News:

• April 27, 2024, 06:52:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MidWest Panther  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Tony Drago

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
MidWest Panther
« on: April 02, 2015, 01:37:33 AM »
Does anyone  know if anyone puts out a laser cut kit of the Midwest Panther. I prefer a kit not the plans to scratch build.
Thank you

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
Re: MidWest Panther
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 03:34:57 AM »
Does anyone  know if anyone puts out a laser cut kit of the Midwest Panther. I prefer a kit not the plans to scratch build.
Thank you

Tony,

I have an original Midwest kit. Doubtful that there was ever a laser cut kit of this model made unless someone made a one off.

dennis

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 06:33:46 AM »
I think I have a Fruitland Florida (not sure if that is the actual manufacturer, but years ago someone down there was making these repro kits) kit of the Panther.  Not laser cut, but great balsa.  You got lots of money?   ;D

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 09:17:39 AM »
 The guys in Fl. made a lot of reproductions in the day. Some good, some so-so and some bad. Also was another in  Inverness Fl. Just thought that in todays world of laser cutting that someone might be offering one. If not then I'll settle for a Midwest kit. There is one on Ebay but it just doesn't look right contents wise.
Thanks for your in put.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 10:03:14 AM »
The guys in Fl. made a lot of reproductions in the day. Some good, some so-so and some bad. Also was another in  Inverness Fl. Just thought that in todays world of laser cutting that someone might be offering one. If not then I'll settle for a Midwest kit. There is one on Ebay but it just doesn't look right contents wise.
Thanks for your in put.

Tony,

Is this the kit? Handsom model.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-PANTHER-SUPER-STUNTER-MODEL-AIRPLANE-KIT-Balsa-Wood-MIDWEST-PRODUCTS-IN-/261804451977?nma=true&si=lOWovzeu%252FtbGzmkNbwelCPJJ%252BrI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_338wt_870

Didn't sell for a great deal of $$$. Could have been a beginning.

Good luck.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 10:04:49 AM »
Well, it's a pretty airplane but not so hot as a flier...probably why there isn't a lot of interest in kitting it.  I built a couple of the original Kenhi kits a long time ago and thought it wasn't a very good flier, and my standards weren't even very high then.  Bob Whitely built one for VSC quite a few years ago and He didn't fly it very much...Wing too thin and too much sweep back for relatively close coupling.

Of course this is just my opinion, your result may be different...but I doubt it!   n~ %^@

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 12:03:03 PM »
Well, it's a pretty airplane but not so hot as a flier...probably why there isn't a lot of interest in kitting it.  I built a couple of the original Kenhi kits a long time ago and thought it wasn't a very good flier, and my standards weren't even very high then.  Bob Whitely built one for VSC quite a few years ago and He didn't fly it very much...Wing too thin and too much sweep back for relatively close coupling.

Of course this is just my opinion, your result may be different...but I doubt it!   n~ %^@

Randy Cuberly

I flew my first 550 flight with a Kenhi Panther. Very attractive IMHO but that sharp LE is deadly for squares and stalling. The Midwest version was improved aerodynamically but suffered aesthetically, again IMHO. I have plans for both and may try the MW version and try to camoflage the changes somehow.

I enjoyed the Kenhi after I got used to it and flew it inside it's envelope, pushing the envelope was madness.
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here