News:

• April 24, 2024, 05:09:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Humidity forcast for painting  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Humidity forcast for painting
« on: February 04, 2014, 05:50:08 AM »
Guys,
Here in south Florida we have to watch the weather for "good paint" days. These are usually in the winter months but not always. I was wondering if anyone know of a weather site that give forecasts for several days out that includes humidity as well as temperature. This would give us a better shot at have that final clear coat or two ready.

Best,          DennisT

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Humidity forcast for painting
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 06:49:20 AM »
Dennis,

I've developed a relationship with a body shop. They have a temperature controlled booth.

They will also spray my clear coat.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Don Jenkins

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 06:57:46 AM »
I use Accuweather.com for flying and painting forecasts.  Hope this helps.

Don

Eric Viglione

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 02:47:20 PM »
I live in Florida, where it's NEVER below 80% humidity it seems... so I gave up on dope and switched to KlassKote Epoxy colors, and Urethane clear. I can paint in darn near a rain storm with no blush.

Actually, I tell a lie, now that I think on it, I did actually paint during a rain storm once right at the inside edge of my garage opening, and the KlassKote dark blue color did start to blush a little, and I dragged it in the house immediately where the A/C drew the blush out almost instantly. The good news is Epoxy dries slow enough for the moisture/gas to escape before it cures.

But that was such an extreme situation, I mean, it was raining buckets. I was desperate to finish it on a deadline at the time and the rain started after I already mixed the paint and I didn't want to chuck the paint (too cheap). Any other circumstances a sane person would paint in, and this stuff would never blush.

EricV

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 02:50:39 PM »
http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?Submit=Go&sta=KMSY&state=LA

I use this site for picking good flying days based on the winds forecast and also for humidity when I'm planning to spray dope.
You will have to change the zip code for your location.
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Advertise Here

Advertise Here