blank
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 06:31:52 PM by Motorman »

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: What Did You Do at the Field Today
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 05:25:40 PM »
   Anyone with a wife/kids and a mother still living, and having a right mind, was no where hear the flying field today!

I went yesterday and got a few flights in at an alternative flying site since our field is back open yet. 

This morning, I went with my big brother and visited my family grave site where my Mom and his wife (my sister in-law) are buried. The rest of the day was just spent hanging around the house, watched the ball game a bit with my wife, then sanded some on the clear of a new model.

Type at you later,
         Dan McEntee
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:06:31 PM by Dan McEntee »
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Don Chandler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 06:51:12 PM »
Being mothers day I stayed with my wife and 2 stepsons. However my riding lawn mower is waiting for a new starter to arrive by UPS so it wouldn't have made any difference anyway. And we have had a bunch of wind here.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 07:17:25 PM »
Flew my Strega 3 times. Fun.
Then went and did two shows (away from field!)
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 08:40:08 PM »
No thoughts of flying with the wind we are having.  After Church was BBQ pic nic at number 1 daughters place with most of the family.

Did drive by the circle Friday and Dave is doing great job on it.   By the way I can fly if some one hooks up the lines, starts engine and launches for me.   Not having use of left hand is getting to me. n~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline John Craig

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 09:53:46 AM »
I bent the fuselage on my CoreHouse RST practicing overhead eights. It just quickly got behind me & yard darted into the VERYYYYY DRYYYY & hard ground here in FL.
The plan is: clean, engine & gear removal, inspect & clean engine, clean plane again, epoxy & clamp together as it should be, put it all back together very early tomorrow, fly tomorrow at 07:00.  After all, it is just a Combat Plane that thinks it is a PAMPA Stunt Plane.  I recommend it highly for learning & sport.

JEC

Mission accomplished: repaired RST flew 5/16/17 till the heat & FL Sun sent me packing.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:56:05 AM by John Craig »

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 11:51:07 AM »
After my morning shop n coffee n forum time.
I pulled down all Three RSTs, checked hardware, dusted off grime, picked one to add for this mid week flying--- and loaded it next to a Ringmaster and Combat wing in the SUV

Then I pinged all of my wife's children and REMINDED them

Later I brought her a cold one on the front patio
A little Later I created Father Fred's famous meat lovers scratch built pizza but forgot she loves pepperoncini on top

All in all, I made sure my lady had a good day and was loved... 33+ years and she still does not know she is my "stooge"... several times a month

But hey....what do you call the guy who helps sandwich three layers of cloth into a 108" x 120" quilt?... Dunno...but I frequently hear... "Jesus Fred! Hold it tight!"

"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 07:27:31 PM »
I'll tell you on "Fathers" day!  LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Jerry

PS: In other words; took care of the wife! y1

Offline Roy DeCamara

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 11:27:49 PM »
Why, you old rascal!!! <= <=

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 08:13:40 AM »
Why, you old rascal!!! <= <=

LL~ LL~ LL~    You know me pretty well Bub! I gotta give you a call. Are you in Wa. or Az.?

Jerry

Offline mike waldron

• 21 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 12:23:43 PM »
4-Flights at sunrise this morning..   Perfect Air....  Then work..  I have a very understanding Boss..  (Me). 4-more tonight before sunset..  Best air or the day here at those times..  Same tomorrow..  Then heading to South Carolina Triple Tree Aero dome for Joe Nall contest..  The coolest airplane place on the planet! 

Mike

Offline Don Chandler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 12:21:30 PM »
Stood there and watched and listened as the wind blew. Mowed it in the wind yesterday hoping for a better day today, but it was not to be.

Offline John Craig

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 01:19:32 PM »
05/20/17

We moved the flying field. After more than 30 years at one field, Shade Tree, primarily an R/C club with a few C/L members lost their field.  The land was sold to a horse lady.  Hence it is now horse pasture.

We were blessed & quickly found another site about 9 miles away.  Work started a bit before 08:00 & by 11:00 we had everything moved, a dedication ceremony with a proper toast, the grass being cut & by 12:00 aircraft in the air.  We already have $$ pledges for a new shelter, plans to bring in water & electric to the shelter.

It was a Good Day!

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 02:52:51 PM »
Today, 5/21/17, I went to the flying field and was discouraged to see it full of base ball players and NO flyers.  ???
Did a quick U-Turn and went home. Maybe next week..........

Jerry

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2017, 09:15:23 PM »
Wondered what to do with an irrigation connection that sticks up too far.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 09:48:39 AM »
Hi y'all!  Well actually this happened this past Saturday.  Our little group had agreed to hold a "Go Fast & Turn Left Event"  ;D!  Now you have to understand none of us are spring chickens by any means but we decided to just bring whatever we have, go as fast as we could, and see who's still able to stand up  LL~!  It was a hoot ;D!  It was laid back, no pressure, just fun and good hearted ribbing!  As for the calculations, I used the speed calculator on the NCLRA site.  It appears to accept what ever measurement one has in feet and inches times the number of laps.  How exact is it .... I don't know but for our "fun" purposes, it's good enough.  As you can see, each pilot's lines were measured c/l of plane to c/l of handle and then flew flights where 6 laps of each flight were timed.  For the purposes of verification, although I didn't record it, I even rounded the lengths up and down to the nearest foot times the number of laps and the calculator reflected the differences, so I figured it was good enough for our little event  ;).

As for the number of laps .... I dunno  ???.... we agreed on 6 .... why? .... it just seemed like the thing to do :-\!  I certainly could have been 10 laps !  Guess we need someone around who knows what they're doing, to "lead the blind"  LL~.  I wanted to use the Perky/Fox Speed spreadsheet that Fred Cronenwitt developed but it depends on a consistent line length and we didn't press each other for that at this time.

Here's the results and unless there are any protest, we will extend the contest an additional week for the sake of those who were unable to participate this week.

Offline Chris Fretz

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 02:25:50 PM »
Nothing... cause the wind keeps blowing the trees sideways.
Formerly known as #Liner
AMA 1104207
Advanced

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 06:52:04 PM »
Flew in a contest.  5th out of five, but it was the best flying I've ever done.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Chris Fretz

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 07:32:36 PM »
Flew in a contest.  5th out of five, but it was the best flying I've ever done.
Shoulders doing better?
Formerly known as #Liner
AMA 1104207
Advanced

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 09:07:11 PM »
Shoulders doing better?

Kinda.  The shoulder is still obviously not right, but holding my arm more like Brett Buck instead of Paul Walker lets me fly without whacking it out.  And I was flying the Atlantis today, at 64 ounces.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 10:15:24 PM »
Went flying today with Gordan Delaney, Roger Kramar and Jim Rhoades.  I got in several flights.  Getting more comfortable with the new plane.  Good progress.
Gordan was flying his profile Pathfinder in particularly good form today.  Jim had his Apteryx flying well following his classic win at NWR.  Roger's Pathfinder flew great as well.  All in all it was a great day at the park.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Fred Quedenfeld jr

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 08:19:56 AM »
Watched several diesel powered stunters fly at Boathouse park in Hershey Pa   
They flew well once properly adjusted
Fred Quedenfeld

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 09:36:51 AM »
I went to the contest at Woodland with many Stunthangar notables present. Got in 4 flights, overran on my first official flight because I couldn't get my (nearly new after a refurbish) engine to start, but got a good second flight. Engine runs very well once I got my 20-year-old pipe de-leaked (which took most of Saturday afternoon). Had a very good time.

Bobs you Uncle got in his two flights after he grudgingly admitted that "stock engine with a 9-4 APC" ran better than an "improved" version, came in second in his class.

Brett

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 12:06:48 PM »
What class does Bob's Your Uncle fly in? "Too Classy" or "Lack Of Class"? Always wondered after I saw him slice the outboard wing off his Strega (on a post) in Clovis many years past. Met Larry ("King of MonoKote") that same day. Ah, great memories...  :-\ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 12:55:24 PM »
What class does Bob's Your Uncle fly in? "Too Classy" or "Lack Of Class"?

The height of class, at all times. You have to remember that as an International Man of Mystery, he is expected to conduct himself at the highest standards at all times - regardless of the rather rudimentary social and etiquette skills of his associates.

Flying stunt, he flies in Intermediate.

Brett

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2017, 01:43:27 PM »
      - regardless of the rather rudimentary social and etiquette skills of his associates. 

Brett

What are you trying to say Mr. Buck?????

Larry, Buttafucco Stunt Team

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2017, 10:51:33 PM »
Well finally had a vehicle to go fly.  Dropped Grand daughter off at her job and went to the field.  Yes it was windy when I got there and the grass sure grows after a rain shower and thunder storm.   Used drivers floor mat to get planes launching pad. So I test ran an engine that is finally breaking in.  Wind felt like it was laying down so out came the lines and the new stooge device I got from Brodaks for the trike geared planes.  Getting used to it flying the tail draggers.   Third flight of doing the old time pattern and the old Fox quit as it was going into the intersection of the over head eight.  Man that thing fell like a rock as there was very little breeze to help it.  It is in many pieces.  So I flew the Vagabond and with no wind it was very touchy on the controls.   Moved the pushrod out on the elevator horn and it helped a little.  Then it was time to go get her from work.  Don't know how they figure to make money working only 4 hours a day.

By the way there were people with their dirt bikes running up and down the Levee.   As long as they stay off the circle, let them have fun.  Also seen why way to circle was blocked off for a few days.   Man there are or was some big trees across the road.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2017, 11:02:55 PM »
What are you trying to say Mr. Buck?????

Oh, nothing. Interesting that you should assume that this meant something else, though.

Brett

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 01:54:28 AM »
   Oh, nothing. Interesting that you should assume that this meant something else, though.

Brett

Well Mr. Buck, its no secret that you are pushing for that number one spot on the "Top Ten Smartass' in Stunt" list.
Well played.
And its also well  known that with my win, in the "World Famous Fox .15 Hurl" last year, I am now tied with you with four titles.
I know your tactics and I know what a competitor you are, I have judged you and the best dozens of times.
 But just so you know, You better  bring your best to the Meet and Meat. I have been Hurling three times a week and I wont let the "Clash of the Titans" go lightly.
I feel sorry for those that wont be there to witness history.
That being said, you and I both need to take Robert Harness seriously. He has three titles to his name and I know he would love to have his name along side you and I.

I see records being broken come August and everyone on the west coast should be there to witness this.

Larry, Buttafucco Stunt Team 

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 08:42:07 PM »
And its also well  known that with my win, in the "World Famous Fox .15 Hurl" last year, I am now tied with you with four titles.
I know your tactics and I know what a competitor you are, I have judged you and the best dozens of times.
 But just so you know, You better  bring your best to the Meet and Meat. I have been Hurling three times a week and I wont let the "Clash of the Titans" go lightly.
I feel sorry for those that wont be there to witness history.

It will indeed be glorious. Not since Ali-Frasier, or perhaps Hector VS Achilles, has such a clash been met.

Brett

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here