News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:24:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Weaponized Drones  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Jim Catevenis

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Weaponized Drones
« on: October 11, 2018, 12:52:20 PM »
Have you seen this article concerning the terrorists latest weapon. I am surprised this has not surfaced sooner.

Go to this link: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/drones-may-be-terrorists-next-tool-of-choice-as-fbis-wray-warns-of-escalating-threat

JCAT
JCAT

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Weaponized Drones
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 02:42:33 PM »
Have you seen this article concerning the terrorists latest weapon. I am surprised this has not surfaced sooner.

Go to this link: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/drones-may-be-terrorists-next-tool-of-choice-as-fbis-wray-warns-of-escalating-threat

JCAT

Sooner? Since our military has been attacking terrorists with armed drones for at least a decade, they'd have to be idiots not to see that they could potentially do the same. I think they're crazy, but not idiots...at least some of them aren't...the smart ones are not the ones that get shot or bombed, most of the time.

I'd be more worried about large-ish scale electric R/C cars straight from our hobby dealers. Able to carry larger payload and run under limos, SUV's and seem relatively quick and difficult to stop. That said, I'm not sure this topic should be anywhere online, but especially here on SH.  D>K Steve

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 06:47:29 PM »

That said, I'm not sure this topic should be anywhere online, but especially here on SH.  D>K Steve

Agreed, SH is not a good place for this discussion, the BIG MAN is likely watching.  n1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 10:32:52 PM »
Since our military has been attacking terrorists with armed drones for at least a decade, they'd have to be idiots not to see that they could potentially do the same.

Its been going on for awhile.  Seen it firsthand.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 11:13:23 AM »
So called drones are not the only thing to be or can be used to destroy things.  Remember Oklahoma City the destruction there.   I was on my way home from telephone school when that happened.  To me it is the media stirring up trouble. S?P
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 01:29:16 PM »
For many years now... after 911..I have resisted publishing how stupid the terrorists really are and HOW I could completely disrupt American life

and here on an open public forum I still resist....

I am quite certain all the school shootings, after the first one...are all COPY CATS

There are thousands of You tube videos for making rocket motors and black powder for muzzle loaders

all the ingredients are common and easy and cheap to acquire

Internet is full of actual IED discovery, diagnosis, render safe, and near 100% description of the various triggers...simple to very sophisticated with anti tamper circuits well explained....

I personally do not mind publishing this here...becaus it is legal for me to do
My 2.5 acre Micro Ranch... in any @#$% hits the fan scenario will be defended on mny layers...just like we defended a fire base in a combat zone
That means I have replicated MY version of a Clay More Mine, have then stored, and ready to deploy as necessary

This post alone just key word alerted Home Land or NSA...they will investigate me...grin AGAIN... I bet by now they see these rants and some drone tells his cubby mate...That Fred is talking @#$% again....

"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • The physics of flight releases the soul.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 06:29:10 PM »
The non-stop, trans-Atlantic, RC flight that took place right after 911...no doubt, raised a lot of significant eyebrows. Quite the feat to accomplish...poor timing.
Norm
Circlepilot   AMA9376

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here