News:

• May 17, 2024, 08:02:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Kolar Kote  (Read 1212 times)

Offline James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Brodak Kolar Kote
« on: October 09, 2014, 09:09:02 PM »
I'm thinking about ordering some of the Brodak Iron on film for Ben's profiles.  How well does this brand work compared to Ultra Cote?

Thanks,

James
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:03:12 PM by James Mills »
AMA 491167

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Brodak Kolar Kote
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 12:13:56 PM »
When I bought my first rolls of the stuff it was to do a red, white and blue scheme on the Brodak original Magician.   The Red and Blue were okay to work with.   The white I could not get the backing to separate.   I at first thought maybe there was no backing.   But, picking at it with the exacto I finally got a piece to separate.   But, then it came off in strips.   I am sorry to say I did not approach John about this problem.   But this was my experience with it. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline rich gorrill

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Brodak Kolar Kote
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 11:13:39 AM »
James, I have used Brodak Kolar Coat on three different plane's, wings only, and have had no problem with it. It is easier to use than Monokote i.m.h.o., especially on the wing tips. I iron it on and shrink with a heat gun. Also you can't beat the price, buy one get one free. I don't do the seams with a sealer and have never had a problem with seperation. One of these days I'll have to try doing a fuselage, probably easier on a full bodied ship but a pain on profiles.

Rich

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here