General control line discussion > Open Forum

Where to buy Balsa

(1/6) > >>

LARRY RICE:
OK! I am not in a panic yet but I am shopping for a new balsa dealer, since Lonestar is not able to fill orders. If you know of a good supplier of balsa at a fair price please let me know and include their phone number.
        When Lonestar is back up and running I will return to them as I have been with them almost 30 years.
Larry

Mike Greb:
I recently received an order of wood from National balsa.  Reasonable service time.   The sheets were not as generous as lonestar.  If anything the 1/16x3x36 was a small fraction of an inch short of the standard 3x36.  Also noticed that one side of many sheets weren't finished very well.
This was the first time that I had ordered from National, and I don't foresee a problem ordering from them while waiting for Lonestar to get back into operation.

john e. holliday:
SIG Mfg has a good assortment of balsa.  I used to buy theirs when a club member had a dealership with them as I could get it in bulk quantities.  Have fun,   DOC Holliday

Randy Powell:
I've ordered from National and found them to be very good. All sheets were well finished in my case and of at least the sized advertized. Not the lightest wood on the planet, but acceptable. I'd order from them again.

steve pagano:
Any one know were to get 4-6 pound balsa?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version