News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Createx water base auto paints  (Read 793 times)

Offline Fred Quedenfeld jr

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Createx water base auto paints
« on: March 08, 2022, 06:49:55 AM »
Anyone use these paints
how much reducer do you use?
How many coats?
What do you use for primer / filler
thanks
Fred Quedenfeld

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Createx water base auto paints
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 11:01:05 AM »
Anyone use these paints
how much reducer do you use?
How many coats?
What do you use for primer / filler
thanks
Fred Quedenfeld

Fred,

I've used them quite often. I did air brush for a living, over my entire life actually. I still have a bunch of that stuff hanging around. All 2 ounce bottles I believe.

You can spray over primer, it's preferred, unless your working with fabric.

Your other questions? I don't know what you have for equipment/tips, even experience with other sprayable air brush products?

Coats? depends on tips and mix and air pressure, and some colors won't cover as well as others. Just like any paint. It's been awhile sense I've used this stuff, but I believe they offer two reducers? I don't mix brands. I recommend you don't reduce with water as many do.

What is your project and what do you want to accomplish? There's plenty of other brands of acrylic paint also.

These are water base paints and must be cleared for model airplane use. The two part auto clears are becoming popular.

I haven't purchased this product in years, be interesting to know what a 2 ounce bottle sells for. Do you know?

Good luck.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline George Truett

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: Createx water base auto paints
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 03:17:52 PM »
Fred, I used Auto Air Colors on a couple of projects about 20 years ago.  The local autobody supply carried the entire line and loaned me a set of videos on using it.  I painted the X-15 shown using it and I was pleased with the results.  It covers very well (surprised me), I reduced about 10% with their reducer but as I recall, you can spray it out of the bottle.  I prepped with 2k auto primer and sealed with a coat of PPG Epoxy primer.  The thing I really like about it was being able to spray indoors.  I put down a drop cloth and hung another on the wall and painted in my basement shop, no smell.  I did make one mistake, I always wet sand with 600/1000/1500 before clear coat, that was not a good idea with water based paint and I had to touch up a bit.  I clear coated with 2k auto clear (low cost generic brand) and it all worked well together.  I still have a bit of it but for some reason the local guys stopped carrying it.  Since then I have gone back to basecoat/clearcoat or Klass Kote with 2k clear.  George
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 05:40:43 PM by George Truett »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here