News:

• April 23, 2024, 09:12:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Burn out  (Read 1078 times)

Offline GEOFFREY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Northwest Fireballs
Burn out
« on: September 16, 2011, 10:48:32 AM »
How to avoid officer's of your club  getting burn out? as most people i like to leave the important thinking to "someone else will do it" that is when most groups lose there REASON to be apart of this great hobby. we are lucky to have the groups put on the contests so we have a little more reasons to travel for the mostly friendship and a  little flying.. we must thank all the officers and people who struggle to keep this hobby vibrant   Geoffrey  out to the park
GEOFFREY L CHRISTIANSON  AMA 824607             DELTA PARK Portland Or.

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Re: Burn out
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 12:21:03 PM »
Geoffrey,
I think the reward you get out of anything is what you invest. You may not want to be an officer, but you can always ask to help. This way you will have that one person who is responsible, but the burden is lifted off them a little bit so maybe the burn out will not happen.

Give Leo a big old hug for me, and tell Bill, Scott and Richard we said howdy!

Is Art still flying? Have not heard a peep from him in awhile.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 12:51:05 PM »
It's very important not to make smart-ass comments when people are getting a bit too detail oriented with rules discussions. ;)

Aside from that I try* not to stick my oar in unless I have something valid to say, I try to help out as much as my insane schedule allows, and I pretty much try to just go along with what the group wants to do, even if it's out of step with what I'd do if I were king.

* I said "try".  That's different from "succeed".
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 05:10:23 PM »
You could volunteer to do menial chores like mowing, raking, sweeping. You might volunteer to help with any of the myriad chores of running a Fun-Fly or Contest. Some chores require some tutoring, but many can be done with no skills at all. It's often difficult for people to learn to delegate...it's easier to just do it themselves. If you volunteer in advance, there would be time for you to be trained for various chores that need to be done. If you just make it known that you will volunteer to take some of the chores or errands off the shoulders of the ossifers, that would make a big difference, even if you're never asked to lift a finger. How about just applying for a CD license?

One of the highlights of my summer was going to the VGMC contest at Richmond, BC. It really is a great weekend. The support of the contest effort by the sport fliers was nothing short of phenomenal. I was VERY impressed, and asked how the he!! they managed to do that. We can't get our sport fliers to show up at either meetings or contests. We have our monthly meetings at a pizza parlor, and the club buys the first pizza. No Anchovies, either. H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 06:03:48 PM »
No anchovies?  You've got the wrong man.  I spell my name Danger.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 08:01:47 PM »
No Curried Pizza, either. Instead of "Danger", why don't you call yourself Howard Dangerfield?  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here