News:

• March 29, 2024, 04:25:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: World shortage of silkspan ended - Frank D nominated for "Hero of the Reich"  (Read 26587 times)

Offline Terry Caron

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral

I don't get it......I'll just wait for Jim's report

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.
If it looks like silkspan, and covers like silkspan, it's silkspan
00, GM and SGM were the designations for original light, medium and heavy silkspan.
NACA member, Huntsville, AL
AMA 249824
NRA Life Member

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral

I don't get it......I'll just wait for Jim's report

It a well-known expression.  If something shows all the characteristics of a particular thing, it's probably exactly what it seems like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test

Brett

Offline jim welch

• Commander
Sorry Tom just goofing around with words...I have SIG and K&S silkspan of all grades here to make a comparison of  O OO OOO GM SGM all weight and thickness standards used for the product for years by all the suppliers.in this case the GM and OO seemed close to this stuff doped with 2 coats.This is the Amazon stuff described in this thread  171004-img 25 inch x 125 ft per roll...12 rolls per case crepe  29.00 delivered. Wayne I'll charge my camera tomorrow and post pictures.I got plenty if anyone wants to try it let me know.
jim
AMA 89335

Offline Jim Svitko

• Captain
Who, besides Sig, Peck and Brodak, sell "silkspan" these days and are any of them good substitutes for the old stuff?

Easy Built Models has silkspan.  More expensive than the paper being discussed in this thread but from what I can see, it is silkspan, not some lousy substitute.  I use it only to cover bare wood since I use other materials if covering open bays.

Offline Terry Caron

• Admiral
Thanks, Jim.
AMA 249824
NRA Life Member

Offline Dave Harmon

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Tulsa Glue Dobbers C/L and R/C Clubs
Easy Built Models has silkspan.  More expensive than the paper being discussed in this thread but from what I can see, it is silkspan, not some lousy substitute.  I use it only to cover bare wood since I use other materials if covering open bays.

I have some of the EBM silkspan and it is very light....just a little heavier than Jap tissue.
Good for 1/2A Snapper and covering sheeting.

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
Sorry Tom just goofing around with words...I have SIG and K&S silkspan of all grades here to make a comparison of  O OO OOO GM SGM all weight and thickness standards used for the product for years by all the suppliers.in this case the GM and OO seemed close to this stuff doped with 2 coats.This is the Amazon stuff described in this thread  171004-img 25 inch x 125 ft per roll...12 rolls per case crepe  29.00 delivered. Wayne I'll charge my camera tomorrow and post pictures.I got plenty if anyone wants to try it let me know.
jim

Jim Welch I would love to try it......I have two planes ready to cover......could i try it?  I will PM YOU
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
So, at last night's NVCL meeting Frank D., of illustrious fame, brought an example of the paper applied to his latest build.  One of the attached pictures shows his stab papered with one coat of dope, the other is of a section of the profile fuselage with the paper applied.

Quack, quack,quack!

Would someone please post the application papers for the "Hero of the Reich" nomination?  I want to get it filled out so we can award it at the Pilot's Meeting at the Nats (that's the proper venue, right?)

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
So, at last night's NVCL meeting Frank D., of illustrious fame, brought an example of the paper applied to his latest build.  One of the attached pictures shows his stab papered with one coat of dope, the other is of a section of the profile fuselage with the paper applied.

Quack, quack,quack!

Would someone please post the application papers for the "Hero of the Reich" nomination?  I want to get it filled out so we can award it at the Pilot's Meeting at the Nats (that's the proper venue, right?)

It looks GREAT!!!!!   COOL.   I would contact the district director that he is in and go from there .......ask him about the nomination process
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
I dunno. I'm torn...  LL~ LL~ LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
   What about setting weight on open bays to see how much it takes till it tears verses regular medium silkspan ? Testing the strength ?
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
jim

Jim, Which way does the grain run, lengthwise or across the roll? I'm interested in a roll but I don't want a whole box of them!

Jerry

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant

Jim, Which way does the grain run, lengthwise or across the roll? I'm interested in a roll but I don't want a whole box of them!

Jerry

GOOD QUESTION
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline Terry Caron

• Admiral
For those who may have never dealt with silkspan or, like me, could use a refresher on covering with silkspan, this series of 6 videos gives a useful overview.
http://www.airplanesandrockets.com/resources/silkspan-dope-covering-tutorial.htm
AMA 249824
NRA Life Member

Offline jim welch

• Commander
Hey Tom I got your pm figuring how to wrap for shipment will let you know. Gerald the grain runs length wise.I think the value of this stuff based on cost is about five bucks for the roll ea. plus shipping will add more cost to it.!2 rolls is a lot of paper...got some drying in the shop on another airplane that I can test and not hurt later this pm.I think I can just wrap a piece of cardboard around it and tape the ends to ship and will see what it weighs hopefully cheap to mail.
  jim :D
AMA 89335

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
Tom, no disrespect intended, but you are not getting the 1000 year joke****

****Edited in...as I was typing I guess others schooled Tom...again no disrespect intended!!

Jim W is testing this commercial Staple's exam room paper stuff and seems to be saying-- so far--- he thinks it is similar to GM or OO (original recipe) silk span

A problem we seem to face.... as many think the new Recipe paper has is NOT  "just like" the original Silk span from the 50s~60s in the weights that are preferred ---for a 30 to 60 oz stunt plane...

We are looking for a reliable and repeatable source for a product...that is close or the same as 1950s product in a world where OUR (Or Japan's equivalent) EPA KILLED the original product

My personal only silk span experience, as a teen age builder, was with very very questionable Dope and thinners and what ever paper (silk span) was in the kit...and today.. no way to know what Goldberg, Top Flite included

I took it on face value,  that the current silk span recipe(s) sucked--- so I moved to Mono-Ultra-Econo-Coverite-Kote, or Poly span, or silk..
I have enough Tom M PolyT to build out 15 models--same with SLC...same with yards of Dharma silk and 5 gallons of Randolph dope and thinners...all clear versions

so I do not really have a dog in this hunt

On the other hand... I know from my wife's quilting hobby there are many many cross over materials that many times can be sourced CHEAPER by the yrd/ foot if not packaged and sold for a specific Hobby discipline

Notably my wife can get me the EXACT material Tom Morris has...cheaper...BUT I prefer Tom's product --as it is nice rolled... right width, right top bottom orientation, and NOT insanely over priced LIKE silk can be from airplane hobby sources

"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
  Just PM on how much and how to pay. I thank you.
  The grain rune length wise .....so that is from forward to tail on fuselage the grain runs. On the flap and elevator movable surfaces the grain runs tip to tip or from LE to TE of the flight control surfaces?

Fredvon4.......no offence taking.....My mind was on the info I was reading in serious thought.....ducks thru me....I am not familiar with all the terms. Don't know what GM stands for and there was another but I am writing this.... can't remember what it is with out going back and looking......When I was 11 to 18 years old I doped and silkspan.....back in 1976 to 1984......I bought and I covered and doped......had NO knowledge of what I was doing......
  Since then, I went to the top working as a Aircraft jet technician with more on the side of mechanical, structural part then the electrical part. ......So I understand about the building  part real well with installing and shaping with precision.....
  The finishing.....different story.....almost there ,but not quite.....LOL.....I LOVE to pile paint on up to 16oz's on one plane .....now It is time to get it right and I have learned MUCH......there is a lot of info to learn in our hobby. So far I am on my 3 year getting back and I am pushing my way up to the standards of ya'll...... so I can keep C/L going in the future years to come and pass on the great names of today and pass. Yes I will say things off key......still have catching up to do.....I am always trying new things to see what fits for me. I need to also keep a low budget on planes....don't we all....
   I am getting real close on building and finishing techniques, so I can produce a superb flying ship for competitive events. I will only be using buterate Randaloph  dope (clear),lacquer, color dope or acrylic, clear coat dope or auto for chemicals onto the slikspan. My wings right now have to be poly or greater cause of my flying field.....like SIG Koverall, but it is heavy......Still searching to find out what it weighs per yard . So I hope my finish works with that.I am still in level beginner....since i have the building quality....now time to concentrate on flying. Now ya know me a little bit and ya know where I am standing......
  I am interested in the quilt shop thing though.....we have one here local......what do I ask for?

Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline Terry Caron

• Admiral
Tom and others, this is the most comprehensive covering material weight chart I've found:
https://www.homefly.com/reference/Covering%20Weights.htm

Yes, apply any "grained" covering material on long axis of surfaces.
Pellon is one of the alternate heat-shrinkable materials available at fabric shops.
AMA 249824
NRA Life Member

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
Tom.. Personal opinion

Don't git too wrapped up with trying hard to desperately BEAT the current price of real good products we already have IN very good form factors

Unless you are trying to do model airplane hobby on an ever shrinking SSA check only source of income...and if this is the case... well I am sorry, future politics say you are indeed screwed

Yes some commercial skirt lining in 36" to 108" by the yard at JoAnn's can be modestly cheaper than the same 14" x 25'; roll from Tom Morris...BUT Toms stuff already is set good side up...IMPORTANT.... and had no  creases..Important

His per sq foot price is NOT too far above the per yard cost at JoAnn's so NO compelling reason to cut the cost corner

The same idea is NOT true with Habotori (CHINA) Silk...  almost all hobby aircraft sources are 3 to 5 times the per yard cost of Dharma Trading for 5MM or 8MM white un sized good silk

Same in my mind with plastic shrink covers... the higher end stuff is worth the extra cost

I tried econo Kote and Hobby King crap to cut cost... the extra cost of Ultra Kote is money actually saved

The bigger cost is usually the Dope

I started with Sig Dope, others with Brodak...both great products....great bottle sizes for typical 1/2a building and covering...

BUT for a Ring master,  SkyRay, Flite Streak, Twister, Nobler ---or any bigger stunt ship.....a lot of clear and thinner demands a trip to a Big city Aircraft specialty company for $48 per gallon of Taut and NON Taut clear dope and same brand thinner

Trip to Dallas cost me $250...  for 2 gallons of Butyrate dope and 3 gallons of thinner...and I use Ace, Wally World, Napa, Lowe's el Chepo Lacquer thinner exclusively for brush and gun cleaning

The same volume from Sig/Brodak would be over $500 easy

Happy shopping...the exam paper crepe is interesting to me BUT Larry Renger's idea of no dope* poly and SLC is damned good light weight and strong method that can also be painted easily

* Modge Podge or white thinned glue works for the poly span...the over lapped SLC is VERY fuel proof and very printable

Just  modest opinion from very frugal Phred

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
Ty not to contradict you, as I am very recently new to my coming back to the hobby.

I got the impression, over time, that the product IT self (silk-span)---WAS NOT a carcinogenic but the PROCESS to make the original formula was ----beaus of the chemicals used to bind silk fibers into paper fibers...

But your note is true from my meager research on line---- in that --- the products we were used to ---died due to EPA rules...

Caution...!!!.. Pansies !!!! Move to the next post or thread--- the below will @#$% you off..

MY  Shamless, zero apology, political statement...the EPA is NOT an elected body and WE have NO oversite of these ass holes... OK--- a very nasty opinion

I fully abdicate to forced removal of any and all current national government officials and the immediate implementation of a term limit that INCLUDES a review of all Career appointees and so called permanent government employees

yes we need cogent health standards ...but they must absolutely be based on Sound science and NOT political or Corporate whims

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline jim welch

• Commander
Wayne...here's some pictures ....xcaliber  in the rough (2 full strength coats) 4 (50x50 thinned coats) stuff is pretty tough I'm pleased....toothpick 8-9 coats buterate I coat extreme poly urethane forced dried all day in front of heater. 24 degrees last night here.fred the voodoo is a 1967 antique with the P45 jas from joann fabrics with 5 coats of buterate.I bought 43 yardsw from joann for $9.78 cause it was ruffled up a bit on the roll and  rerolled it at home .Both of these products make my day because I'm building 23 combat planes some 3 at a time so cost is a factor all the way. I'm cutting my own balsa from 2x4 x 5 foot solid boards all the way through.Cutting rib pattern 2 inches thick solid balsa and slicing off like cheese on my band saw 20 to thirty at a time.leading edges spars and planking also hot gluing to a block and making planking run through my wood planer.A friend gave me a 4 ft pile of balsa planks 2x4 and 2x6 5 ft long free.With bulk lead out wire and bulk 3 inch belcranks and control horns, these coverings and home made rock maple mounts my cost per combat plane is about $5.67 cent per airplane.I've got 17 built and many to go.jim
AMA 89335

Offline jim welch

• Commander
moe
AMA 89335

Offline jim welch

• Commander
Sorry big photos  jim
AMA 89335

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
Just for info: O refers to "O" gauge or scale model railroading, "OO" was originally a Brit designation for what is now "HO" or half O and "OOO" became N scale.

OO is light silk span, GM is for Gas Models and SGM is for small gas models.  I believe this designation came about in the late 1930's.

Is was discovered some where, I believe Japan,  that silk span tended to be a carcinogen, thus tea bags were no longer being made from it. Being the largest user, the stuff was no longer made.FWIW  D>K

Good info....thank you Ty Marucci
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
Wayne...here's some pictures ....xcaliber  in the rough (2 full strength coats) 4 (50x50 thinned coats) stuff is pretty tough I'm pleased....toothpick 8-9 coats buterate I coat extreme poly urethane forced dried all day in front of heater. 24 degrees last night here.fred the voodoo is a 1967 antique with the P45 jas from joann fabrics with 5 coats of buterate.I bought 43 yardsw from joann for $9.78 cause it was ruffled up a bit on the roll and  rerolled it at home .Both of these products make my day because I'm building 23 combat planes some 3 at a time so cost is a factor all the way. I'm cutting my own balsa from 2x4 x 5 foot solid boards all the way through.Cutting rib pattern 2 inches thick solid balsa and slicing off like cheese on my band saw 20 to thirty at a time.leading edges spars and planking also hot gluing to a block and making planking run through my wood planer.A friend gave me a 4 ft pile of balsa planks 2x4 and 2x6 5 ft long free.With bulk lead out wire and bulk 3 inch belcranks and control horns, these coverings and home made rock maple mounts my cost per combat plane is about $5.67 cent per airplane.I've got 17 built and many to go.jim

I have plans to build one stunt ship a month starting next October thru March of 2018. Have two I built and I have three to finish right now. I am like you in being cost effective for the commitment  I have set for myself. I need my stock built up and with me shopping local at wally world, mennards, lowes, tractor supply, JoAnn fabrics,ect....ect...These places are on my way when I go grocery shopping......There are products out there that are just as good and can get at least 17 pointer on Appearance judging or maybe pilot choice award........And yes COST IS A FACTOR that has to be figured in.....and.... CONVENIENCE
      Looks good.....your tip there you can splice out and blend it in with out knowing it was there. It sorta looks brittle on the tip.....maybe it is the picture.....anyways got some coming. I will be using immediatly.
     Thank you for all the work ya have been doing for all of us..........I plan to in a few years hoping to be teaching kids about airplanes......getting stuff like this is priceless
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline John Jordan

• Balsadust
  • 24 supporter
  • Lieutenant

Just a thought Have you tried putting it on wet . I always thought you wet the tisssue then put that on the framework and then doped around the edges while working out the wrinkles.
John Jordan    ama # 5939

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
       I got my "sample" from TIDI today, part # 916213SMP, Premium Crepe, 21"X125'. It looks tome like the real deal, feels like it also.when it is soaked with water, it has decent strength. I'm thinking it's like the small gas model stuff. I will try to see if the factory will send me small samples of the other part numbers to see what they are like. For large models, I would like to see it a bit heavier, but it looks like what typically came with .35 size model kits back in the day. The grain runs length wise, according to the "tear test."  Judging from what I'm seeing in my hands and what others have posted after using it, I think it's good stuff! Besides sending me a whole roll of it, it was packed in a box with about 40 feet or so of the same stuff wadded up, along with a like wise length of some lighter stuff that was shiny on one side, like regular tissue. I got a few small projects getting along so it all will get tried out!
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
John, When I was using silk and silk span I would lay the material om the area I was going to cover after cutting to size.   Using spray bottle to moisten the material and keeping it handy in case material started drying too fast.   Remember also that when it dries and shrinks up tight it will look white until you put more coats of dope on. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline jim welch

• Commander
My choice of pictures wasn't the best on the x-c but that dope was wet in that picture and the tip tightened up upon drying a while. Silkspan goes loose when wet until the coat dries out some.John I deliberately just put the paper on dry and doped the edge for the real test of how much it would shrink after wetting.I didn't try very hard to get it tight dry for that purpose. Yes you are right I would normally put it on wet and dope while pulling out the wrinkles. I normally put the tips on in a separate piece to get them right also wet but this was playing with the stuff to see what I could do or not do and still get it fairly tight. Wet the stuff is very strong and not a problem to work out some flaws. the toothpick is like a bongo ...it was put on wet and stretched out tight with lots of dope and poly on top. Looks a lot like the other ducks around here! Thanks Ty for the heads up on silkspan history the boxes are old here but I think I got it close anyway.  
Jim
AMA 89335

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Wet strength is the hallmark of correct silkspan and the various heavy tissue things currrently claimed as "silkspan" fall apart easily in water.

Brett

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
Jim Welch

Where are you located?

Woodbridge VA here.

I see you fly oneof Dickys combat ships

Carl
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline jim welch

• Commander
Hey Carl...Portsmouth Va. Norfolk aeromodelers for a very long time.Flew combat for years from 1958 on and known and flown him for a long time.
Jim
AMA 89335

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Wet strength is the hallmark of correct silkspan and the various heavy tissue things currrently claimed as "silkspan" fall apart easily in water.

Brett

I took a piece about 10" by 21" and soaked it under the water faucet, then "handled" it. It folded back against itself, got stuck was able to peel it apart, turn it end for end, you know, just handled it like I was preparing to cover a wing, and it didn't come apart or even tear. It's the middle weight stuff I think, and if you wanted a more tough covering just double layer it after 3 or 4 coats of dope on the first layer, then finish normally. I'm convinced it's good stuff, and will see if they can send me samples of stuff that is lighter and heavier than this. I'll probably test cover a little .15 job I have and a Shark .15 rebuild I hope to get to to really test it, but I think it's great.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
I am going to digress for a moment and say that I have for years been using a light grade of SS to cover foam wings. Most of this is done on  many of the Navy Carrier planes I built for my self, and is part of the instruction sheet for 200 Carrier kits I produced several years ago.  
I use any of the  popular white or yellow glues and I put the silk span on the wing, with a 50-50 amount of brushed on glue. After drying I then give the wings two or more coats and let dry again. So far, and in two cases planes I built more than 10 years ago are still being flown and there is no leakage of fuel.  I am now going to order some of the 'crepe" type of paper from Staples and may make some of it available to my friends. So, if any of you reading this missive give it a thought or two about using this newly found SS for your foam needs.
Joe..
The model with the red headed engine took 4th place @ Brodak's in 2011 in Sportsman Carrier. And is still flying with no sepage of raw or spent fuel.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:21:31 PM by JoeJust »
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
"Ducks":

He is saying it is just like K&S silkspan, but GM weight not 00 weight.
MAAC 8177

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Was finishing the sanding on the stab/elevator for my next fun airplane and since I had gotten some of the stuff Terry Caron had obtained I decided to see if I had forgot how to do silk span.  Yes I know it is not much different than poly-span(t).  The old tear test tells which way the grain is running.  Anyway it took more patience to get it from a folded state onto a roll.  I used the Hod Podge adhesive on the surfaces.  Cut the material to size and got out the Monokote irons.  My main iron is headed for the trash as it would not heat.  Guess they're only good for so many planes.  I learned real quick not to get this material too wet.  Using spray bottle just enough moisture so I can tack it down.  I lay the material in place then spray.  Working the iron around the perimeter I got it all smoothed out and adhered.  Next will be putting the mylar on.  Will have more pics when it is done.  Big thing is no dope odors and I think my pups like that. H^^

By the way, while handling the stab/elevator, I made some indentations.   Passed the iron over them and they came right out.  Was easy getting it around the tips also. #^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Steve Schoenecker

• Ensign
Somebody should buy some and sell by the roll
AMA 69021

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
I got my 12 rolls last week but have yet found time to use it. When I'm satisfied I may offer some at cost+ and plus for shipping. shipping.
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline Steve Lotz

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
If you find it works as advertised I'd be interested in some. I wouldn't live long enough to use a whole case.

Steve

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
I guess my doctor does not use the same stuff all of you are talking about.  I just had a Doctor appointment and the stuff covering the table I would not even begin to try and cover a wing with.  Must be different than what you guys are talking about.  I tore a piece off and brought it home and compared it to the silkspan I have here and not even close. 

Mike

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Well I know the stuff Terry sent me does not look any thing what my doctor uses.   I know he said I sent too much money, $5.00 and I have enough to do several dozen planes and not worry running out.  I've already suggested he go into business selling it at Ebay prices. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Terry Caron

• Admiral
Fellows, after our NACA members got what they wanted, and keeping a couple myself, I have 4 extra rolls (125'x24").
Problem is shipping - my cost for a roll is $2.25, USPS tubes are free (I ordered some in case) but Priority Mail to (e.g.) CA is ~ $12.
So 1 roll would cost about 1/2 what I paid for a case of 12 with free shipping.
But of anyone is interested, I'll "he'p y'out", first come, first served - PM.  ;D
AMA 249824
NRA Life Member

Offline George Truett

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Terry, you're not by chance going to the Perry swap meet are you?

Offline Terry Caron

• Admiral
EDIT:
Sorry, George, thinking of another local swapper.
So no.
AMA 249824
NRA Life Member

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
... but Priority Mail to (e.g.) CA is ~ $12.
So 1 roll would cost about 1/2 what I paid for a case of 12 with free shipping.
But of anyone is interested, I'll "he'p y'out", first come, first served - PM.  ;D

There's no alternative mailing method? It seems I sent a rolled plan to a guy in Canada last year for less then that.
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline jim welch

• Commander
This paper weighs the same as 64 sets of plans does to mail......cost  me 9.78 to send  a roll to Avon Ill last week. looks as if as I just told someone else that its a better idea to order the 12 rolls for 29.00 with free shipping by amazon and share it with those around you rather than spending a bunch on postage. I have given some to 7 different flyers from my area and mailed a few out of state. It's definitely worth the money and effort. Covered a shark with it the other day and it looks great.Couple combat planes and my new brodak cub also.
Jim #^
AMA 89335

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
So in the end what is the correct information for ordering a case and from where?
Thanks
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline jim welch

• Commander
Wayne I ordered based on Dave Siegler's post # 5 in this thread shipped from AMazon....
29.00 freight free...
Jim
AMA 89335

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Look at Carl Cisneros' post #6.  That info is directly from our Hero of the Reich Award winner Frank D.

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Thanks, looking to pass on to club for stunt fliers.
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Advertise Here
Tags: sample 

Advertise Here