Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3M PPS  (Read 1017 times)

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
3M PPS
« on: May 07, 2021, 12:40:12 AM »
Has anybody used this stuff?  I'm interested in putting a PPS paint cup on a siphon non-HVLP spray gun.  Does the paint cup have to be pressurized? 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Massimo Rimoldi

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
Re: 3M PPS
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 03:58:59 AM »
No, no intervention is required other than the replacement of the cup and its fitting which must be chosen according to the spray gun you have.
The 3M PPS system (and others like it) was designed to reduce downtime for "color change" in carrefinish applications.
With the PPS system only a small part of the spray gun needs to be washed and if there is any leftover paint it can be stored without further pouring, but these are probably the advantages you have already evaluated ....

Massimo

Offline Massimo Rimoldi

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 05:26:27 AM »
Has anybody used this stuff?  I'm interested in putting a PPS paint cup on a siphon non-HVLP spray gun.  Does the paint cup have to be pressurized?

I apologize, but sometimes I lose something with the translation.  PPS was created for gravity guns and also allows you to use the gun upside down without pressurizing the cup.  In the same way you can also use it with the siphon spray gun.

Massimo

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 06:55:31 AM »
I have been using the DeVilbis Dekups system for the last 4 or 5 years which is similar and love it.  All the different colors for a model are mixed and sit in the bench, each color has a flexible plastic cup that is capped and sealed with a plastic plug.  Attach to gun, with gun inverted, pull triger until cup collapses and paint gets to nozzle.   Paint away even i inverted position if needed.  When finished, remove air line, invert gun and pull trigger to let in air to paint cup, remove cup, cap and store.  Reattach air line and clean gun using siphon bottle with thinner to clean gun.  Change color cup and spray away. 

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 08:05:14 AM »
  WOW !! What will they think of next? Is this on the full size guns or do they have this for the small touch up guns? I haven't sprayed anything in a long time but hope to change that in the near future. I have a couple of good auto paint supply houses near me and may have to go check this out.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 08:55:33 AM »
I have been using the DeVilbis Dekups system for the last 4 or 5 years which is similar and love it.  All the different colors for a model are mixed and sit in the bench, each color has a flexible plastic cup that is capped and sealed with a plastic plug.  Attach to gun, with gun inverted, pull triger until cup collapses and paint gets to nozzle.   Paint away even i inverted position if needed.  When finished, remove air line, invert gun and pull trigger to let in air to paint cup, remove cup, cap and store.  Reattach air line and clean gun using siphon bottle with thinner to clean gun.  Change color cup and spray away.

Yea well, times have really changed that's for sure.

But I gotta tell ya, for the "few" individuals, yea I know "few," is it few, in fact it's less than a few who would elect to use professional spray equipment.

With 4500 members and what? 50 to 100 guys using this kind of equipment and spending the money for canned auto paint? It's a few.

So, for the 4400 other members in the Forum, who BTW seem to be silent, and aren't interested in going down that road, you would be surprised the results you can get using aerosol cans.

So easy and simple, nothing to shelf, just toss the can and the stuff is cheap, really cheap.

Even the fuel proof 2 part clear is available in aerosol cans.

I'll help anyone with questions who's considering using aerosol cans for their finishes.

Even front and second row finishes are possible. True!

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here