News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:28:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig "Aerokote-Lite"  (Read 1359 times)

Offline RK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Sig "Aerokote-Lite"
« on: December 31, 2017, 11:30:18 AM »
Sig Aerokote - Lite is really  cheap at $4.95 a roll soooo trying to save some $$ I ordered some before posting. Has anyone used it??  **)                                 

RK Flyer
If you come to a fork in the road,,,,Take it!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Sig "Aerokote-Lite"
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 01:55:23 PM »
Just went to the SIG Mfg. site to look at this.   If I didn't have so much covering materials I would try it.   Reading the info it looks like it would work on the Ringmaster size planes or smaller.   Putting it on sheeted surfaces of bigger planes might be feasible.   Why not try it and be the first to let us know.   Happy new year. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Sig "Aerokote-Lite"
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 02:20:55 AM »
My experience with the purple transparent material was not too good. It does not have much "stick" to the adhesive, which gave me problems covering. That issue continued to show up as I flew and cleaned the model. This was not a defect in a single roll. I talked to the guys at SIG and they provided another roll to try out. I found it performed the same. I used it on a 15-sized model and a 40-sized model with the same results.

As far as longevity, it started to split along the edges of planking after a couple of years. So definitely less durable than MonoKote transparents. I do not know if the adhesion of the other colors is similar, or better.

My conclusion is that this may be ok for small, electric models that don't put much stress on covering, and are not exposed to fuel. It takes more patience to try to get it to stick when covering, and you may need to add adhesive in places to get it to stick at all.

The reason I picked it was the color--it is a great purple.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here