News:

• May 14, 2024, 01:08:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where is the list of all contest that are in the US?  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Where is the list of all contest that are in the US?
« on: January 04, 2011, 05:51:46 PM »
So is there a master list of set contest that happen each year?

I looked on this site, PAMPA, AMA and I can not find a list of contest for the year. HB~>
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Where is the list of all contest that are in the US?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 05:58:45 PM »
Hi Paul....
I generally have the northeast (Districts 1, 2 and eastern 3) posted on my www.richpeabody.com web site. I have notified all that were listed last year and adjusted the dates so that they correspond with the appropriate weekend this year...
I should have something fairly reliable in a couple weeks....
I send the completed schedule to Nikki at Brodaks and keep the site, and Nikki, abreast of changes.....

Control Line World publishes verified information in each issue...

Have fun!

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 05:58:57 PM »
AMA Contest Calendar but they add as sanctions are issued, so you have to check more then once.
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 02:10:58 PM »

I looked on this site, PAMPA, AMA and I can not find a list of contest for the year. HB~>

Sorry, Paul, I have never seen a "Master List' posted anywhere..

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 08:14:28 PM »
You probably have, but that's another story.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 08:22:15 PM »
The AMA calendar at the website lists fly and non-fly events. All sanctioned CL contests would be listed. These are, I imagine, all the major and less major CL contests of the year. A non sanctioned contest would not be covered by AMA insurance. I'm unaware of any non AMA sanctioned CL contest in the USA.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 09:36:15 PM »
You probably have, but that's another story.

Seem to remember you name on that one..........
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 09:50:41 PM »
AMA can only published dates that have been approved by the Contest Coordinators. AMA usually publishes dates are close to the magazine published date. They usually do not cover all dates for a given calender year.

Many coordinators will set aside "traditional" dates unless they have word that the contest will no longer be held. They all make efforts to encourage CDs to get the paperwork in as early as possible.

PAMPA has listed traditional dates in the dates for the entire country.  Check with your Contest Coordinator he will be able to give you both the approved dates and the pending dates.
AMA 7544

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 09:58:40 PM »

The AMA contest calendar is about the closest you can get. One problem I had when I was a District director was that various contest CDs would send me the fliers for their contest a month before the date. Far too late for inclusion in SN or the AMA calendar. I just gave up after a while.

Brett

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 08:48:47 AM »
The passive method doesn't work.  You gotta pester people who put on contests the previous year until they fess up on a date.  Having them reveal the venue is the hard part.  
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:28:10 PM by Howard Rush »
The Jive Combat Team

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 02:50:32 PM »
The passive method doesn't work.  You otta pester people who put on contests the previous year until they fess up on a date.  Having them reveal the venue is the hard part. 

Howard, do we need to update that "other" *Master* list?
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 04:32:11 PM »
Who's we?  What master?
The Jive Combat Team

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »
The AMA was going to quit publishing the contest section in the magazine....cooler heads prevailed however.
A big problem is that CD's, many of whom have run the same contest on the same weekend for decades, do not sanction them until the last minute....meaning that they do not appear in Model Aviation.

Howard can attest that it is like herding cats to try to publish a calendar.....

Have fun!

Offline Hoss Cain

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 10:11:33 AM »
The AMA was going to quit publishing the contest section in the magazine....cooler heads prevailed however.
A big problem is that CD's, many of whom have run the same contest on the same weekend for decades, do not sanction them until the last minute....meaning that they do not appear in Model Aviation.

Howard can attest that it is like herding cats to try to publish a calendar.....

Have fun!

There is a method to get CDs of traditional contests, or any contest/event where date is important, to get off center and apply for a sanction prior to or at the 6-month desired date. The rule is that a sanction cannot be issued prior to 1 year before the date. Traditional event sanctions must be applied for between 1 year and 6 months prior to the date if traditional date preference is to be maintained.

If the traditional-date CD fails to exercise the traditional date option in the first six months then another CD can take the date away and use for another like-event. That usually wakes up the sponsoring Club, group, etc. to the regular CD being a tad lazy to protect the event.

One flaw is that for AMA to honor a sanction application the applying CD must have his/her AMA dues paid for the applicable event year. That can be rectified if the CD is a 2 year member or a Life member. For 2011, early last fall I applied for four Club sanctions simply to get the dates established. Two I will CD, and two will be CDed by other CDs, the change to take place soon. One protects a traditional large IMAC AA event in Sep. One is for a new Big Bird, but the date is established. Two are not of Traditional status as one is a Class A and one is a Class C, yet dates are saved.

EDITED to add; If sanctions are applied for early as possible, then the info will be on AMA's listing, meaning in the MA magazine prior to the event and available for search on the listing. This gives potential contestants more time to plan on attending. IMO a win-win action.

Early on in my military years, I found that rules can be used for one's advantage if one KNOWS the rules. Same for my 28 years as an airline pilot, both FAA and company. It does make life easier.   H^^
Horrace Cain
AMA L-93 CD and Leader
New Caney, TX  (NE Houston area)

steven yampolsky

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »
I should have something fairly reliable in a couple weeks....
Rich, we have tentative dates for District 1 As soon as Lee contest date is set, we'll send you the dates.

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »
Come on Hoss.....let's not take actions that will limit contests!
It's like herding cats to get CD's to respond now! I believe that most are hoping that someone else will step forward to CD!
Have fun!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 07:15:32 AM »
I have not sanctioned a contest for years now as it was the NATS I would either help or be event director.  Trying to get judges ahead of time is a killer in small clubs.  In fact in the radio control club I was never re-embursed for the expenses I incurred.  The nearest control line club I am/will be again is about 70 miles away.  They did let me sanction a fun fly a couple of times.  Can't afford gas to attend meetings now with all the utilities going up again. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline SteveMoon

• 2013 Supporter
  • Captain
    • www.ultrahobbyproducts.com
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »
I have published all of the District 8 contests for 2011 at www.ultrahobbyproducts.com
on the Calendar page.

Steve

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here