News:

• May 10, 2024, 03:48:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Randolph Packaging  (Read 641 times)

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Randolph Packaging
« on: February 03, 2012, 06:44:50 PM »
Speaking of Randolph, I just got a gallon of clear butyrate from Wicks.  It came in a paint can.  Is that standard?  I'd think it would come in a narrow, screw-on-top thinner can like Brodak does. 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: Randolph Packaging
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 07:43:58 PM »
Howard,

Yea, that happened to me. I'd been buying Certified dope and it came in a standard one gallon can (just like fuel). I ordered a gallon of Randolph's and it came in a one gallon can (just like house paint). One good thing was you can get a trick pour spout for the paint can.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 08:21:41 AM »
That is the only way I've ever get Randolph clear. I haven't seen it in the thinner type cans in years.  The first time Chris Cox and I ordered Randolph clear all Spencer Aviation had were quarts so they gave us gallon prices.  I kept the cans and when empty, I clean them and refill from the gallon using a spout I bought at the Home Depot. 
Alan Resinger

larry borden

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 11:48:40 AM »
Alan, great idea! I've been using a plastic paint cup to dip the paint out with. Gonna try your method.

Offline billbyles

• AMA Member
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Speaking of Randolph, I just got a gallon of clear butyrate from Wicks.  It came in a paint can.  Is that standard?  I'd think it would come in a narrow, screw-on-top thinner can like Brodak does. 

Hi Howard,

I have been using Randolph butyrate dope since about 1975 & it has always been packaged in round paint cans, both the gallons & quarts, colors & clear.  Five gallon sizes come in metal 5-gallon pails with a plastic pull-out spout.  The next larger size would be a 55 gallon drum (mostly for orange dope.) 

Interestingly enough, The current Aircraft Spruce catalog shows a gallon screw-on top can beside the listing for Randolph butyrate tautening clear, but they show a round gallon can beside the listing for non-tautening butyrate clear.  Certified clear comes in gallon screw-on top gallon cans & quart screw-on top quart cans.  The thinners for both are packaged in the screw-on top type cans in the quart & gallon sizes. 
Bill Byles
AMA 20913
So. Cal.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here