Building Tips and technical articles. > Paint and finishing

3M PPS

(1/2) > >>

Howard Rush:
Has anybody used this stuff?  I'm interested in putting a PPS paint cup on a siphon non-HVLP spray gun.  Does the paint cup have to be pressurized? 

Massimo Rimoldi:
No, no intervention is required other than the replacement of the cup and its fitting which must be chosen according to the spray gun you have.
The 3M PPS system (and others like it) was designed to reduce downtime for "color change" in carrefinish applications.
With the PPS system only a small part of the spray gun needs to be washed and if there is any leftover paint it can be stored without further pouring, but these are probably the advantages you have already evaluated ....

Massimo

Massimo Rimoldi:

--- Quote from: Howard Rush on May 07, 2021, 12:40:12 AM ---Has anybody used this stuff?  I'm interested in putting a PPS paint cup on a siphon non-HVLP spray gun.  Does the paint cup have to be pressurized?

--- End quote ---

I apologize, but sometimes I lose something with the translation.  PPS was created for gravity guns and also allows you to use the gun upside down without pressurizing the cup.  In the same way you can also use it with the siphon spray gun.

Massimo

Alan Resinger:
I have been using the DeVilbis Dekups system for the last 4 or 5 years which is similar and love it.  All the different colors for a model are mixed and sit in the bench, each color has a flexible plastic cup that is capped and sealed with a plastic plug.  Attach to gun, with gun inverted, pull triger until cup collapses and paint gets to nozzle.   Paint away even i inverted position if needed.  When finished, remove air line, invert gun and pull trigger to let in air to paint cup, remove cup, cap and store.  Reattach air line and clean gun using siphon bottle with thinner to clean gun.  Change color cup and spray away. 

Dan McEntee:
  WOW !! What will they think of next? Is this on the full size guns or do they have this for the small touch up guns? I haven't sprayed anything in a long time but hope to change that in the near future. I have a couple of good auto paint supply houses near me and may have to go check this out.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version