News:

• April 27, 2024, 09:53:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Masks" Applications, easy as pie!  (Read 621 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
"Masks" Applications, easy as pie!
« on: December 28, 2011, 11:58:31 AM »
"Masks" Applications, easy as pie!

Certainly I know how easy it is to apply paint masks, I should, because I did airbrush for a living! Well, one of the things.

But for someone who may have never applied paint masks, there could be questions, even apprehensions.

So, here's an example of a three layered mask.

I call this Rondel, the "Star n Dot."

There's a few ways to paint this using masks, but one, or this way, is to apply and paint the blue field first, this would be the large circle.

Placement? Easy, because this material can be applied wet, and slid around until you have it in the correct spot.

Spray foam window cleaner can be used. And you don't need much, apply lightly.

OK, so you peeled the mask off the "backing paper," sprayed both the sticky side of the "mask" and the surface where it will be applied.

Yes, I know, for experienced individuals, the wet part may not be necessary.

When it's where you want it, you could draw lines or use masking tape as a guide, squeegee the mask down removing the liquid behind it.

Bubbles? sure, you may have a few or a bunch. Doesn't matter because only the "edge" has to be stuck in place. This would be where the paint line is.

Fine, you have the large circle in place, now you can remove the "transfer" paper. That would be the tissue like paper that covers the mask material. The transfer paper comes in handy for words or complicated graphics. Holds all the pieces together.

Now, paint the blue! Done with the blue!

Second mask is applied the same way. "Register?" Each mask is the same size, simply align the four corners for alignment. Nothing hard about that.

In this case the "star" is next. Followed by the "dot."

When all is dry, said and done, remove the layers of mask.

BAM! How nice can that be? Easy as pie.

Visit CFC Graphics Vender's corner, I'll answer all questions there or you could create a Thread with your question.

This Star n Dot set is for a CL model and a member. It will be mailed today!

I'm sure there will be photos of the completed model.

I can't wait!

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here