News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:53:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: About labeling  (Read 940 times)

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
About labeling
« on: November 16, 2012, 10:09:25 AM »
On glow plug airplanes, I use clear tautening and non-tautening butyrate.  On diesel airplanes, I use tautening and non-tautening nitrate.  I used to be able to tell butyrate from nitrate by smell, but no more.  So I have taken to labeling jars using thin line masking tape; XN, TN, Xb and Tb. This has greatly cut down on consigning anonymous jars to the trash.

Offline billbyles

• AMA Member
  • Captain
Re: About labeling
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 12:34:08 PM »
On glow plug airplanes, I use clear tautening and non-tautening butyrate.  On diesel airplanes, I use tautening and non-tautening nitrate.  I used to be able to tell butyrate from nitrate by smell, but no more.  So I have taken to labeling jars using thin line masking tape; XN, TN, Xb and Tb. This has greatly cut down on consigning anonymous jars to the trash.

Hi Jim,

I guess that it is just your personal preference but I don't see why you'd bother to use nitrate on your diesel models when butyrate would do the same thing.  You would then not have to bother figuring out whether the dope is nitrate or butyrate.  However, given your experience, I have a feeling that there may be a good reason that I don't see.
Bill Byles
AMA 20913
So. Cal.

Offline Chuck_Smith

• Captain
Re: About labeling
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 02:55:23 PM »
Nitrate makes it easier to get rid of he evidence.  ;D
AMA 76478

Advertise Here
Tags: