News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:40:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windy Dvd's  (Read 3244 times)

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Windy Dvd's
« on: January 31, 2021, 05:14:56 PM »
Could the person that had the Windy DVD's for sale a while back please PM me? I lost your contact info. Thanks.

Offline Steve Berry

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Windy Dvd's
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 06:44:40 PM »
I don't have any of them, but I sure would like some copies.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 06:49:41 PM »
I don't have any of them, but I sure would like some copies.

every Windy video can be found here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC72HkjIpjnIwN0m-AS3y1ng

or here https://www.youtube.com/user/rootbeard
AMA 12366

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 01:30:35 AM »
every Windy video can be found here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC72HkjIpjnIwN0m-AS3y1ng

or here https://www.youtube.com/user/rootbeard
Every video? Please send me the link for the entire Tsunami build. I couldn't find it. Thanks! 😁

Offline Steve Berry

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 06:17:47 AM »
I've subscribed to both a long time ago. Unfortunately, neither has all his dvds. I started watching with the Tribute build and have watched through the build of his Big Job, but only through clear coats, no buffing. Thats about where the tapes/dvds end, around 951 or so.

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 06:20:43 AM »
Started watching the Nobler build would like to find the rest. Yes I'm 61 flying since I was 12 and never built a Nobler...lol
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 08:13:05 AM by Dwayne Donnelly »
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 10:14:02 PM »
" Every video? Please send me the link for the entire Tsunami build. I couldn't find it. Thanks! 😁 "

Now Look, Kevin. Your just being awkward !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  VD~ S?P

============================================================

Maybe someone should try and compile a list of holders of the originals , maybe set up a repository / List or somesuch . The ' Library ' section .

================================================================================================

Usually I just skim thruthem . Fast Forwarding & rewinding . I finally found footage of the renowned " Flushing Meadow " Field . So famous its now used for international tennis .
Seeing the personalities , planes , and flying, from a ' missing era ' of my aeromodelling is intresting, as ' we forigners ' were only ever outside observers really , through Flying Models, Aeromodellor ,
Model Aircraft News etc etc . Tho a few clubs in N Z got overseas newsletters in exchange & form inter club in N Z . There were only a few of the International Jetset in N Z . on the Comp. Field .
Primarilly Paul Lagan . though he flew mainly Free Flight at the Internationals . Often N Z entries were ' by proxy ' i.e. a forigner or Brit was the operator of a N Z Built & Trimmed machine .  :P

o.k. From a history perspective of the 90s U. S. / Neu York shenanagans - these tapes are a record of an era , to a degree .

Observing theoverseas comps / entrants in W/C's the Strega / Patternmaster / Spitfire obviously got significant numbers of flyers up & running . The G M flying devision . Even if we dont all agree with all the
comentary and interplay , it would seem that it would be worth preserving as much as possable  .

Maybe there should be a donor / repository - > M A A Museum / Library THING set up . ???????????

Juast look at the V.W. , over 20.000.000. even if they were a nasty little beetle .  S?P Any thoughts on co-ordnateing something there .  H^^

Offline Steve Berry

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 09:49:23 AM »
Started watching the Nobler build would like to find the rest. Yes I'm 61 flying since I was 12 and never built a Nobler...lol
Are the Nobler videos on YouTube somewhere? I'd like to see his take on that classic.

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 11:06:24 AM »
Steve, there are not any Nobler videos online. All the Nobler videos are sitting in someone's  basement.

Offline Steve Berry

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 11:14:04 AM »
That's a real shame. I love having his videos going in the background. Some of techniques are a little overkill, but the results are undisputed.

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 09:16:48 AM »
Steve, there are not any Nobler videos online. All the Nobler videos are sitting in someone's  basement.

I don’t have a Basement

Offline Steve Berry

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2021, 10:11:57 AM »
Is that a subtle way of saying you have them? If so, can you possibly convert and upload them?

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2021, 06:57:39 PM »
I don’t have a Basement

Have a look in the attic, then .  ;D

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2021, 07:03:04 PM »
Guys here is the deal.
I took a butt load of my time to upload all the DVDs that Windy had saved.
For some dumb ass reason YouTube decided to flag some of the videos because there was music in the background. Almost all his videos has music in them. No way to edit it out without a hell of a lot more editing time then I had or the equipment needed. This was me buying some DVD ripping software or taking boxes of VHS tapes and killing two VCR’s. So the missing YouTube videos are the ones that were flagged. Nothing I or Windy can do about.
One good thing is every model he built he showed what he did or how he learned and improved on it. So just because a video is missing from a set you can watch other videos to see how he did it. And another reason why the videos are between my two channels is because YouTube suspended my first channel because of the copyrighted videos for a few weeks.
Edited :
All videos are uploaded that will be uploaded.
Thanks to Windy for sharing.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:30:10 PM by Paul Taylor »
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Robert Whitley

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2021, 11:03:15 PM »
And thanks to you Paul for making these available for us to watch and learn from.
They were and are a real inspiration for me returning to the hobby.

If you are ever inclined to make copies available to purchase I would definitely be interested.

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 12:14:09 AM »
Paul, we all appreciate the time you spent uploading the videos. I will add to the Library as soon as I get my Video Capture device.

Offline Leonard Bourel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2021, 07:17:57 AM »
Hey Guys
I also have a number of Windy DVDS that he gave me personally when I saw him in2016. They are out on loan to a friend right now Possibly we can try to upload them as well but I am sure we will have the same problem as manyof them have music playing in the background as well. I have probably around 100 DVDS but that is just a splash in the bucket of all the DVDs he made but it would be good if we could somehow put a library of his DVDs together but we would need someone to coordinate and that would be a lot of work and we would all have to send in what we have as I am sure Windy Videos and DVDs are all over the place. I dont know if anyone is up for such a monumental task.I unfortunately am not that guy I am not techno savvy with computers ETC and would not know where to begin.

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 07:58:13 AM »
Thanks guys

Another expensive part is shipping boxes of media. Both Windy and I paid that cost. He would ship me a box, I would upload and ship back. Windy said when he lent them out he never got them back.

Some guy wanted to make his own copies and asked me to ship him a box. He asked Windy to approve and Windy gave me the green light with the stipulation the guy would ship back to Windy. To this day I don’t think Windy got them back. So they are scattered.
I think the best place for them is YouTube. It’s free to all. Ripping a DVD is very simple, just time consuming.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 03:47:57 PM »
Hey Guys
I also have a number of Windy DVDS that he gave me personally when I saw him in2016. They are out on loan to a friend right now Possibly we can try to upload them as well but I am sure we will have the same problem as manyof them have music playing in the background as well. I have probably around 100 DVDS but that is just a splash in the bucket of all the DVDs he made but it would be good if we could somehow put a library of his DVDs together but we would need someone to coordinate and that would be a lot of work and we would all have to send in what we have as I am sure Windy Videos and DVDs are all over the place. I dont know if anyone is up for such a monumental task.I unfortunately am not that guy I am not techno savvy with computers ETC and would not know where to begin.
  I am willing to do it. Kevin
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 11:42:27 AM by kevin king »

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 07:54:01 PM »
If someone trips over the tape he supplied with the G 51 , would they let me know. p.m. , Just out of intrest.. To see how they went on it.

Was a ' cut ' with Big Jim a 50 gallon drum on U tube , ' testing G 51 ' that was cut due to the music !  :P

Oner could always scratch some of the tunes out . Or SING ALONG over it !  VD~ should cover the copyright .  ;) H^^

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2021, 03:50:01 AM »
Air Ministry, that was me that uploaded the 'Big Jim Greenaway testing the ST 51 video. Big Jim was sitting on the 55 gallon drum. And the infamous Steve Buso interview. I converted over  200 VHS control line videos and uploaded them to You Tube. Unfortunately I accidently DELETED that channel when Google bought YouTube. HB~> I had around 40 windy videos but gave them away when I left the hobby, and it's hard to ask for something back once you give it away. Ps, It was not "cut" by YouTube because of music copyright infringment.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 05:16:25 AM by kevin king »

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2021, 04:13:26 AM »
More on Copyright infringment. Google buying YouTube was the worst thing that could have happened to YouTube, However there are ways around our videos being flagged, Unless the 'FAIR USE' laws have changed. Google will sometimes flag videos with unintentional music in the background. Our control line videos are not stealing and  uploading music for profit,  so this can be successfully disputed. That's why some of our videos got taken down. PS, I am waiting for my Video Capture Device to arrive so I will upload the few videos I have. So be patient and stay tuned mate.😁
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 05:22:00 AM by kevin king »

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2021, 08:05:04 AM »
Kevin,

Robert, aka Sparky, also has building and finishing videos on line.

His work is excellent and more updated.

just a thought and suggestion.

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 09:02:23 AM »
I've been fishing around Windy's Tutorial videos on painting designs, making stencils, and backmasking. I wish there was an index covering various topics and what videos they can be found in. What a master he was.

Steve

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2021, 10:05:14 AM »
Charles, I am aware of Sparky's YouTube channel and I am a  subscriber and supporter of Sparky. His contributions to the hobby are huge. Thank you Sparky!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2021, 09:24:58 PM »
 I converted over  200 VHS control line videos and uploaded them to You Tube.

pity you havnt got them in a electronic drive thing somewhere . ?

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2021, 06:26:21 AM »
AM,
What key word (s) did you include when you uploaded the videos? This would help locate them in a YouTube search.

I think Windy has an index of all his videos and that would be great if someone in NJ could get a copy and post it.

Best,    DennisT

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2021, 06:41:24 AM »
I had the 6 tape set of Windy's Nobler build.  Loaned it to someone in the club and have never seen it since.

If anyone does any editing of Windy's videos, please edit out the sanding!  Once you do that, the videos are much shorter!  Seriously!

There is a lot of great content but I was always on FastForward to skip the sanding episodes.

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2021, 10:52:13 AM »
I think Windy has an index of all his videos and that would be great if someone in NJ could get a copy and post it.

Dennis, That would be a great resource, I wonder if some of his closest buddies from that era would know where the index is?

Steve

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2021, 09:25:56 AM »
Air Ministry, Today I found the Big Jim ST51 footage you were looking for. It was still on a Hi8 video tape. I am uploading it to the Walt Brownell channel, because it's my goal to have every Windy tape that exists on it. The footage on the ST51 TAPE is among my favorites. The clip of Jose Modesto flying Dave Midgley's Cardinal at Flushing Meadows are awesome. Windy's videography skills on that flight shine! I love it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 10:45:22 PM by kevin king »

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2021, 09:38:06 AM »
Air Ministry, Today I found the Big Jim ST51 footage you were looking for. It was still on a Hi8 video tape. I am uploading it to the Walt Brownell channel, because it's my goal to have every Windy tape that exists on it. The footage on the ST51 TAPE is among my favorites. The clip of Josie Modesto flying Dave Midgley's Cardinal at Flushing Meadows are awesome. Windy's videography skills and commentary on that flight shine! I love it.

I would like to see that one also. The ST.51 has been my weapon of choice for years. I don't think I ever saw that one. I'm not a huge video fan, never really had the spare time to just sit and watch something, but now that retirement is here, I think I can squeeze some into my busy schedule! Let us know when it has been uploaded.
    Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2021, 10:16:38 AM »
Dan, congratulations on your retirement. The video will be up in an hour or 2. 🎬🎦🎥🎞️📽️ ENJOY.

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2021, 10:20:31 AM »
Ignore the introduction at the beginning of the tape. That was done by a coworker of mine. Do check out the lowest square 8 pullout ever recorded on Vic Macaluso's flight of his Crusader. .
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 09:29:33 PM by kevin king »

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2021, 02:04:14 AM »
Dwayne, I now have the complete 8 tape set of the 1987 Nobler build. I will be uploading them all to YouTube soon.  Thanks to Paul Gittel who contributed this historic set of videos to the project. Kevin King.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 11:48:10 AM by kevin king »

Online gene poremba

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2021, 04:18:58 PM »

Hey, im right there with you at 63, and never built a nobler myself. Been building myself since i was around 9 or 10. Every time i watch a Windy tape i learn something new. Thanks for doing what you are to save these tapes for the rest of us......Gene

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2021, 04:35:39 PM »
Awesome thank you.  ~> #^
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline jose modesto

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2021, 07:38:52 PM »
Wow. Thank you for posting this video. Great memories
28 plus’s years.
Currently building the model I flew in the contest  for N30.
Plane Built in 91
That plane lives is in the cellar ready to fly with Big Jim ST60

Jose modesto

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2021, 08:56:15 AM »
I assume this was filmed at the Flushing Meadows flying site?  One year back then Panama Paul and I entered a contest there.  Big Jim was holding forth over by the fence surrounded by his "disciples".  While the contest was running, the "shlockers" (what Windy called them) were on an adjacent circle flying saber dances with their Ringmasters.  And after the contest Windy invited anyone who wanted to to fly one of his piped ships.  He even let me!  It about pulled my arm out of its socket!  But it flew in laser straight lines and turned with no bounce.  That night a bunch of us stayed at his place sleeping on the floor and all over the place.  We had quite a time!

Windy was quite the character and I wish he would dust off his building board and build something.  His building skills were pretty much unequalled.

Offline Steve Berry

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2021, 09:21:19 AM »

Windy was quite the character and I wish he would dust off his building board and build something.  His building skills were pretty much unequalled.

From what I've been able to gather, he's building up something much more important - his grandson. Would be great if he came back (again), but the man has his priorities in order, and I applauding for that.  Meanwhile, we have thousands of hours of videos to watch & rewatch.

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2021, 12:06:22 PM »
Update. In the last 4 weeks we've converted, uploaded and removed all copyright claims on 48 new videos. We're uploading new ones daily. Here's the link to the channel if you don't have it. https://youtube.com/channel/UCQLZOloDrMlE4LDcTwc1wvw  Kevin King.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2021, 08:24:57 PM »
Stirling Effort .  H^^

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2021, 12:33:49 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkbaAZC5hGulEtC0O93jl4g

Tom Luciano  Via the N Z M A A / M F N Z  control line . if its not already here .

hit ' uploads ' if you like Tiger Cats . Or COMBAT .

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2021, 10:10:54 AM »
Yes Windy gave me a large box of DVD's that I'm uploading to you tube on my page. He also gave me is Big Job which was featured in Paul's collection. I will try to upload 1+ a day until I get everything uploaded. Each will be chronicled in its own playlist. I have uploaded two series so far regarding ink lines. one on the Tigercat and the other on one of the spitfires. Please subscribe to help promote our event and let Windy know we appreciate his contributions to our event. He is a Subscriber to my channel and I ask you support his motorcycle channel as well. During the winter months he does a lot of paintwork and there are still some great tips that apply to our modelling. You may see duplicate videos between Paul, Kevin and myself. Windy really doesn't know what he gave out. He said he thought the videos he gave me weren't out there.

Thanks,
Tom
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkbaAZC5hGulEtC0O93jl4g
AMA 13001

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2021, 01:09:16 AM »
Tom I will add a your channel to mine. Keep up the good work! Ps, If you need any help navigating the ins and outs of copyright claims, channel strikes and blocked videos, don't hesitate to ask. Kevin King.  https://youtube.com/channel/UCQLZOloDrMlE4LDcTwc1wvw
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 05:35:41 AM by kevin king »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here