News:

• April 24, 2024, 06:16:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Want to Fly Like David Fitzgerald?  (Read 2313 times)

Online Dennis Nunes

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Want to Fly Like David Fitzgerald?
« on: August 12, 2022, 05:33:30 PM »
So do you want to fly and compete like the 13-time AMA National Control Line Precision Aerobatic Champion David Fitzgerald?

Then you need to eat like a 13-time champion. The food of choice for breakfast? A bowl of Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch cereal.

Yes folks, I have it on good authority that a bowl full of this cereal will make you fly just like David Fitzgerald. Don’t be fooled by any other imitations, Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch cereal *IS* the ‘Breakfast of Champions’.

Now for the opportunity of a lifetime. For a fortunate individual who may be a collectors of classic memorabilia, here is your chance to be the proud owner of such a unique and priceless item – The genuine empty box of David’s beloved Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch cereal. The buyer will receive this magnificent cereal box autographed by the 13-time National Champion.

A certificate of authenticity could be made available from the Deputy Commissioner (self-appointed), and currently, Acting Maximum Leader of the World-Famous Fox 15 Hurl, the Honorable Mr. Brett Buck (though he hasn’t agreed to this or even know about it).

This unique collector’s box can be yours for a mere asking price of $1,000.00. Hurry – I’m sure this will sell fast!

However, for us less fortunate individuals, you can still be like Mr. Fitzgerald. Go to your nearest grocery store and buy a box of your own Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch cereal Yes, you can be just like the 13-time National Champion ––– David Fitzgerald.

Enjoy,
Dennis

Offline John McFayden

• Commander
Re: Want to Fly Like David Fitzgerald?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 06:09:45 PM »
Wow, that seems easier than all that trimming stuff Brett is always suggesting. Any idea how many boxes of this wonder cereal I need to eat?

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 06:21:14 PM »
Wow, that seems easier than all that trimming stuff Brett is always suggesting. Any idea how many boxes of this wonder cereal I need to eat?

You will get through about 1/2 a bowl before the roof of your mouth is shredded.

Brett

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 07:09:11 PM »
Wow, that's counterintuitive. With a name like Cap'n Crunch, it seems like it should make you crash a lot. Apparently that's not the case... I'd suspect either Fruit Loops or Quaker Oat Squares may work even better.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 08:36:51 PM »
I knew those top flyers had secrets.

Offline Tim Just

• 21 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 09:26:38 PM »
Brett,
Soaking Captain Crunch in 2% milk for 3.4 minutes prior to consumption reduces the material (not sure CC qualifies as food) from a Rockwell Hardness Rating of 60 to a very manageable Shore A 10.   

After David’s victory in Muncie, I am curious when we will see his face on the box? 

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 10:22:50 PM »
After David’s victory in Muncie, I am curious when we will see his face on the box?

WAY ahead of you there - the crew of the Guppy consists of Alfie, Dave, Brunhilda, and Carlyle. And of course, Seadog. So he beat us all to it by about 60 years. Look familiar?:

Brett

p.s. I note that this was all on TV, so, naturally...

Online Dennis Nunes

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 10:54:30 PM »

The crew of the Guppy consists of Alfie, Dave, Brunhilda, and Carlyle.

Now you done it. The names and now this picture brought back some dark memories...

It's still not as bad seeing a so called "grown man" (I use that term loosely) lifting a bowl of cereal to his face and shoveling in Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch. I just can't get that picture out of my head!  n1

Dennis

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 11:01:29 PM »
It's still not as bad seeing a so called "grown man" (I use that term loosely) lifting a bowl of cereal to his face and shoveling in Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch. I just can't get that picture out of my head! 

Particularly when I proved beyond a shadow of a doubt in 2006 that *biscuits and gravy* is the Breakfast of Champions.

Makes his success even more impressive!

Brett

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2022, 11:14:14 PM »

LL~ LL~ LL~
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Shorts,David

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2022, 12:34:32 AM »

WAY ahead of you there - the crew of the Guppy consists of Alfie, Dave, Brunhilda, and Carlyle. And of course, Seadog. So he beat us all to it by about 60 years. Look familiar?:

Brett

p.s. I note that this was all on TV, so, naturally...

Now if you can get Dave to sign the figurine they made of him, we'll be in business. I notice the elbow bent and right hand lifted, probably performing an inside loop. I note the left hand not in his pocket, but close, tucked behind his back. Especially the face of pure concentration, just like David.

Offline Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2022, 05:14:53 AM »
This whole time I thought I just needed to copy his fuel delivery system and rent his NVA for the week
Matt Colan

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2022, 08:42:44 AM »
   I much prefer the Regular Capt. Crunch. I like peanut butter also but don't care to mix the two. I think I'll go have me a bowl right now since we are all talking about it.
  Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Online Dennis Nunes

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2022, 08:59:06 AM »

Ask no more. Here it is right off the Quaker Oats Company production line. Cap'n Dave's Peanut Butter Crunch. Coming to a grocery store near you...

Dennis

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2022, 09:19:17 AM »
Wow, that's counterintuitive. With a name like Cap'n Crunch, it seems like it should make you crash a lot. Apparently that's not the case... I'd suspect either Fruit Loops or Quaker Oat Squares may work even better.

I like this!! Hahahaha!!
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2022, 10:20:40 AM »
Ugh! If this is what it takes I’m going back to sailplanes…
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline John McFayden

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2022, 10:34:15 AM »
Here is an update.

One bowl is not enough. I tried a bowl full this morning and then went flying. Bottoms still too high  :(

Of course I used a spoon. I did not hold the bowl to my face and shovel it in as Dennis noted. Brett is always warning us to follow exactly the procedures. My fault.

Will try again tomorrow and report  y1

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2022, 10:58:56 AM »
HEY! HEY! HEY! GIMMIE A BREAK!!! (ooops! poor choice of words there)

If any once in a while Nats Stunt champion deserves the name Captain Crunch it's yours truly!!!  NOBODY...I repeat...NOBODY with an occasional Walker Cup Home Visitation record has crashed more airplane at the National Championships than yours truly!!!

BESIDES WHICH!!! Nobody taught Mr....er...uh...'scuse me...Captain...Fitzgerald more about crashing otherwise somewhat competitive airplanes than Ted Fancher!!  Fitz just isn't as good at it!!!

Ted "Champion of Shredded Nats Balsa" Fancher
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 01:14:19 PM by Ted Fancher »

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2022, 12:39:20 PM »
You can't mention biscuits and gravy without acknowledging the famous Nats winning racing team of "Biscuits and Gravy", Bill Bischoff and Mike Greb. We've been Biscuits and Gravy for over 30 years!

Offline John McFayden

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2022, 12:58:53 PM »
Wow, that's counterintuitive. With a name like Cap'n Crunch, it seems like it should make you crash a lot. Apparently that's not the case.

Counterintuitive. There are people that can design a plane and boldly name it Impact. No fear whatsoever. I could confidently name a new design Divot. mw~

Online Dennis Nunes

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2022, 11:48:58 AM »
This whole time I thought I just needed to copy his fuel delivery system and rent his NVA for the week
He fooled you, didn't he!   LL~ LL~ LL~

Dennis

Offline Roy DeCamara

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2022, 12:00:10 PM »
As for names, how about Concrete  Pile Driver or for the gents on grass and I mean lawn,  Post Hole Digger.  <= <= <=

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2022, 12:19:37 PM »
I was strongly considering naming my new design "Tinker Bell" from all of the gadgets I have been playing with on it. :!
Then I thought about the Nose Art, then I thought about my wife and dropped the idea entirely. mw~

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline John McFayden

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2022, 01:57:37 PM »
I kind of thought by now Ted would have educated us with one of his famous 1,000 word dissertations describing the pros and cons of both Fruit Loops and Capt'n Crunch as a stunt pilot breakfast food, with diagrams! Maybe above in At the Handle.

Offline Warren Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2022, 07:03:04 PM »
I'm thinking he eats it because the capt'n on the box looks a lot like Capt'n Ted, kind of like the first time I met Paul Walker
I shook his hand for a uncomfortable amount of time hoping something would rub off.
W.W.

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2022, 08:49:36 PM »
HEY! HEY! HEY! GIMMIE A BREAK!!! (ooops! poor choice of words there)

If any once in a while Nats Stunt champion deserves the name Captain Crunch it's yours truly!!!  NOBODY...I repeat...NOBODY with an occasional Walker Cup Home Visitation record has crashed more airplane at the National Championships than yours truly!!!

BESIDES WHICH!!! Nobody taught Mr....er...uh...'scuse me...Captain...Fitzgerald more about crashing otherwise somewhat competitive airplanes than Ted Fancher!!  Fitz just isn't as good at it!!!

Ted "Champion of Shredded Nats Balsa" Fancher

Well, if he keeps flying that OLD beast of his  he might join your club!

Offline 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2022, 09:12:37 PM »
As for names, how about Concrete  Pile Driver or for the gents on grass and I mean lawn,  Post Hole Digger.  <= <= <=

Wow! I fly over concrete when I'm not crash-landing into it. May I use your name on the nose of my planes? I like it...Pile Driver. And I won't even consider the stinky overtones that could be hung on a poorly finished model, or pilot.
 H^^

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2022, 09:43:07 PM »
How 'bout "Jackhammer"?

Offline Bill Schwagerman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2022, 09:47:37 PM »
Went to buy the SuperFitz Crunch today and there's already a supply chain issue so no 600 point patterns for me this week.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2022, 10:54:07 PM »
Went to buy the SuperFitz Crunch today and there's already a supply chain issue so no 600 point patterns for me this week.

You have to ask yourself if it is worth it, because that stuff is *nasty* .

Brett

Offline Bill Schwagerman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2022, 07:26:33 AM »

Brett

Ok, I think I'll stick with Bran Flakes and a intermediate level pattern!

Online Dennis Nunes

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2022, 09:13:10 AM »
According to the website IIBFY https://www.isitbadforyou.com/questions/is-capn-crunch-bad-for-you, Cap’n Crunch is given a *F* (I would guess that Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch has to be worst)

Again, according to IIBFY, the short answer:
Cap’n Crunch is bad for you. The cereal contains an unhealthy amount of sugar, which causes problems as minor as a mid-morning crash... and as serious as obesity. It is also made with controversial food coloring and preservatives that have been linked to cancer.

Possible short-term side effects: headache, irritability

Possible long-term side effects: obesity, cancer, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, heart disease

So Brett, Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch is not only *nasty* - This stuff can *kill* you! WARNING: Eat this cereal at your own risk!

Obviously, Mr. Fitzgerald is wired differently than the average person and is somehow oblivious to the side effects.

I guess we should be grateful that we can be an average Joe Bellcrank, a mere-mortal human being.  LL~ LL~

Dennis

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2022, 10:07:17 AM »

So Brett, Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch is not only *nasty* - This stuff can *kill* you! WARNING: Eat this cereal at your own risk!

In the spirit of full disclosure, I grew up eating Cap'n Crunch - the regular kind. Never hurt me, made me what I am today - snapping back from near-fatal diseases in hours/days. I haven't had it in 40+ years.

It's not that good for you - although the above is way over the top, sounds like it was written by a vegan or hippy. It definitely shreds the roof of your mouth. But putting in the artificial peanut butter flavor on top of whatever "non-toxic" plastic or whatever they do to keep it crunchy crosses the line. Unless you like projectile vomiting.

Brett

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2022, 10:56:46 AM »
According to the website IIBFY https://www.isitbadforyou.com/questions/is-capn-crunch-bad-for-you, Cap’n Crunch is given a *F* (I would guess that Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch has to be worst)

Cap’n Crunch is bad for you. The cereal contains an unhealthy amount of sugar, which causes problems as minor as a mid-morning crash... and as serious as obesity. It is also made with controversial food coloring and preservatives that have been linked to cancer.

Possible long-term side effects: obesity, cancer, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, heart disease

Obviously, Mr. Fitzgerald is wired differently than the average person and is somehow oblivious to the side effects.

I guess we should be grateful that we can be an average Joe Bellcrank, a mere-mortal human being.  LL~ LL~

Dennis

But in the people's Republic of California, they have this warning on EVERYTHING!. People must be sustaining themselves by eating the boxes that everything comes in!  The biggest problem with Cap'n Crunch, along with many, ,many other cereals, is the way they bag it! It is such a pain in the a$$ to get the inner bag open because all the cereal companies seem to use this film we used to refer to as DSF back in my days working in the packaging industry. Back when we were kids, the inner package was MUCH easier to open, reclose, and when you poured a bowl, the whole damn thing didn't come out at you! Preserving freshness isn't an excuse because if a kid liked it, the remains in the box didn't stay around long enough to get stale! The same is also true today. But the cereal companies gotta play the games that all the government agencies dictate to protect us! I learned a lot about this stuff working in the contract packaging business. I swear that there are people in certain places who make it their personal business to see how many people they can @#$% off!
   I had a brimming bowl of Cap'n Crunch for breakfast, and since it's lunch time, I'm gonna go have something else that I'm not supposed to eat, just hafta figure out what that is yet!
    Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2022, 11:11:07 AM »
It doesn't matter what you eat, if you have the talent you can be a winner by getting more practice with a good coach.  Also if you do the internet like I do no matter what you eat some one will say it is bad for you and the next person will say its good for you  But since I had my minor stroke a few years ago I now limit my self to no sugar,  no salt.  Now they won't let me drive so I can't do my Stake&Shake. D>K

By the way I am now limited on dairy products as it screws up my sinuses. ???
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2022, 07:51:26 PM »
David is missing an opportunity here for a "Name - Image - Likeness" contract or to become an "influencer". And, frankly, he could be the new, live-action Horatio Magellan Crunch. Of course, as his agent (self-appointed), I get 10%.

Dennis can be the new, live-action, Jean Lafoote (his mortal enemy).

Brett

Offline Bill Schwagerman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2022, 08:58:14 PM »
David is missing an opportunity here for a "Name - Image - Likeness" contract or to become an "influencer". And, frankly, he could be the new, live-action Horatio Magellan Crunch. Of course, as his agent (self-appointed), I get 10%.

Brett

So Dave's 2023 NATS plane will then be called Guppy?

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2022, 09:01:04 PM »

Can you think of a better way to monetize stunt?

Brett

Online Dennis Nunes

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
Want to Fly Like David Fitzgerald?
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2022, 09:04:04 PM »

Arr Matie!

Offline Bill Schwagerman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2022, 06:46:29 AM »

Can you think of a better way to monetize stunt?

Brett

Agreed! Could also be Starguppy or Thunderguppy, eh?

Online Dennis Nunes

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2022, 07:04:18 AM »

Agreed! Could also be Starguppy or Thunderguppy, eh?
Thunder Guppy --- I like that!  y1 y1 y1

Dennis
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 09:13:44 AM by Dennis Nunes »

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2022, 09:08:46 AM »

Dennis

It has been well documented that everything causes cancer in California. Why would Cap'n Crunch cereal be any different?  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2022, 09:12:44 AM »

Nah, "S.S. Minnow". Gilligan would be so proud...   D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2022, 01:51:39 PM »

"Skidmark" beats those by several inches, Roy!  LL~ Steve

Offline Jim Benzinger

• New Pilot
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2022, 10:11:42 PM »
"Crunch Berry"

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2022, 11:50:05 AM »