Building Tips and technical articles. > Paint and finishing

CLEAR COAT

(1/3) > >>

Jack Mulinix:
Ok, so I've painted the new plane with krylon white, some blue duplicolor stripes, all going good, call in to get the clear polyurathane w/ hardner in a rattle can. Its a 2part, valve in bottom of can, works good, fuelproof, no longer available. Now what? Sure, automotive poly w/ hardner but I think my Sharpe75 gun may be a little overkill. Any ideas? With out breaking the bank on new guns. HELP. CLEARLESS IN LYNNWOOD thanks

Mark Scarborough:
Jack,
If you wanted an appropriate spray gun, Finex is a really good choice and they make a detail gun that works well. Great mid price range gun.
as for spray bomb clears, I have no idea I dont spray much from cans?
hope someone else can point you in the right direction

Jack Mulinix:
Thanks Mark for the info, wonder if one of the tool trucks can get them. The Avenger looks awesome, hope to see it this year. As far as polys go, ditzler, martin senoir(ha ha)? Thanks again, jack

Mark Scarborough:
I use PPG 2021,,
some guys have good luck with Omni.

Jack Mulinix:
So, this may be asking for THE SECRET STUFF or, you know that holy grail thats been blended for years, but what about reducer, hardner, the full deal. got some, had to go out and look some dtr 600 and 602. Been awhile since I've painted anything. Thanks Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version