News:

• April 24, 2024, 04:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why am I letting a few threads run  (Read 9540 times)

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Why am I letting a few threads run
« on: March 11, 2023, 01:38:38 AM »
It has come to my attention that the same few are reporting threads that twist their nickers. Get over it! The small minority seeks to impose their ideology on the rest. The mainstream media has blocked out most of the info I have let play. I have my thoughts on these matters and biases but that is not the reason to let these threads play out. It's to give the opportunity to let the NON-braindead make up their own mind. I was censored on Twitter the same day as Trump for stating my opinion and found it disgusting.

People point to a thread That Bill Little made years ago that pertained to the Brodak Wars and really was not even approved by me. That has nothing to do with current-day world affairs. I don't want this forum to become a free-for-all but I will allow a few stories not being played by the mainstream media.

Just remember we (mostly all) Know each other so choose your words wisley.
AMA 12366

Offline Kreth

• Lieutenant
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Why am I letting a few threads run
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 07:52:51 AM »
Thanks for your stand!
Kreth McKee AMA 22004

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 11:38:10 AM »
Let me guess...90% of the complaints have come from Liberals...?

Notice  how what it means to be a Liberal nowadays has morphed to...."Believe Everything, Question Nothing and Keep Your Mouth Shut"

Libs born from about 1980 on spent twice as much time during their young lives gazing into Electronic Programmers / Electronic Baby Sitters and so it is no wonder why they are so Social Trend Addicted and easily manipulated.

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 11:43:14 AM »
Bottom line, it's Sparkies site. If this is what he wants to let be posted then so be it. I learned a long time ago how to read  the posts that caught my eye and looked interesting. All I had to do was look at the title.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 11:50:32 AM »
Everyone should also take notice that only one side wants to silence the others point of view. Liberals HATE our Bill of Rights, the first 2 amendments most of all.

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 12:19:29 PM »
Everyone should also take notice that only one side wants to silence the others point of view. Liberals HATE our Bill of Rights, the first 2 amendments most of all.

Once you eliminate #2 then wave bye bye to #1

Are there ANY so called "MSM news sources that still allow ANY comments from the public...?

Believe this..if this forum [One of the few forums that respects / allows free speech] had millions of views every day..there would be who knows how many so called "Liberals" doing their best to sabotage it and to get it shut down.

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2023, 01:12:31 PM »

Are there ANY so called "MSM news sources that still allow ANY comments from the public...?

Believe this..if this forum [One of the few forums that respects / allows free speech] had millions of views every day..there would be who knows how many so called "Liberals" doing their best to sabotage it and to get it shut down.

It's funny that you mention this. There is a long time radio station here in the St. Louis area, KMOX, a 50,000 "Red Hot Watt" clear channel radio station. Many of you may have heard of it, as it is legendary for broadcasting St. Louis Cardinals baseball games that go way back to when the Dead Sea was sick. On a clear night, people have called in to the station from coast to coast, and I have heard many stories related from many sports celebrities who said they listened to KMOX on car radios at night to listen to games at all four corners of the country.   It was owned for a long time by CBS, and then has gone through a series of new owners. It was where I listened to Rush Limbaugh at every opportunity, so it was considered a conservative station. The long time station manager, Bob Hyland, passed away years ago and things slowly changed as time went by and then ownership changed. One of the popular features, and one that I participated in often was "Open Line " where they would take calls from listeners. There was an over night personality named Jim White who was legendary across the country for this. I think he was the first one to coin the phrase, "You can't fix stupid." and even distributed bumper stickers printed with that. They had "Open Line" at any hour of the day or night if the segment called for it, even on sports programs. Over the last few years there were wholesale changes of personnel and on air personalities where shuffled round to other stations owned by the mother company, Audicy Broadcasting , I think it is. Suddenly, no more open line. All the new on air staff  ( I won't call them personalities because generally, with one or two exceptions, they don't have any personality!!) are mostly left leaning and really just kind of silly. Early on, when they would say they would take some calls and I would try to call in, their switch board would kick me off. I fully believe that they use computer technology, AI or what ever you want to call it, to screen out anyone that may have called in before with opposing beliefs. I know this from previous years where I could call in and their switch board operator would call me by name when he answered, before I would say a word. Lately, when I have been listening to it primarily for traffic information or weather (that's all the station is good for now) they could be talking about any current issue that is in the news, and ever take any calls from listeners any more.  I think an overwhelming percentage of listeners are conservative types, and rather than take those calls and look stupid, they just stopped the practice. Their ratings have been on a downward trend, except for Cardinal Baseball broadcasts. I'm not the only one that I know that has noticed this trend. I quit taking the local newspaper for the same reason, and the fact that the cost had quadrupled in these year or two I subscribed . It is well known for censoring stories and letters to the editor. If I haven't been living this, and seeing what has changed in my hoe town, I probably would not believe it.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2023, 02:15:14 PM »
      It's funny that you mention this. There is a long time radio station here in the St. Louis area, KMOX, a 50,000 "Red Hot Watt" clear channel radio station. Many of you may have heard of it, as it is legendary for broadcasting St. Louis Cardinals baseball games that go way back to when the Dead Sea was sick. On a clear night, people have called in to the station from coast to coast, and I have heard many stories related from many sports celebrities who said they listened to KMOX on car radios at night to listen to games at all four corners of the country.   It was owned for a long time by CBS, and then has gone through a series of new owners. It was where I listened to Rush Limbaugh at every opportunity, so it was considered a conservative station. The long time station manager, Bob Hyland, passed away years ago and things slowly changed as time went by and then ownership changed. One of the popular features, and one that I participated in often was "Open Line " where they would take calls from listeners. There was an over night personality named Jim White who was legendary across the country for this. I think he was the first one to coin the phrase, "You can't fix stupid." and even distributed bumper stickers printed with that. They had "Open Line" at any hour of the day or night if the segment called for it, even on sports programs. Over the last few years there were wholesale changes of personnel and on air personalities where shuffled round to other stations owned by the mother company, Audicy Broadcasting , I think it is. Suddenly, no more open line. All the new on air staff  ( I won't call them personalities because generally, with one or two exceptions, they don't have any personality!!) are mostly left leaning and really just kind of silly. Early on, when they would say they would take some calls and I would try to call in, their switch board would kick me off. I fully believe that they use computer technology, AI or what ever you want to call it, to screen out anyone that may have called in before with opposing beliefs. I know this from previous years where I could call in and their switch board operator would call me by name when he answered, before I would say a word. Lately, when I have been listening to it primarily for traffic information or weather (that's all the station is good for now) they could be talking about any current issue that is in the news, and ever take any calls from listeners any more.  I think an overwhelming percentage of listeners are conservative types, and rather than take those calls and look stupid, they just stopped the practice. Their ratings have been on a downward trend, except for Cardinal Baseball broadcasts. I'm not the only one that I know that has noticed this trend. I quit taking the local newspaper for the same reason, and the fact that the cost had quadrupled in these year or two I subscribed . It is well known for censoring stories and letters to the editor. If I haven't been living this, and seeing what has changed in my hoe town, I probably would not believe it.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Dan..I'm afraid it would take a prolonged and devastating SHTF LEVEL WORLDWIDE DISASTER to see the pendulum swing  out of the full control of the Globalist Elite Cabal.
I reckon they own your local radio station...[and many times it's very hard to trace actual ownership and operational control].
IOW..loss of control of the MSM, academia and world monetary system could never happen because The Globalist Elite will weather the storm no matter what happens.

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2023, 03:16:08 PM »

To Chuck's point about liberal MSM censoring... click this link and listen to this Marine tell this short story.  I posted it on facebook and they censored me because they said "It did not meet their community standards." 

https://twitter.com/KanekoaTheGreat/status/1633536237532499968?fbclid=IwAR0GQpDb9c1JN9_2xv_OYSG95damhf6pSiHF79pS6wXkM-vtkWCfnvUJRwc

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2023, 03:46:15 PM »
To Chuck's point about liberal MSM censoring... click this link and listen to this Marine tell this short story.  I posted it on facebook and they censored me because they said "It did not meet their community standards." 

https://twitter.com/KanekoaTheGreat/status/1633536237532499968?fbclid=IwAR0GQpDb9c1JN9_2xv_OYSG95damhf6pSiHF79pS6wXkM-vtkWCfnvUJRwc

Mike...can I assume that the MSM paid very little attention to this man's testimony...?

Imagine how many facebook Fact Checker head explosions this meme would cause.... LL~

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2023, 08:38:47 PM »
Chuck I just happened to run across it on facebook.  I saw nothing about this on any news station.  As a veteran of the Vietnam war, this literally broke my heart.  I got emotional and enraged watching it.

The only reason I am still on facebook is because I founded and started two groups on there.  One is Control Line Flying and the other is Control Line Classifieds.  Also my family is on there as well.  facebook is a love hate type relationship but I am hating it more and more and will eventually delete my account I am sure. 

Mike

Online John Carrodus

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2023, 09:21:39 PM »
Dan I can tell you here in NZ the same WOKE ( We Who Know Everything ) automotens have shut down at least three radio talkback hosts for exposing the truth with the last year.

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2023, 10:03:10 PM »
Chuck I just happened to run across it on facebook.  I saw nothing about this on any news station.  As a veteran of the Vietnam war, this literally broke my heart.  I got emotional and enraged watching it.

The only reason I am still on facebook is because I founded and started two groups on there.  One is Control Line Flying and the other is Control Line Classifieds.  Also my family is on there as well.  facebook is a love hate type relationship but I am hating it more and more and will eventually delete my account I am sure. 

Mike

Mike...I'll take a look at your facebook pages.
I served during that "brief time in Man's History when both sides were reloading" and was very glad about that
We need to bring all our boys home from all unwinnable situations.
Situations  where all they are permitted to do is spend each day on the defensive, waiting to be attacked and  hoping they don't get killed.
No more deployments to places where there's no  plan to retaliate MASSIVELY after being attacked, or into situations where the permission to go on the offensive has to come from an air conditioned "war room" some where in the USA.
Let's make the entire  Southern Border a military duty station and bring all of our boys home to man it.

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2023, 11:25:08 PM »
Dan I can tell you here in NZ the same WOKE ( We Who Know Everything ) automotens have shut down at least three radio talkback hosts for exposing the truth with the last year.

Recently 5 Spanish speaking conservative talk stations operating in the Florida state were purchased by a Soros consortium, the conservative hosts were dismissed from their jobs. There is definitely an agenda afloat to terminate all potentially opposing views even here in US. During the New Mexico elections, Y** T*b* kept posting on nearly every video I watched, ads in Spanish opposing the Republican gubernatorial candidate. They said some very nasty things about him, not true, to secure their candidate, who incidentally secured the election.

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2023, 12:09:48 AM »
Recently 5 Spanish speaking conservative talk stations operating in the Florida state were purchased by a Soros consortium, the conservative hosts were dismissed from their jobs. There is definitely an agenda afloat to terminate all potentially opposing views even here in US. During the New Mexico elections, Y** T*b* kept posting on nearly every video I watched, ads in Spanish opposing the Republican gubernatorial candidate. They said some very nasty things about him, not true, to secure their candidate, who incidentally secured the election.

Hey GG...Why would Soros spend $2MM of his hard earned money to get the current Sheriff of Maricopa County elected...? You might recall..this Sheriff is the guy who refused to turn the 2020 voting machines over to the auditors after a court order.
Just another amazing coincidence I guess.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2023, 03:09:51 AM »

TRUTH is irrelevant to them, GG.  Remember Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid saying Mitt Romney hadn't paid income taxes for 10 years?  He was quite proud of it; when asked if he felt guilty, he replied "They can call it whatever they want.  Romney didn't win did he?"  Absolutely sickening to decent people ...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/harry-reid-is-proud-he-lied-about-mitt-romneys-taxes

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2023, 03:11:32 AM »
It has come to my attention that the same few are reporting threads that twist their nickers. Get over it! The small minority seeks to impose their ideology on the rest. The mainstream media has blocked out most of the info I have let play. I have my thoughts on these matters and biases but that is not the reason to let these threads play out. It's to give the opportunity to let the NON-braindead make up their own mind. I was censored on Twitter the same day as Trump for stating my opinion and found it disgusting.

People point to a thread That Bill Little made years ago that pertained to the Brodak Wars and really was not even approved by me. That has nothing to do with current-day world affairs. I don't want this forum to become a free-for-all but I will allow a few stories not being played by the mainstream media.

Just remember we (mostly all) Know each other so choose your words wisley.

Very much appreciated, Sparky!

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2023, 04:30:49 AM »
Perfect.  A safe place where conspiracies can be shared without having to worry about being taken to task...

PD. The Afghanistan story did make the news 4 days ago.

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Oath
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2023, 05:02:53 AM »
Sorry Spraky, that you forgot the oath you once took...

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2023, 06:42:30 AM »
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 04:11:12 PM by Bill Morell »
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2023, 08:12:34 AM »
Perfect.  A safe place where conspiracies can be shared without having to worry about being taken to task...

People who actually served in the US Military and who took their oaths seriously respect other people's rights to share conspiracy theories.
OTOH..people who never served naturally have no respect for freedom of expression....unless it's only their views that they wish to express.

We see these folks for what they are..Liberal Fascists.

"During times of universal deceit.....telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

How many years has it taken for the MSM to start calling the botched withdrawl from Afghanistan "A BOTCHED WITHDRAWL"...?
Conservatives were calling it a botched withdrawl right from day one while all good supporters of Team Biden vigorously defended the way the withdrawl was executed...
and called those of us who dared to criticize the withdrawl....RW CONSPIRACY THEORISTS.

Now that the truth is out all the social trend addicted Globalist Party Goyim will obediently follow the 180 degree flip of....
[[[THE OFFICIAL AFGHAN WITHDRAWL NARRATIVE]]].

« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 12:44:17 PM by Chuck Matheny »

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2023, 10:08:35 AM »
Remind me again who negotiated the withdrawal?  Not negotiated well and not executed well either.  Our neighbors son did 2 deployments, he had similar stories to share.  Once they had to vacate a FOB to let it be taken over (no fighting involved) and a similar story while on guard duty.  Watched somebody place an improvised explosive and was ordered not to engage.  The bomb disposal crew did not make it there before it was set off.  No casualties except for a truck.  I am pretty sure that others have similar stories.  He was lucky, came back in one piece and mentally whole.

Offline Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2023, 10:13:33 AM »
Remind me again who negotiated the withdrawal?  Not negotiated well and not executed well either.  Our neighbors son did 2 deployments, he had similar stories to share.  Once they had to vacate a FOB to let it be taken over (no fighting involved) and a similar story while on guard duty.  Watched somebody place an improvised explosive and was ordered not to engage.  The bomb disposal crew did not make it there before it was set off.  No casualties except for a truck.  I am pretty sure that others have similar stories.  He was lucky, came back in one piece and mentally whole.

Of course, blame Trump.
Aren't you late for your booster shot?
I suppose it was Trumps plan to leave behind $83 billion in equipment along with American citizens.

Online John Carrodus

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2023, 10:29:22 AM »
Mr Peabody
                   Sir, if you decide to take a shot - first identify your target.
Like Sparky ( NOT - Spraky ) I too many many years ago swore an oath to our (then ) Queen and Country. Central were the concepts loyalty, the law and good of the commonwealth.

I see my critical friend roll as a universal duty of all citizens of a democracy to holding politicians to account and calling out BS on any level as 100% consistent with that oath.

The US military oaths specifically identify defending against enemies from outside and from within.I would have thought calling out BS harmful to the US, especially from inside/ politically,  would be even more to the point for US ex military.

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2023, 10:57:30 AM »

The [[[Globalist Party Controlled MSM]]] would have  CRUCIFIED TRUMP 24 / 7 FROM DAY ONE if the botched withdrawl happened under Trump's watch,
Dude...if you were honest with yourself [or less brainwashed] you wouldn't try to BS the rest of us who know better.

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2023, 11:23:03 AM »

Is the MSM running this story on the front page 24/7 for MONTHS like they did the Michael "Gentle Giant" Brown Fable.....?

Every TOTALITARIAN SOCIETY MUST HAVE ABSOLUTE CONTROL OF THE MASS MEDIA....and so THE BIGGEST SAFE SPACE ON EARTH [aka  facebook] is doing their best to make that our reality in the USA.
Just like the way it's done in all the other Totalitarian @#$% Hole Nations.
Well at least we don't have 1/2 our population practicing OPEN DEFECATION.......yet.

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • The physics of flight releases the soul.
Re: Oath
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2023, 11:52:03 AM »
Sorry Spraky, that you forgot the oath you once took...

It didn't take long to "smoke one out of its hole."  H^^
Circlepilot   AMA9376

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2023, 06:47:06 PM »
The [[[Globalist Party Controlled MSM]]] would have  CRUCIFIED TRUMP 24 / 7 FROM DAY ONE if the botched withdrawl happened under Trump's watch,
Dude...if you were honest with yourself [or less brainwashed] you wouldn't try to BS the rest of us who know better.

Mike pompeo negotiated the withdrawal and opted to leave the Afghan government out of it.  That was done under Trump.  Look it up if you do not believe.

The withdrawal was chaotic, no question about it.  The us military didi not expect the Afghan forces to fold so easily and so quickly. The Afghan government fled but then again they were not privy to the negotiation in the first place. You could argue that the US did not negotiate in good faith.

Winding the clock back, going in was a mistake and so was Iraq.  In the end Bin Laden was killed in a raid that the US executed without telling anyone.  That should have been always the plan for dealing with him.  Turning Iraq into a non functioning country gave Iran the space it wanted to extend it's influence.

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2023, 06:54:22 PM »
Mike pompeo negotiated the withdrawal and opted to leave the Afghan government out of it.  That was done under Trump.  Look it up if you do not believe.

The withdrawal was chaotic, no question about it.  The us military didi not expect the Afghan forces to fold so easily and so quickly. The Afghan government fled but then again they were not privy to the negotiation in the first place. You could argue that the US did not negotiate in good faith.

Winding the clock back, going in was a mistake and so was Iraq.  In the end Bin Laden was killed in a raid that the US executed without telling anyone.  That should have been always the plan for dealing with him.  Turning Iraq into a non functioning country gave Iran the space it wanted to extend it's influence.
HOW RIDICULOUS...!!!
Does any sane person think that if the roles were reversed that Team Trump would be forced to stay with a withdrawl plan that was  inherited from Team Biden...?

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2023, 07:46:52 PM »
If I recall, there were conditions to the withdrawal under Trump that would have ensured both an orderly and fully supported transition to the Afghan military.  I also think we were keeping Bagram Airbase.  What Biden did was abandon all of that and run.  He didn't even take his marbles when he left. He just left his ball and went home.   Biden was a grown man when Sigon fell and 50,000 Americans died for nothing, 300,000 more injured and let's not mention the other 2 million who were drafted and yanked from their marriages and schools or had their lives uprooted.  Did he learn nothing from that?  He probably did but can't quite remember it.  Apparently, all he remembers was the Democrats blaming Nixon so when his time came, he just blamed his brain fart on Trump.  21 million Afgan women are just thrilled with what he did for them.

Ken 
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2023, 08:43:05 PM »
If I recall, there were conditions to the withdrawal under Trump that would have ensured both an orderly and fully supported transition to the Afghan military.  I also think we were keeping Bagram Airbase.  What Biden did was abandon all of that and run.  He didn't even take his marbles when he left. He just left his ball and went home.   Biden was a grown man when Sigon fell and 50,000 Americans died for nothing, 300,000 more injured and let's not mention the other 2 million who were drafted and yanked from their marriages and schools or had their lives uprooted.  Did he learn nothing from that?  He probably did but can't quite remember it.  Apparently, all he remembers was the Democrats blaming Nixon so when his time came, he just blamed his brain fart on Trump.  21 million Afgan women are just thrilled with what he did for them.

Ken

President Ford requested funding from Congress to help get all or as many Americans and Allies out of Vietnam as possible before the final fall of Saigon. Guess who blocked the approval of that funding? GUESS WHAT!! It was Grandpa Joe. They can blame Trump all they want. Grandpa Joe was the Commander in Chief at the time, and has full responsibility for the success or failure of such an operation. He had time to do it right.

Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2023, 08:52:05 PM »
Who will be responsible, or answer too, for not allowing our sniper (who had the suicide bomber in his scope) to take him out, allowing 13 of our personnel to be blown to bits?
Circlepilot   AMA9376

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2023, 08:55:41 PM »
Who will be responsible, or answer too, for not allowing our sniper (who had the suicide bomber in his scope) to take him out, allowing 13 of our personnel to be blown to bits?
They will blame Trump.
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline scott v.

• 23 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2023, 09:52:08 PM »
Thank You.

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2023, 10:37:10 PM »
I know this will take a tremendous amount of restraint, at least it does for me, but the best thing you can do with an idiotic post from a left wing lunatic, is totally ignore them and their posts.  Do not answer them, unless it gets personal.

I have used this quote a lot that is attributed to Mark Twain.  "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Mike

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2023, 10:43:12 AM »
I know this will take a tremendous amount of restraint, at least it does for me, but the best thing you can do with an idiotic post from a left wing lunatic, is totally ignore them and their posts.  Do not answer them, unless it gets personal.

I have used this quote a lot that is attributed to Mark Twain.  "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Mike
Good points Mike.
I'd make better use of my time over at the Building  and Finishing Technique forum...!!
I have to admit it does my heart good to see so many truly woke Conservatives at this forum who hate having a single party loyal, Globalist Agenda spewing MSM.
I stopped short of calling the MSM "government controlled" because I think both entities answer to   a higher authority... 

Offline Joseph Lijoi

• Commander
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2023, 11:33:13 AM »
People who actually served in the US Military and who took their oaths seriously respect other people's rights to share conspiracy theories.
OTOH..people who never served naturally have no respect for freedom of expression....unless it's only their views that they wish to express.

We see these folks for what they are..Liberal Fascists.

"During times of universal deceit.....telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

How many years has it taken for the MSM to start calling the botched withdrawl from Afghanistan "A BOTCHED WITHDRAWL"...?
Conservatives were calling it a botched withdrawl right from day one while all good supporters of Team Biden vigorously defended the way the withdrawl was executed...
and called those of us who dared to criticize the withdrawl....RW CONSPIRACY THEORISTS.

Now that the truth is out all the social trend addicted Globalist Party Goyim will obediently follow the 180 degree flip of....
[[[THE OFFICIAL AFGHAN WITHDRAWL NARRATIVE]]].

Globalist Party Goyim is an anti semitic trope. I am not going to let that one go. Save it for 4chan.

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2023, 11:38:59 AM »
Globalist Party Goyim is an anti semitic trope. I am not going to let that one go. Save it for 4chan.

Look at the free speech hating thought control Nazi on patrol.
It's OK for you to spew racist crap..buy not for others. Got it.
People like you would be better served living in places like 1970s Cambodia.
Funny how it's fashionable and perfectly fine with brainwashed Goyim  like you to be anti Christian, ridicule "White Trash" Hill Billies, etc.
Is this meme another "ANTI-SEMITIC TROPE"..or is this too much truth for you to handle without your head exploding...?

« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 03:43:29 PM by Chuck Matheny »

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2023, 12:33:04 PM »
Funny that most don't get that liberal and fascist really do not go together, at least historically up to this point.  Regarding the Negotiations it is a fact that the US government decided to deal with the Taliban directly and excluded the Afghan government. That sent a pretty clear signal of who the US felt actually had the power, or at the very least, it sent the Afghan government a clear message of where the US stood.  It was also naive to think that the Taliban would actually negotiate in good faith.  Pretty sure that most of you will think that this is BS, but just in case...

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/timeline-of-u-s-withdrawal-from-afghanistan/

I am assuming that most of you remember that about 5K Taliban fighters were released as part of the agreement.  The Afghan government objected but they were ignored.  Nothing like giving the enemy a thousand more troops....  At any rate.  The Taliban did not really keep their end of the bargain and Biden could have called it off.  At that point he probably would have had to send additional troops and chances are that the fighting would have started once again. Maybe one of you will enlighten me and tell me how could have pulled it off with the troops he already had in place and no more US casualties.  We did not learn from the Soviet experience; invading Afghanistan was not a necessary condition to getting Bin Laden and when it finally happened he was killed in Pakistan. You could have argued on moral grounds that getting rid of the Taliban would be a good thing for Afghanistan but as history suggested it was going to be a losing proposition. Also remember that in the past the US has not chosen its allies well, we supported Saddam during the Iran/Iraq war and also helped the Taliban make life miserable for the Russians.  The only thing consistent about US foreign policy is its inconsistency....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 01:11:42 PM by Teodorico Terry »

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2023, 01:18:05 PM »
Funny that most don't get that liberal and fascist really do not go together, at least historically up to this point.
Terry.."a little bit of knowledge is dangerous"
https://www.themarissalong.com/reclaiming-original-definition-fascism/

https://www.right-mind.us/they-changed-the-definition-of-fascism-in-2009/#:~:text=They%20Changed%20the%20Definition%20of%20Fascism%20in%202009.,how%20you%20can%20construe%20that%20to%20be%20right-wing.
They Changed the Definition of Fascism in 2009. Up until 2009, the word “right-wing” was not used in the definition of Fascism or Naziism. Both of these ideologies were socialist movements. Not sure how you can construe that to be right-wing only.
They Changed the Definition of Fascism in 2009 – Right-Mind

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2009/feb/08/goldberg-liberal-fascism-review

And the great H.G. Wells coined the term LIBERAL FASCIST..so take your disaproval of that term up with him.

and if the shoe fits...wear it.

"Inside every Progressive" beats the heart of a Totalitarian "

The Afghan pull out was doomed to fail once it was allowed to become a massive and confusing  cluster of civilians we had no business trying to evacuate at the last minute.
It's just too difficult to monitor that many people.
Trying to claim that Biden's hands were tied and that he had to stick to "Trumps plan" is ridiculously funny though.... LL~

« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 05:07:26 PM by Chuck Matheny »

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2023, 01:25:18 PM »
Chuck,

It is easy to point out mistakes but what would you have done differently if in charge? That is point, people look at the outcome and never really think about the process that generated the outcome and how it could have handled differently.  I am guessing that the release of the 5K Taliban fighters was a good idea? If not, you already have an issue with how things were negotiated....

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2023, 01:44:05 PM »
Chuck,

It is easy to point out mistakes but what would you have done differently if in charge?

Withdraw nothing but US Troops from heavily guarded  extraction points.
Make it very clear to the civilians in advance that this is the way it's going to be.

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2023, 02:12:41 PM »
No comment about the 5K Taliban fighters?

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2023, 03:12:11 PM »

What part of heavily defended don't you understand...?
We've got the technology but even that was overwhelmed by Biden's "Rainbows and Unicorns" dreams of letting everyone come along for the ride .

Did you know that the Taliban took those billions of dollars worth of surrendered military gear and opened up a chain of Army Surplus stores called TRAITOR JOES...?

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2023, 03:14:13 PM »
If I am reading the point of your conversation, it is that Biden had no choice.  I hope I am wrong because he did have a choice.  He could have enforced the Trump withdrawal agreement.  Instead, he cut bait and ran.  You used the logic that enforcing it might cause casualties.  Does anybody in their right mind think you can fight a war without casualties?  The second that the Talaban broke the withdrawal agreement Biden should have bombed them back to the stone age (again) then resumed the process.  It was Biden's withdrawing the American advisors that were training the Afgan army that caused the government to collapse.  Until that point the Afgan military was able to keep the country under control WITH US air support and advisors.  It will go down in history as the dumbest military move in history and no amount of lipstick is ever going to make this pig look good again to those that depend on us.   

What would I have done differently?  Everything.  First, I would have made it mandatory that all advisors, translators, Afgan workers that were promised safety if things went wrong were evacuated before a single US Military person left and I would have given shoot to kill orders to make it happen.  Bagram airbase would have been fortified for the remaining troops that would be there as a buffer to keep the Taliban in check and provide a staging base should we have to go back.  Lastly, I would fire every general officer that thought doing what was actually done was a good idea and maybe a few field grade ones as well. 

Ken   
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2023, 06:46:36 PM »
Ken,

There is a good documentary about one of the Afghan generals who worked with the Americans; he was surprised at how quickly they were ordered to pull out.  What became evident later is that supply became an issue (food, ammo and transport) very quickly; without American support they could not really function. Their government also did not provide them with what they needed.   It is obvious that they were not ready. Somebody in the US side should have known better, maybe they were not listened to, who knows but I would love to hear the story.

At any rate, an orderly pull out requires local forces to be in a position to provide security or at least a buffer.  The British pullout from Dunkirk was possible because the French were able to hold off the Germans, without that it would have been a rout. The pullout from Saigon was also chaotic so there is a precedent for what happened in Afghanistan. The US could have secured a base for as long as troops were present but over time, as they are evacuated, you have fewer troops and the situation becomes tenuous.  Eventually when the last troop boards a plane you basically have no security at all; you need the local troops to provide support or at least a buffer which buys you time.  I suspect that the original plan was to be out of Kabul before it fell.  It did not happen that way.  Biden delayed the pullout from May until September and my impression is that it gave the Taliban more time to gain ground.  Was is it a mistake?  Probably.  Could he have negotiated a new deal?  Not so sure.  Without a more significant number of boots on the ground I doubt that he would have gotten a good deal, you can't negotiate from a position of power if you cannot back up it. 

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2023, 06:49:15 PM »
Ken,

There is a good documentary about one of the Afghan generals who worked with the Americans; he was surprised at how quickly they were ordered to pull out.  What became evident later is that supply became an issue (food, ammo and transport) very quickly; without American support they could not really function. Their government also did not provide them with what they needed.   It is obvious that they were not ready. Somebody in the US side should have known better, maybe they were not listened to, who knows but I would love to hear the story.

At any rate, an orderly pull out requires local forces to be in a position to provide security or at least a buffer.  The British pullout from Dunkirk was possible because the French were able to hold off the Germans, without that it would have been a rout. The pullout from Saigon was also chaotic so there is a precedent for what happened in Afghanistan. The US could have secured a base for as long as troops were present but over time, as they are evacuated, you have fewer troops and the situation becomes tenuous.  Eventually when the last troop boards a plane you basically have no security at all; you need the local troops to provide support or at least a buffer which buys you time.  I suspect that the original plan was to be out of Kabul before it fell.  It did not happen that way.  Biden delayed the pullout from May until September and my impression is that it gave the Taliban more time to gain ground.  Was is it a mistake?  Probably.  Could he have negotiated a new deal?  Not so sure.  Without a more significant number of boots on the ground I doubt that he would have gotten a good deal, you can't negotiate from a position of power if you cannot back up it.

Ther last troops could have been covered quite nicely with good ole USA Air Power and the Eyes In The Sky.

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2023, 07:52:38 PM »
Highly unlikely in an urban environment where the bad guys mix in with the civilians unless that it is not important.  So what would happen if one of the planes or gunships goes down? You probably also believe that the gun in the A-10 is a pretty great anti-tank weapon.....  You have to get pretty close to one to hit it with the gun which means that they can also shoot back at you. The plane can take a lot of damage but a damaged plane may not get to fly the next day.   Most A10 tank kills during the Gulf War where missile kills, take your shot from a safe distance, take no damage and get to do it again tomorrow.

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2023, 08:17:13 PM »
Highly unlikely in an urban environment where the bad guys mix in with the civilians unless that it is not important.  So what would happen if one of the planes or gunships goes down? You probably also believe that the gun in the A-10 is a pretty great anti-tank weapon.....  You have to get pretty close to one to hit it with the gun which means that they can also shoot back at you. The plane can take a lot of damage but a damaged plane may not get to fly the next day.   Most A10 tank kills during the Gulf War where missile kills, take your shot from a safe distance, take no damage and get to do it again tomorrow.

OK ...I'm obviously no match for your NO CAN DO defeatist mentality. So yeah..Brandon should get a medal for his brilliantly devised and executed withdrawl.
Perhaps the MSM is just now getting around to criticizing Brandon's withdrawl because the Puppet Masters plan on installing Hyena Face as the first countersunk POTUS...?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 09:55:16 PM by Chuck Matheny »

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2023, 09:14:28 PM »

You're not giving the pilots of A-10's enough credit. One of the features of the A-10 was being able to hide in flight, fly nap of the earth behind hills and ridges, then pop up and nail a target before the target knew what hit them. Tank operators FEARED the A-10 because of that gun and pushed the speed limits of their tanks in trying to evade them. You can't shoot at something if you can't see it or get take aim at it. You add in some help from some eyes in the sky to observe and help ID a target with laser designators, and "formidable weapon" isn't a strong enough description.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2023, 11:06:43 PM »
You ever fired a GAU-8?

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2023, 11:55:56 PM »
Boy, I was wondering if anyone would take the deflection... The A10 was designed at a time when many anti tank weapons were wire guided and tanks more lightly armored than today.  I remember reading a report where the hit probability on a tank was fairly low and kill probability was even lower.  The gun is neat but it is a fairly simple  round except for the use of depleted uranium to make it heavier. They were designed to fight Russian tanks in the European plains, not to snipe at targets in urban environments.  Look up Aircrew Interview, lots of neat stuff to watch.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2023, 07:26:16 AM »
Boy, I was wondering if anyone would take the deflection... The A10 was designed at a time when many anti tank weapons were wire guided and tanks more lightly armored than today.  I remember reading a report where the hit probability on a tank was fairly low and kill probability was even lower.  The gun is neat but it is a fairly simple  round except for the use of depleted uranium to make it heavier. They were designed to fight Russian tanks in the European plains, not to snipe at targets in urban environments.  Look up Aircrew Interview, lots of neat stuff to watch.
I am still waiting for your point.  The A-10 was designed for close air support of ground troops where pinpoint accuracy was required.  It IS extremely accurate.  If it is going tank hunting it will be using Mavericks which are even more accurate.   I know the Taliban had tanks, but they had to get there by crossing some rather open spaces.  If we were of a mind to stop them the Taliban would no longer have tanks.  It was a decision to let them take over, plain and simple.  The American military is (or maybe was now that they are WOKE) the most lethal force in the history of mankind but you have to have a leader that knows how and where to use them.  We no longer do and that is the end of the story.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2023, 09:03:41 AM »
Why is it defeatist?  I am simply stating that without local help it is very difficult to do.  There is a historical precedent to it and also the fact that it did not work out well is evidence that without local support it next to mission impossible.  The same happened during the fall of Saigon.  It always nice to be able to tell somebody to "just get it done" while being oblivious to what it would actually take.  Without a land base in Afghanistan maybe Pakistan could have served as a staging point but our relationship with them is not good.  Outside of Pakistan you have no basing options for military planes unless you start using carriers but even then you would have to overfly countries which are not friendly to the US to get to Kabul and its surroundings.  There is a difference between allowing a military, unarmed, transport plane to fly over a country and one that is fully loaded out for war.  With all of this your A10s and helicopters are out the picture unless you plan on leaving them there (which did happen), maybe you can get some carrier based Rhinos...

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2023, 10:04:44 AM »
Why is it defeatist?  I am simply stating that without local help it is very difficult to do.  There is a historical precedent to it and also the fact that it did not work out well is evidence that without local support it next to mission impossible.  The same happened during the fall of Saigon.  It always nice to be able to tell somebody to "just get it done" while being oblivious to what it would actually take.  Without a land base in Afghanistan maybe Pakistan could have served as a staging point but our relationship with them is not good.  Outside of Pakistan you have no basing options for military planes unless you start using carriers but even then you would have to overfly countries which are not friendly to the US to get to Kabul and its surroundings.  There is a difference between allowing a military, unarmed, transport plane to fly over a country and one that is fully loaded out for war.  With all of this your A10s and helicopters are out the picture unless you plan on leaving them there (which did happen), maybe you can get some carrier based Rhinos...

Your mission here is to show your undying love for Biden.
If this had happened under Trump's watch there is no way you would be presenting yourself here as his EXCUSE MAKER and APOLOGIST.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 10:26:48 AM by Chuck Matheny »

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2023, 03:54:16 PM »
The B-10 is one of my favorite ugly, in between wars, airplane.  It was quite modern when it first came out (stressed metal skin, retractable landing gear, enclosed cockpit and I believe variable pitch props).  It did however, become obsolete very quickly. Take a look at the British designs of the same period to get an idea of how modern they were at the time.

The F-35 is probably not the airplane I would have dreamed off however it does not mean that it is not the right one for the job. Yes, it took fore ever, incredibly expensive and I would argue that the Air Force version should not have been made (the one with the smaller wings).  Maybe it was a compromise to gain stealth. At any rate, the whole idea of BVR is to shoot down the opponent before the merge; you really want to avoid the dog fight if at all possible.  Stealth does not make the plane invisible but harder to see which hopefully means you take the first shot before the opponent even knows you are there. The new version of the merge is that you and your buddies arrive to find no opponents around.

The British had the Tornado which did not have anywhere the capabilities of the F15 or 16 but by being clever they could wax a F-15. The latter variants of the F3 had a really good radar which was well integrated.  There are stories of F111s knocking down F15s as well.  There was an exercise in which F111 and Buccaneers were to attack shipping at low level.  The F111s asked the Buccaneers to fly low enough to leave a wake and they would be following 15 miles behind.  The F-15 CAP flying high saw the wakes and came barreling down to intercept the Buccaneers; they basically popped in front of the F111s who got 2 F15 kills that day. Also heard an F15 claim that F14s were easy kills; just keep an eye on the wing sweep and you could guess what they were about to do.  The point is that the clever ones figure out how to use the tools they have.

If you look at the Ukraine there has been relatively little air combat and most of it happened at the start of the war.  The reason is simple, both sides have good enough missile systems to keep the opponent at bay so you are limited to low level, get in and get out type scenarios. You have to keep in mind that the Russians have good ECM systems which they have used only to discovered that although it helped their aircraft get through it also affected their own defenses so it ended up being a double edge sword.  This environment would be a great test for the F35 is you can find enough pilots with brass marbles to fly them. The problem is that we generally design equipment for the last war we fought, not the one we will fight in the future.  I believe that the F-35 is trying to break ground in that respect. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 05:21:09 PM by Teodorico Terry »

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2023, 04:36:10 PM »
The B-10 is one of my favorite ugly, in between wars, airplane.  It was quite modern when it first came out (stressed metal skin, retractable landing gear, enclosed cockpit and I believe variable pitch props).  It did however, become obsolete very quickly. Take a look at the British designs of the same period to get an idea of how modern they were.

The F-35 is probably not the airplane I would have dreamed off however it does not mean that it is not the right one for the job. Yes, it took fore ever, incredibly expensive and I would argue that the Air Force version should not have been made (the one with the smaller wings).  Maybe it was a compromise to gain stealth. At any rate, the whole idea of BVR is to shoot down the opponent before the merge; you really want to avoid the dog fight if at all possible.  Stealth does not make the plane invisible but harder to see which hopefully means you take the first shot before the opponent even knows you are there. The new version of the merge is that you and your buddies arrive to find no opponents around.

The British had the Tornado which did not have anywhere the capabilities of the F15 or 16 but by being clever they could wax a F-15. The latter variants of the F3 had a really good radar which was well integrated.  There are stories of F111s knocking down F15s as well.  There was an exercise in which F111 and Buccaneers were to attack shipping at low level.  The F111s asked the Buccaneers to fly low enough to leave a wake and they would be following 15 miles behind.  The F-15 CAP flying high saw the wakes and came barreling down to intercept the Buccaneers; they basically popped in front of the F111s who got 2 F15 kills that day. Also heard an F15 claim that F14s were easy kills; just keep an eye on the wing sweep and you could guess what they were about to do.  The point is that the clever ones figure out how to use the tools they have.

If you look at the Ukraine there has been relatively little air combat and most of it happened at the start of the war.  The reason is simple, both sides have good enough missile systems to keep the opponent at bay so you are limited to low level, get in and get out type scenarios. You have to keep in mind that the Russians have good ECM systems which they have used only to discovered that although it helped their aircraft get through it also affected their own defenses so it ended up being a double edge sword.  This environment would be a great test for the F35 is you can find enough pilots with brass marbles to fly them. The problem is that we generally design equipment for the last war we fought, not the one we will fight in the future.  I believe that the F-35 is trying to break ground in that respect.

It's quite a shame that Biden didn't call on you for your tactical Know How, tremendous combat experience  and CAN DO attitude..!

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2023, 04:44:16 PM »
I know!  What a missed opportunity...

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2023, 04:48:20 PM »
Galloping,

You might enjoy this.  Her call sign was Killer Chick.

or this one....

« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 05:19:11 PM by Teodorico Terry »

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2023, 04:50:10 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/reel/133819946016034

I cannot beleive this piece of work is President

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2023, 05:11:34 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/reel/133819946016034

I cannot beleive this piece of work is President

What's almost as ridiculous as Joe "POO-POO PANTS" Biden.....is his CLOWN WORLD CABINET

The  [[[GLOBALIST PUPPETMASTERS]]] are setting the table to present to The Goyim Masses none other than  Kamala "Cackle Face" Harris as our first COUNTERSUNK POTUS......... LL~

That's been my bold prediction  ever since [actually before] the 2020 election.

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2023, 05:22:58 PM »
And we are back.....  It is hopeless....

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2023, 06:02:56 PM »
And we are back.....  It is hopeless....
Yep..no doubt you still wish to believe that Fascism pertains to Right Wingers ONLY and that Team Biden had no choice but to adhere to the details of Team Trump's withdrawl plan.... LL~
i'll even bet you believe that the military's ROI with female recruits in the technical and combat arms MOS training programs has been just as fruitful as it is with men.
I'd love to see "Progressives" with their NWO Brainwashed belief systems put their money where their mouths are..but seldom do they ever if it's their own money or their own lives that are on the line.

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2023, 06:52:04 PM »
Yep..no doubt you still wish to believe that Fascism pertains to Right Wingers ONLY and that Team Biden had no choice but to adhere to the details of Team Trump's withdrawl plan.... LL~
i'll even bet you believe that the military's ROI with female recruits in the technical and combat arms MOS training programs has been just as fruitful as it is with men.
I'd love to see "Progressives" with their NWO Brainwashed belief systems put their money where their mouths are..but seldom do they ever if it's their own money or their own lives that are on the line.

Guessing not married... 

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2023, 06:56:41 PM »
Guessing not married...
I knew in advance that you would channel your inner "MIDDLE SCHOOL THEODORO" instead of owning up  to my SPOT ON observations..

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2023, 07:24:21 PM »
I am guessing that you do not read what you write.  You are basically stating that women, at least in terms of the military, are not as capable as men. Is that true of women in general by extension or only in the context of the military?  That somehow, the ROI they need to meet are somehow easier or watered down?  You do not see that as being rather condescending? How do you feel about their service?

My neighbor was a West Point grad who made Captain by the time her service was up; her husband only made lieutenant. He was also West Point graduate and they happened to be in the same class.  The both served in Desert Storm. Ask him any time who had the brains that ran the household and he would unequivocally say she was.

You will probably not enjoy this video either.....

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2023, 07:25:27 PM »
I am guessing that you do not read what you write.  You are basically stating that women, at least in terms of the military, are not as capable as men. Is that generally true of women in general by extension or only in the context of the military?  That somehow, the ROI they need to meet are somehow easier or watered down. You do not see that as being rather condescending? How do you feel about their service?

My neighbor was a West Point grad who was made Captain by the time her service was up; her husband only made lieutenant. He was also West Point graduate in they happened to be in the same class.  Ask him any time who the brains that ran the household and he would unequivocally say she was.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/599459-army-approves-reduced-physical-fitness-standards-for-women-older-soldiers/

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2016/0621/New-Marine-Corps-fitness-standards-Women-and-men-are-washing-out#:~:text=In%20the%20last%20five%20months%2C%206%20out%20of,training%20for%20combat%20jobs%2C%20according%20to%20the%20data.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/05/10/nearly-half-of-female-soldiers-still-failing-new-army-fitness-test-while-males-pass-easily.html

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/10/15/men-and-women-seeing-different-failure-rates-armys-gender-neutral-fitness-test.html
"The popular facebook page U.S Army W.T.F! Moments recently posted what appeared to be a set of leaked slides showing that about 84% of women failed the Army Combat Fitness Test, compared with 30% of men."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/19/marine-corps-weighs-lower-standards-for-women-afte/
Marine Corps weighs lower standards for women after none pass Infantry Officer Course

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 10:21:22 AM by Chuck Matheny »

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2023, 08:34:01 PM »
Chuck, basically, what I see going on ....  LL~ S?P VD~

H^^
I tried looking up the failure rates between women and men  in advanced training....like with combat pilot trainig, electronic equipment repair, aircraft maintenance, heavy equipment maintenance and recovery, but those stats are not forthcoming for some reason.
If women were a resounding success in these training programs as compared to men] then you betcha those stats would be forthcoming.

A young lady DID WIN THE BLADDER GRABBER one year and that was no fluke [for her] since I'd flown against her at lesser contests before and she was always very poised and quick. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 08:57:09 PM by Chuck Matheny »

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2023, 10:52:07 PM »

The A10's GAU-8/A 30MM Gatling gun, is brutal. One burst will immobilize any kind of tracked vehicle (destroys the tank's track system) and I believe that the majority of tanks and tracked vehicles were removed from service by the A10's gun, as were the long line of Iraqi vehicles during Desert Storm. The A10's missile array and gravity bombs are primarily used against harden targets.   
Circlepilot   AMA9376

Online John Carrodus

• Commander
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2023, 01:41:41 PM »
Norm, Teodorico may well be right. According to the kill stats of the A10 most tanks were 'killed' by missile. Anything less than a tank is pretty easily shredded by the A10 gun.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2023, 03:31:26 PM »
Norm, Teodorico may well be right. According to the kill stats of the A10 most tanks were 'killed' by missile. Anything less than a tank is pretty easily shredded by the A10 gun.
That is the point I was making earlier.  The weapon of choice for a tank was the Maverick, probably still is.  The gun would certainly immobilize a tank by knocking it's socks off (treads) but not necessarily "kill" any of the newer ones.  I don't think the Afgans had the newer ones, until we left them some.  The 30mm API round can penetrate somewhere between 2 and 3" of armor.  The M1-A1 has around 3 1/2" at it's weakest points.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2023, 10:50:34 PM »

Point noted.  Teodorico's stats are correct,
I guess I should of worded my comment a little different. My point was not "destroyed" but "disabled." And yes the missiles are for taking it out completely. (Hardened Target)
Norm
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 10:10:34 AM by Norm Faith Jr. »
Circlepilot   AMA9376

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2023, 12:15:55 AM »

Most ain't all!!
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2023, 01:01:33 AM »
Point noted.  Teodorico's stats are correct,
I guess I should worded my comment a little different. My point was not "destroyed" but "disabled." And yes the missiles are for taking it out completely. (Hardened Target)
Norm
Good evening Norm...
The actual point to all of this is whether or not it was possible to execute a less "ambitious" plan that was simply designed to safely extract our troops instead of allowing the scene to become a totally  out of control sea of humanity.

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2023, 05:44:52 AM »
  Wow, two pages and counting and not one word about the "builder of the model" rule.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Online Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2023, 06:00:02 AM »
  Wow, two pages and counting and not one word about the "builder of the model" rule.

Perry!! Don't get us started!  %^@ LL~
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2023, 09:24:13 AM »
Do you mean the original intent of this thread? ???

It has come to my attention that the same few are reporting threads that twist their nickers. Get over it! The small minority seeks to impose their ideology on the rest.

The mainstream media has blocked out most of the info I have let play. I have my thoughts on these matters and biases but that is not the reason to let these threads play out. It's to give the opportunity to let the NON-brain dead make up their own mind. I was censored on Twitter the same day as Trump for stating my opinion and found it disgusting.

People point to a thread That Bill Little made years ago that pertained to the Brodak Wars and really was not even approved by me. That has nothing to do with current-day world affairs. I don't want this forum to become a free-for-all but I will allow a few stories not being played by the mainstream media. Just remember we (mostly all) Know each other so choose your words wisely.

It is interesting how the thread took on a new dimension about the meritoriousness of military women aviators and war theater fitness (or lack thereof) of a 4 decades old close support aircraft, when the OP was expressing a frustration over being censored by politically motivated, heavy handed redefinition of abusive posting rules.

Previously, forums were generally apolitical and allowed for contrary views, as long as contents contained no foul language, invasion of privacy or personal attacks, and didn't stray too far off topic. Over the past almost 10 years now, political views or simply expressing facts against the "political narratives" were causes for censorship. Thus, there is no more freedom of expression.

I find the following quote pertaining to the Roman Empire collapse particularly startling: :o

Quote from: Ammianus Marcellinus, 4th century A.D. Roman historian
“The Roman government has become tyrannical and oppressive. People are no longer free to speak their minds or express their opinions without fear of reprisal.”

... coupled with:

Quote from: Salvian, 5th century A.D. Christian writer
“The Roman Empire is ruled by a small group of elites who only care about their own interests. They have no concern for the welfare of the people, and will do anything in their power to maintain their power.”

(For more quotes, see: https://vigilantlinks.com/2023/02/history-is-an-eternal-repetition-here-are-quotes-from-those-who-lived-through-the-fall-of-the-roman-empire/)

I would never expect this in my life time, but I think I am seeing the resurrection of the nearly 2 millennial dead Roman Empire, and return of the dark princes of the Dark Ages. S?P D>K

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here