News:

• April 17, 2024, 08:40:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WHAT MODEL WOULD YOU CHOOSE FOR A ST.46?  (Read 12267 times)

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: WHAT MODEL WOULD YOU CHOOSE FOR A ST.46?
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2021, 10:27:32 AM »
Luciano did not get the credit he deserves for many innovations, nor for his amazing flying talents. To my way of thinking he was among the first to have models that appeared to have a zero-radius turn. Certainly the Tango turned extremely well in Luciano's hands, but the corners the biplane he flew at the 1992 World Championships just had to be seen to be believed. Corners like that have pretty much become the norm throughout the world now, but Luciano was certainly a cornering pioneer.

I only flew in competition once against Luciano and the Tango. He split our USA contingent by taking third at the 1978 World Championships. The rest of the top five that year were Americans. He was oh so close, however to getting that elusive World Championship Gold Medal that year. He and the rest of the Italian FAI F2B Team were extremely gracious to our F2B contingent, inviting us over to their rooms at Carnatic Halls for an authentic pasta dinner (cooked on a burner right in their room). We stuffed ourselves! Afterwards we were all presented gorgeous silk ties. It is something I will never forget. Not just the dinner, but the hospitality, and especially Luciano's flying prowess. He was one of the all-time greats, and I miss him.

Bob Hunt

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2021, 02:55:19 PM »
What Bob Hunt said – ALL TRUE!
While working in Italy, I scheduled my meetings to end on Friday. My company paid all expenses so that I could stay the weekend and fly back to the USA on Monday morning.
This gave me a chance to spend a number of weekends with the Gruppo Modellistico Monzese (Model Aviation Group of Monza) and meet some truly great and interesting modelers.
These included Luciano, Clemente Cappi, Alberto Maggi and Massimo Semoli to name a few.
I was totally mesmerized by their flying skills.
One of the most impressive displays was Luciano flying his Falco biplane. As Bob pointed out, the corners were amazing! When I asked about the cornering capability, I was told that the combination of the lower wing mounted flaps as well and the swept back upper wing leading edge and constant-chord made it possible. He powered it with an OS Surpass 48.

Bob Z.

Offline Pacific Sun

• New Pilot
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2021, 06:46:23 AM »
Hi, Sirs,

I think I have, more or less the same situation as Claudio, I have a ST 21-46 and an ASP 46 abc (still RC), both new, and 35 years after I´m coming back.
And the problem is I do not know really what I want build to flew. I like ALL models !!!  LL~ LL~
Stiletto? Genesis? May be Nobler?
Vortice, Seafang, Rogue, Miss Kell, Genie, Seafang?
Skywriter?
What about Al Rabe's Bearcat, Mustunt, Mustang?
Don´t you think 60'' and 60 oz are too much big and heavy plane for a ST 46?
All opinions are wellcome.
Thank you .

Pacific

Offline John Park

• Agricola
  • Captain
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2021, 09:06:21 AM »
Hi, Sirs,

I think I have, more or less the same situation as Claudio, I have a ST 21-46 and an ASP 46 abc (still RC), both new, and 35 years after I´m coming back.
And the problem is I do not know really what I want build to flew. I like ALL models !!!  LL~ LL~
Stiletto? Genesis? May be Nobler?
If you've got a Super Tigre G21-46 and like the Nobler, how about The Bear (aka the Gieseke Nobler '97)?  I've got a plan that I sometimes unfold and gaze at in awe, but at the moment I haven't got a workbench big enough to accommodate it!
You want to make 'em nice, else you get mad lookin' at 'em!

Offline Shorts,David

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2021, 02:54:03 PM »
I've always been partial to Elle McPherson. I'm not sure she'd like the ST.46 though.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here