Admiral
Re: Iwata LPH-80 0.8mm
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 10:48:21 AM »
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 03:56:53 AM by Lauri Malila »

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2024, 09:39:37 AM »
I use an Iwata air brush and it serves well.  However the LPH 80 seems to be way overkill for what we do.  Many regular spray guns work well at a fraction of the cost of that one.  Also I am not a fan of the gravity feed.   It seems awkward and clumsy and to some degree blocks the view of your work.  I prefer a bottle I can remove from the gun and set on the table to fill.  Otherwise you will need to create some sort of a holder in which to set the gun while you rest or simply to fill it.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Mike Quinn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2024, 09:58:40 AM »
Hi Dave

Youíre not wrong on the overkill angle as it is pricey.  But then again, the whole hobby is pricey.  In my case , its not just for CL models but for larger RC models.

Iíve had good results on RC pattern models with just a Fastmover 0.8mm (Harbour freight type) HVLP at a fraction of the price.   These models were with a £30 gun.

https://forums.modelflying.co.uk/index.php?/topic/39623-loaded-dice-40s-spray-painting/#comments

Iíve been playing around with it some more and although its pricey you can definitely tell the difference.  Its Iwata airbrush type atomisation across a decent fan pattern width (4Ē) and lays down very light.  Super controllable.  My usual problem is laying down too much in one go and getting a little orange peel.

Have to say i prefer gravity brushes and guns as you can mix up pretty small amounts of paint.  Seem easier to clean too.  Theres plenty of downloads for 3D printable gun/cup holders out there so not really an issue per se. 

No doubt theres guys out there can achieve way better results than me with much cheaper gear.  Still learning 😀

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2024, 10:51:34 PM »
Keep in mind you cant put tape on any dope sprayed by an airbrush. No chemical adhesion. The thin coats from an airbrush dry too fast, not staying wet long enough to melt into the previous coat.

Advertise Here
Tags: