News:

• April 24, 2024, 07:45:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Waz-up?  (Read 1298 times)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Waz-up?
« on: November 20, 2006, 04:40:44 PM »
Did everyone go to sleep here lately?  HB~>
AMA 12366

Offline Zuriel Armstrong

• Captain
Re: Waz-up?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 04:50:52 PM »
It may be that some of us are trying to do 5 or 6  days work into 3 for the holidays.  I peek in from time to time to see what's going on.
Zuriel Armstrong
AMA 20932

Offline Bill Gruby

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 05:46:43 PM »
Robert;

Still here, just sittin back waiting for something to happen????

As a heads up I talked to Wayne Willey aka wwwarbird on the phone today, say he's keeping busy and everything is OK. Says he'll try to check in from time to time.

Been collecting balsa to build Don Hutchinsons P-38 this winter.

Thats about it.

Bill Gruby y1 y1 y1 y1 y1 y1
Bill Gruby
AMA 94433
MECA 5393-10

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 07:27:30 PM »
New Jersey is a happening place of late. We saw John Brodak over the weekend...visited hobby shops, scored a bunch of OTS plans, ate and enjoyed. Sunday we had a terrific Swap Meet / Forum.....lots of great buys, ranging from Pro-Stunt type planes and engines to clapped out Ringmasters and Fox 35's.

The Forum was terrific as well....Bob Hunt gave a presentation about "lost foam" wing construction, including an I-beamer....Noel "we have the technology" Drindak gave a super provocative piece on keeping weight down....his last Kestral weighed 50 ounces with a PA .65, and his new one will be a bit lighter with a .76! Great stuff....it will be in SNews.

Today I had lunch with Winfred "the Bagwan of Dope finishing" Urtnowski, Joe "Mr. Awesome" Adamusco, Rich "Mr. STUKA" Giacobone and Rich "RO Jett" Oliver.....they had been flying the new .90 that Rich is producing....

It's 30 degrees as I type....

Eric Viglione

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 08:00:30 PM »
Well, shot the clear on the Avanti this weekend, glued the elevators on and wrapped the lead outs last night. Flaps went on tonight and installed the tank & plumbing.

Tomorrow I'll bolt in the power train and rig the rudder, maybe bench trim it if I have time.  Hope to test fly it at Phil Coopy's fly-in. Gonna bring a couple of planes, will be happy just to get the initial trim flight over with then switch planes for the remainder of the day if need be.

Later,
Eric V

Offline Vincent Corwell

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 06:49:45 AM »
Im not asleep, but winter building.......
too busy building to spend time on puter

when have time will post some local,personal news n pix

Vincent

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 07:02:57 AM »
AND, after the  swap meet (as usual, an EXCELLENT job by the GSCB), we went over the the field to do some flying.   y1

Windy and Rich showed up with Jose Modesto's Patternmaster with the RoJett .90 and everyone took it for a ride.  j1

A really powerful  and surprisingly economical setup, needing around 6 ounces for the pattern. What really impressed me is the way the engine delivered the power - very smooth and steady with just the right break to keep it out without excessive speed and virtually no wind-up.

And, the pull was just right. I really expected to be dragged around the field but instead, it was just plain delightful to fly.

I have a feeling that this engine will start turning heads soon. Looks like a winner.

We also got to fly my Brodak/Kirn Stinger and it get's better every time I use it. The Fox .35 running Brodak 10/23 fuel is as good as it gets.  ;D

And, of course, the Red Hot Angel. This little Musciano design is a treat to fly. Fast and remarkably nimble, more people should try it, just for fun. Mike and Dan took it for a ride and really enjoyed it.  j1

Bob Z.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here