News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:17:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: First time for me.  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
First time for me.
« on: April 23, 2021, 03:32:00 PM »

Mean while, out in the garage....

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 10:52:22 AM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: First time for me.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 02:52:50 PM »
Yesterday, Sunday and this morning,  I painted the Cross Fire a second time. Followed the posted suggestions and it came out much, much nicer. Tomorrow I paint the black trim, and apply a missing part of the fin. Not sure how I missed that.

Thanks for all the suggestions, most useful was keeping the can moving fast. The hot water tick I remembered from the early 80's when  painting with those aerosol cans full of gas for cheap spray guns. Cheap being the key word. D>K H^^

You're one lucky guy. Connected also.

But, I will say you should try Krylon and wet sanding isn't necessary with Krylon.

You'll still have to use a two part clear to fuel proof.

You can dry sand Krylon, clean, clean, clean, then mask for another color in an hour.

If you put on Rustoleum and your taking most of it off, I'm guessing it didn't work well?

I know all about the hot water trick but never used it. I know of no one who heats paint when they spray it through a gun.

I've sprayed paint my whole life, try the Krylon.

Rusty was the Aerosol, "can" guy. What a nice guy he was.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: First time for me.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 06:26:16 PM »
1. Wet sanding keeps the paper from loading up. 2. It's electric, not IC, thus no fuel proofing. 3. The store didn't have Krylon in the color I wanted. In fact they are out of the red (Sunrise) in Rustoleum. 4. I don't really care all that much and it was an experiment. 5. You give advise I didn't want from you, but you refuse to sell paint masks to me. 6. Go to hell. H^^

You trolled me for years and I'm still trying to help. I told you, I don't remember telling you I wouldn't sell you masks.

Just like I tell everyone, even my trolls, if you need anything just ask.

Everyone reads Threads, so advice travels, a good thing.

Look, It's not my fault I had 30 years of building and finishing experience before I came into SS. Not to mention my background and what I did for a living.

Let it go. Many have.

BTW, Electric or not, you'll still need a clear coat to finish, just for the look.

Will you eventually put up photos? Sharing photos is great!

Good luck with your experiments and your model.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here