News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:19:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What volunteers are needed for PAMPA  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Matt Neumann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
What volunteers are needed for PAMPA
« on: December 20, 2017, 07:49:55 PM »
OK, in a different thread it was discussed as to what volunteers are needed for PAMPA.  I got a list here that I will post since some of you have mentioned you may be able to help.  I am certainly not going to turn down good qualified help.  I will also post a description of the job or at least what I know of it or whom to get in touch with to see if you will be able to fulfill its duties.

First up is the District reps.  The biggest requirement is that you must live in your district.  That is a must.  After that what we are planning is having the rep reports posted on the PAMPA site in the form of blogs.  Before we had to figure out what to write every 2 months.  Sometimes we had a lot, and then there were times when noting really much happened and it was tough to come up with something.  Why do you think I wrote about some of my plastic model exploits.  Anyway, you will be responsible for keeping up with the blog as things happen.  More details on this as things get ironed out.  You will also be responsible for voting on things that come up once in awhile.  We have what I call email meetings.  We just CC each of us in our emails with our two cents worth on subjects that come up.  When a vote does come up we give ample time for everyone to respond.  We would like it if you could make the NATS meeting but if you can't then you can assign a proxy for your place.  This job is really the easiest of the lot.  The writing does not take much time.  And most of us are on social media anyway so it is mot much different than that.

Districts that need directors are:

4  Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia
  7  Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin
  8  Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas
 10 Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Nevada, Utah

If you live in one of these states and would like to take over please let me know.

PAMPA Products.  Ken Armish has stepped down.  This could explain why things are a little slow getting to people right now.  At the moment, the plans service and product service are combined.  We have talked about splitting this up to make things easier for people.  That is one person do plans and another do the other nick nacks and such.  Unfortunately that also means we would like two people instead of one.  However if we can find one that would be willing to take over the whole thing I certainly will not complain.

Secretary/Treasurer and Membership secretary.  At the moment Mike Strand is listed as both.  Ideally we would like to lessen the load and split these.  One thing about this position is a knowledge of accounting is pretty much a must.  If you are interested and feel you are qualified pleas contact me and I will put you in touch with Mike Strand.  He can explain things a lot better than i can.

Advertising Director.  Gene Martine has stepped down from this position.  Let me know if you are interested and I can see about getting in touch with Gene so he can explain this better.

And an editor for SN.  I am not even going to pretend what all is involved with this one.  We are going to go from 100 pages down to 30.  The pages that are taken out of the paper issue will be put on the PAMPA web site.  Like our district reports.  So we are hoping to have the same context so to speak but for less money.  Best person for this job is Bob Hunt.  I am sure he can give you the low down on what is needed.

So again, If you think you are qualified for any of these positions let me know.  If anything is in error, let me know.

Sparky, when you read this, could you stick this to the top please.  I would appreciate it. 
Matt Neumann

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
Re: What volunteers are needed for PAMPA
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 08:31:41 PM »
Like I mentioned in the other post, I was a club Treasurer for 5 years. I'm the current LVCB safety officer. I think I could be qualified to do membership secretary. Or, at the very least, discuss it and go from there. Maybe that could help lessen some work on another person?

Offline Matt Neumann

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 05:38:49 AM »
Like I mentioned in the other post, I was a club Treasurer for 5 years. I'm the current LVCB safety officer. I think I could be qualified to do membership secretary. Or, at the very least, discuss it and go from there. Maybe that could help lessen some work on another person?

Sending you a PM.  Thank you.
Matt Neumann

Offline Matt Neumann

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 10:58:57 AM »
So far I have had a volunteer to try and take over PAMPA products.  I have given the information to the person to get in touch with Ken to see about a transfer of info to get  PAMPA products back up and running, not to mention get caught up.  I don't expect this to be immediate especially with the holidays but hopefully we can get those back on track.

I have a candidate to help out with the Secretary duties.  We shall see how that one goes.  Again information was passed along as to who to contact and see where he best fits in.

The rest is still open. 
Matt Neumann

Offline Matt Neumann

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 08:07:10 PM »
I am happy to report that Matt Colan has volunteered for the job of District 8 rep. 

Thank you Matt!

Now I need someone for the other districts.  Any other takers? 

Please?  With a cherry on top!
Matt Neumann

Offline Mark Weiss

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 03:33:53 PM »
Matt, I can take District 4. I live in Delaware and I am the AMA AVP in this District.
Mark Weiss

Offline Mark Weiss

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 01:30:15 PM »
Matt,

I am not feeling the love!  :)

Did you already get someone else for District 4? Just let me know and thanks for all you do...

Mark

Offline Matt Neumann

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 03:10:04 PM »
Matt,

I am not feeling the love!  :)

Did you already get someone else for District 4? Just let me know and thanks for all you do...

Mark

Sorry for not responding sooner.  I don't look at really any of the forums that much.  Just don't have a lot of time in that regard.  As it turns out Scott has decided to stick around awhile longer after all.  I do appreciate your offer. 

I really need to update the "help wanted" list.  And as it stands I think I got all but two positions filled.  I know I need a District 9 replacement for Dave who took over the VP position.  He has offered to do double duty until we can find a replacement for that one.  I think District 7 is also open.  I believe John Paris is sticking around until a suitable replacement can be found for him.  I think.  I need to get confirmation.  But other than that I have things filled until the end of the current terms at least.  Famous last words I know.

Again thank you for your offer.
Matt Neumann

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here