Building Tips and technical articles. > Paint and finishing

Best 'sport' paint job over wood

<< < (4/4)

Tim Wescott:

--- Quote from: Steve Helmick on February 22, 2010, 04:58:44 PM ---Uh...how to say this...don't be green (with envy) of the EGAM CL bunch, 'cause their CL circles are gone.

Rumor has it that there will be new ones, someplace else on the grounds...a "Phoenix" of a different sort. Without Voles, hopefully. Somehow, I doubt that it will be as kewl as the original circles were.  :'( Steve

--- End quote ---
Ouch.

Oh well.  Several years ago I mentioned to one of the officers in my RC club that it'd just take a bit of mowing to have a CL circle.  So they went and mowed one -- even though I made it clear that I wasn't going to get around to building a CL plane for ages.  There is one other guy who flies CL, but still, I had to dust of an overweight, oversize, lame 1/2A plane just to show my appreciation.

Tim Wescott:

--- Quote from: Tim Wescott on January 09, 2010, 11:57:46 AM ---I think I can do a nifty looking color scheme with your method of decoupage using tissue, and if it fades it fades (I suspect that red fades a bunch more than other colors -- red dye is usually pretty susceptible to sunlight for some reason).  I also think it won't take too long to get good results, particularly if I want to do more than one color (I like sunburst color schemes), and I can make #2 son happy by overlaying blue and red tissue to get purple -- maybe it'll even entice him to fly the thing.

So that's the working theory; we'll see how it goes.

--- End quote ---

BTW:  This is the method I used.  It took longer than just enough dope to fuel-proof, but it sure looks nice.  Flies good, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version