News:

• April 16, 2024, 05:18:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Virus second opion  (Read 14871 times)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Virus second opion
« on: April 05, 2020, 05:32:30 AM »
https://twitter.com/va_shiva/status/1246526633206353921
15h
Dr.SHIVA LIVE: We are at War. #FireFauci.  End the Shutdown.
50:55

Dr.SHIVA Ayyadurai, MIT PhD. Inventor of Email
@va_shiva

They are pushing for Vaccines This is not the right approach according to Dr.SHIVA a virologist and inventor of email. It's worth the hour to watch and listen and not think you know whats going on. There are also film your local hospital videos going around and the media is lying to us again 
AMA 12366

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
Re: Virus second opion
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 07:31:03 AM »
The media want us all dependent on the gov't.
Didn't Al Gore invent the email after inventing the internet?
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 07:45:35 AM »
Sparky,
I went to the site and watched the whole video. First thing that becomes apparent is that Dr. Shiva is running for Senate and this is a campaign fund raiser for him.

When he talks about using vitamins D3, A and C he does not give any details on the dosage to take or any specific trials with repeatable results to back this up. He also did not give an indication of how long you need to take these to be ready to just go out and be protected from the Covid 19 virus. If he had this information and it worked and was backed up he should have put this in the video.

I believe in natural health support. Taking daily vitamins is a good thing for everyone. Taking the vitamins he proposes is also a good thing to strengthen you immune system before you get sick. If a virus or other disease overwhelms your immune system that's when you need to not mess around and get modern drugs. This is what Steve Jobs did. He tried all the natural stuff and it didn't work. He told one of his associates take the preventive natural stuff before you get sick but if you do get sick go to the modern treatments.

This is one of those things that natural remedy people talk about all the time and it is good to do to strengthen your immune system but it is not a cure. Keep washing your hands, keep as distance when talking and cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing is still good advice. Keep track of your temperature, take it the same way all the time, if it starts to get around  100.4F for a couple days see your doctor. Also stop smoking, recreationally drugs and excessive alcohol your immune system will thank you for it and do its part.

Best,  DennisT
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:43:44 AM by Dennis Toth »

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 08:39:36 AM »
OK, I did some digging and here is the link to Dr. Shiva's letter to the President:  https://shiva4senate.com/immune-and-economic-health-for-america-coronavirus/ .

There is a lot of front end fluff but on Page 3 he gives dosage amounts for healthy people and for a on-going dosage. I am not a Doctor and this is not medical advice in any way. The amounts indicated are mega times the recommended daily dosage. He does not give actual backup studies and data to show that this works or that this high a dosage is safe (could be close to toxic levels) and doesn't damage the liver or other organs.

Before you take this large an amount check with your doctor.

Best,  DennisT
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:59:49 AM by Dennis Toth »

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 08:50:22 AM »
OK, I did some digging and here is the link to Dr. Shiva's letter to the President:  https://shiva4senate.com/immune-and-economic-health-for-america-coronavirus/ .

There is a lot of front end fluff but on Page 3 he gives dosage amounts for healthy people and for a on-going dosage. I am not a Doctor and this is not medical advice in any way. The amounts indicated are mega times the recommended daily dosage. He does not give actual backup studies and data to show that this works or that this high a dosage is safe and doesn't damage the liver or other organs.

I can't comment on the overall approach, but the "vitamin c megadose helps colds" thing is 100% quackery. It's been studied absolutely endlessly, with uniformly consistent negative results. In any case, it's nearly impossible to raise your serum Vitamin C levels, it's just filtered out (as you note, by the liver), unless you were already deficient, in which case a small dose will fix it.

Brett

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 09:23:17 AM »
This particular guy has also gone around convincing people he invented email.  He didn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva_Ayyadurai

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 09:48:02 AM »
This particular guy has also gone around convincing people he invented email.  He didn't.

Systems qualitatively equivalent to email existed in the late 60's, 10 years before even he claims to have invented it. I used it on the EKU computer system in about 1977, and it certainly wasn't new then.

Brett

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 11:10:07 AM »
I thought his brief partnership with Fran Drescher, AKA The Nanny, was kinda funny
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 11:45:18 AM »
Well, thank goodness after watching Dr. Shiva we have enough sense to keep from entering another topic thread possibly leading us all eventually down another three-strike rabbit hole.

Who at this point really knows the impact COVID 19 will have on us financially, politically or whatever when it's all said and done if ever. In the meantime, if we don't have Dr. Fauci for scientific guidance who are we left with? Don't shoot the messenger.

IMHO,

Steve

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 02:36:40 PM »

I guess the patent office is wrong then. n 1984, the U.S. Copyright Office issued TXu-169-126, the first Copyright for EMS (EMAIL Management System), to (V.A.) Shiva Ayyadurai. The EMAIL copyright had been awarded to Shiva two years earlier.
https://vashiva.com/innovation/email/vashiva-inventor-history.asp

I am not defending the guy but the PA office says he did.

Now my view on a treatment (of which I have none) I am just saying one guy Dr. Faucci is not the end all he is just one guy who works for big farma, the WHO and the Clinton foundation
AMA 12366

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 04:36:32 PM »
AMA 12366

Offline George S

• 24 supporter
  • New Pilot
George S 

AMA 9385

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 03:46:14 AM »
I guess the patent office is wrong then. n 1984, the U.S. Copyright Office issued TXu-169-126, the first Copyright for EMS (EMAIL Management System), to (V.A.) Shiva Ayyadurai. The EMAIL copyright had been awarded to Shiva two years earlier.

Lee DeForest is credited with "inventing" the vacuum tube (triode, which he called an Audion), even successfully sued Howard Armstrong over it. This after John Fleming (and Edison {or some anonymous engineer working for Edison}) had previously "invented" it and demonstrated the applications for it. De Forest didn't even know how it worked - until Armstrong explained it under testimony in court.

When I was about 10 years old, I "invented" a steam turbine that used the steam conventionally against a vane, then passed it through to the other side to be used for reaction control. Much later I found that someone else had invented it - in the 20's.

This guy wrote a program called "EMAIL". I have a program/script called "quantization.m", that doesn't mean I am Walter Heisenberg.

There is no question in any way that things qualitatively equivalent to email existed at least a decade before this guy claims he did it, and, depending on your definition, before this guy was even born. This is an extremely well-documented (and, aside from this one guy) undisputed fact.

If nothing else, if this guy is such a yo-yo that he thought (and apparently still thinks, although he has qualified a bunch of different ways when confronted) he could get away with it, or so ignorant that he really thought he did invent it, I am not going to be listening to him for medical advice.

On the other hand, he *is* both stupid and egomaniacal, so, politics is the place for him.

Brett

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 03:54:05 AM »

On the other hand, he *is* both stupid and egomaniacal, so, politics is the place for him.

Brett

You're always right. I must have forgotten.
AMA 12366

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2020, 03:57:04 AM »
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/no-link-between-harvard-scientist-charles-lieber-and-coronavirus/

https://capitalresearch.org/article/dishonest-fact-checkers/

I would estimate that half of America right now is in serious thought..trying to shake this feeling of something being WAY OFF! If you are one of those ... don't try to shake it.  You are ahead of the curve and should listen to your gut! There is something totally ASKEW!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 04:30:32 AM by RC Storick »
AMA 12366

Tom Vieira

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2020, 05:55:20 AM »
....you do know that the vitamin thing has been debunked, and airborne/snake oil has been disproved, correct?

...i am sure you are also aware that the human body can only absorb vitamins and minerals at a given rate, and taking vitamins in the dosages he is recommending, even if you spaced it out over the day to help with absorption, would just create really expensive urine?  I bet Centrum has him by the purse strings...  and also vitamins and minerals can also be quite toxic in high quantities.

eat a balanced diet and exercise, and you'll achieve far more than spending your money on a little pill (same goes for cholesterol and high blood pressure...), and it'll taste WAY better.  Exercise and exposure to sunlight will also help, as our body can't produce a couple vitamins we need, and are rare in nature, but some of the more complex ones are conveniently broken down by the UV radiation from the sun in to those exact vitamins we need.

Wait, this is too convenient.  Nature gives us the essentials we NEED?  There has to be a conspiracy here..........  look out!  keep your wits about you!  to twitter, facebook, and youtube!!!!

Offline George S

• 24 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2020, 06:05:43 AM »
https://capitalresearch.org/article/dishonest-fact-checkers/

I would estimate that half of America right now is in serious thought..trying to shake this feeling of something being WAY OFF! If you are one of those ... don't try to shake it.  You are ahead of the curve and should listen to your gut! There is something totally ASKEW!

I don't have a dog in the fight. I just wondered why I had never heard anything about this until you posted that Twitter link so I googled it and on both factcheck.org and Snopes.com and SEVERAL other sources it said it was "fake news". He was charged but not for what John B Wells on Twitter claims. It does not matter to me at all....REALLY. I try to stay neutral in most everything but there is always 2 sides to everything and I just want to point out that there seems to be something else going on here. Sorry if ruffled any feathers. (thats why I don't post on here!)
George S 

AMA 9385

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2020, 12:18:12 PM »
I think I'll continue to watch the University of Washington feed to get my information. It's non-political, as it should be.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2020, 12:30:37 PM »

If nothing else, if this guy is such a yo-yo that he thought (and apparently still thinks, although he has qualified a bunch of different ways when confronted) he could get away with it, or so ignorant that he really thought he did invent it, I am not going to be listening to him for medical advice.

This all sounds really familiar, does the guy have a nickname that ends in 'jet?
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2020, 03:10:52 PM »

Now my view on a treatment (of which I have none) I am just saying one guy Dr. Faucci is not the end all he is just one guy who works for big farma, the WHO and the Clinton foundation
Hi Mr. Storick!  Now certainly you have the right to your ideas relating to what you've posted and the right to dismiss me if you so chose.  I read your cite and found it to be interesting but my curiosity go the better of me because of the controversy so I did a bit more digging and guess what ... apparently the truth may not be the truth.  Please read: https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20161103/11502935958/heres-truth-shiva-ayyadurai-didnt-invent-email.shtml
Sir, I am no one of any importance and certainly not of any significance in this age of information but please, can any of us know which is correct or does the truth lie somewhere in between??   :-\

Jim

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 03:31:06 PM »
Email is not the point. But here is another interesting video to think about.

AMA 12366

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2020, 06:15:37 PM »
There is so much misinformation out there, it is very hard to know what to believe.  The only thing I know is that my dear friend and business partner has it and he is VERY sick.  His wife also has it and there is nothing I can do to help them.  New Orleans is one of the worst places in the country right now.  When someone who is close to you gets this sick, it suddenly becomes very personal. 

Mike

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2020, 07:22:27 PM »
We look at things different when a perfectly healthy 50 year old friend and co-worker gets sick, spends 2 weeks on a ventilator and then passes ... Not the flu..
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2020, 07:46:52 PM »
Sorry Sparky, this guy is using a line that people including the President used in January before he got educated about Covid19 and how contagious it is compared to seasonal flu. Second point, with the seasonal flu which does have these very high death rates but you have a choice to get the vaccine, at this point you don't have that choice for Covid19. Once we have proven defense we can get back close to normal.
Right now wash hands, stay several feet apart, don't shake hands, wear face cover when going around people, stop smoking and don't bit you finger nails. Stay healthy we can argue who was right once we get through this.

Here is the site to see where your state stands. Click on the reference numbers on the right side to get to details in your state, some states down to the county and Zip code.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Sparky here is Missouri hot spots are KC and St Louis:   https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/1fd32012487c4e5c936a13389f9731c3

Just look at UK's Boris Johnson who also thought what this guy is saying - he is now in intensive care.

Best,    DennisT

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2020, 08:53:39 PM »
  It's a bad bug, no doubt about it, but the numbers this guy is quoting jive with what I have been finding.  While it is pretty vicious to the elderly and those with other high risk conditions, any number of other viruses can do the same damage, including the flu. In reality, it's not as bad as a lot of other afflictions. That's a hard thing to say, and a bitter pill to swallow for those who have lost someone to it, but the CDC's own numbers bear it out, and they are there for anyone to see. We'll loose over 600,000 this year from heart diseases alone. You have to wonder about the false negative percentages also. They do not report on any of that at all. And you have to look at the positive results also. People that test positive and don't get sick, or just get cold symptoms. The numbers on who gets tested and who doesn't is still puzzling. The sad reality is, people live, and then they die. Ain't none of us gonna get out of here alive. You can step off the curb and get hit by a bus, or any one of 1,000 different stupid scenarios. 366,000 + "confirmed" cases in the US, and who is checking on the accuracy of that number? And the 10,000 deaths? How many have been inadvertently been added to that total "just because they could?" 350,000,000 people that don't have it, and 10,000,000 people thrown out of work due to the panic.  What are the collateral damage death counts going to be from the poverty, stress and strain that this is going to cause?? Selective quarantine and isolation of known carriers of the virus and those at highest risk is a lot easier, and less damaging to the economy. One whole hell of a lot less people to monitor, maybe 500,000, to 750,000 instead of 350 million..  The argument is that it's just easier and more effective to restrict everyone, but are you REALLY doing that? How much of the crush of people flocking to the hospitals in the "hot zones" REALLY need to be there and are just panic driven because they don't feel go, and are making a bad thing worse??Germany is getting a lot of praise for their low numbers, but how accurate are they? What is the difference in population? What does genetics and culture and climate have to do with the transmission? New York City"s numbers are more than double that, but they have miles and miles of virus breading grounds that they call the subway where people are packed into it like sardines in a can all day every day, and no discussion on what that has to do with their high numbers.  So many variables, so many "expert" opinions and contradictions 99.9% or the population doesn't have it and are not sick, but that .1%  looks really big under a microscope especially when driven by the news media which is driving the panic.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2020, 09:27:44 PM »
We look at things different when a perfectly healthy 50 year old friend and co-worker gets sick, spends 2 weeks on a ventilator and then passes ... Not the flu..

With all due respect Will, the reality may have been that your friend was not as healthy as he may have seemed to be on the outside. The reality is that the flu can and does do the same thing. So can TB. So can the lung diseases from packaging microwave popcorn, or working in coal mines, or the many other forms of lung cancer. Lots of older people have contracted the virus, had the typical symptoms and survived. Everyone has some weakness in them, you just don't know what it is. Your friend had the bad luck of the draw with this virus. Is it any different if he had died from some other cause? This kind of panic just gives people tunnel vision, and they only see and understand what is right in front of them. Everyone is keeps saying that"It's not the same as the flu."  But there will be more people die from the flu, and statistically more likely to die from the flu, which full name is "influenza."  I'm an at risk person for the virus. I got laid off two weeks ago, and I'm starting to hear from other people I worked with that they have been sent permanent lay off letters. Mine might be in the mail tomorrow. I'm nearing retirement but was not quite there, and needed to work at least another 18 months to two years, maybe more. Now this may push the goal posts back even further than I can imagine.  I've got a lot to loose at this point. I am not really thrilled with the prospect of having to find another job at my age (almost 65) and physical condition that pays what I'm worth and need to provide for myself and my wife. I'm not alone in this position. There are 10 million or more other people and their families facing it also. And don't forget the domino effect from that which will affect other businesses. And it all came to a head in the last three weeks.

And hey Dennis Toth.  Check out the effectiveness for the flu vaccines for the last several years. Especially this past year. Not worth the syringes that they used to inject it with. But the "experts " say that you should get it anyway! Who is to say the the flu vaccine isn't playing a part in certain people's susceptibility to the effects of the virus. Maybe a bit of a conspiracy theory, or maybe even just by freak accident.  It isn't killing everyone that contracts it. Some people have had it and didn't even know it. Cross check the victims to see if they had a flu shot or not?? Some times truth is stranger than fiction.  Boris Johnson just fits the demographic of the people that this affects most, and that is where the effort should be placed.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2020, 09:54:38 PM »
I have a bad feeling about this thread.  I have been hit personally with this nightmare, so I am getting out now.

Mike

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2020, 10:41:52 PM »
There is so much misinformation out there, it is very hard to know what to believe.  The only thing I know is that my dear friend and business partner has it and he is VERY sick.  His wife also has it and there is nothing I can do to help them.  New Orleans is one of the worst places in the country right now.  When someone who is close to you gets this sick, it suddenly becomes very personal. 

Mike

I'm very sorry to hear this Mike, and I can understand this completely. I have been there and experienced the same thing more than I care to relate. But it doesn't change the big picture, which is what everyone has trouble seeing. I'm not saying this to be callus, or unfeeling. It's not any different than anyone else loosing a family member, friend or loved one to ANY disease or some other untimely death. But you have to look at the complete picture of what this is and is going to do to this country, and for a long, long time. I'm not worried about catching the virus because I might die, I'm worried about what is going on and what it will do to the country that my kids and grand kids will have to deal with.
    Hang in there and keep praying,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2020, 05:27:31 AM »
And in today's paper it's reported that the virus is racist. 70% of Louisiana's covid deaths are black folks. Then they list the myriad of ailments the victims had. Ten listed probably more.
 What I have noticed is that people are not dying from the virus they are dying with the virus.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2020, 07:45:24 AM »
Respectfully, I understand and agree the seasonal flu can and does take out high numbers of people with other underlining serious conditions, but the Covid19 is two and half times more contagious. This is the problem with this situation.

Covid19 also seems to be more aggressive against the immune system which for those at high risk is enough to overwhelm the it and allow the other conditions which were at bay to attack. Resulting in what we see in NYC and other hot spots with hospitals fighting to keep up. Bottom line is we all need to do our part so we get things opened up and following the simple guidelines is the way we can make a difference.

Best,  DennisT

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2020, 08:26:35 AM »
Can we get back to the really important debate? 

Ringmaster or Flite Streak, which is better?   :)

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2020, 09:20:34 AM »
Perry,

I prefer to stay "immune" figuratively regarding your post concerning the virus. I guess you can say "I'm staying safe".

If I may, however, I'd like to comment on your post phrase saying " the worse part about getting old is remembering when you were young"  In my humble opinion I think the worse part of getting old is forgetting when you were young.

Without my fond memories of being a kid, and especially control line I probably would not be on this forum which provides mucho enjoyment. When I recently visited my 95 year old friend and mentor I sensed his frustration between his fleeting moments of clarity. How sad he has lost or forgotten all his fond memories now that he has gotten old. Attached is a photo of Bob taken around 1959 after he won the competition for the best stunt in the Model Aires in Albany New York. He was also club president. He now recalls nothing of this.

Just my thoughts take no offense, I'm now on my way to the med cabinet for my daily dose of Ginko Biloba.

Steve

Offline goozgog

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2020, 09:28:23 AM »

There are Ford people and Chevy people.
Coke people and Pepsi people.
Mac people and PC people.
Ringmaster people and the much more
smart and handsome Flight Streak people.
Keith Morgan

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2020, 09:59:40 AM »
The Flite Streak is a nice airplane but it is NOT a Ringmaster. That said, I have owned both and they are both fun to fly. I think a Ringmaster is an easier airplane to learn to fly. Once beyond that a person can then go to a Flite Streak and learn an airplane that is more input sensitive. Thanks Matt Kania!

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline John Leidle

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2020, 10:34:16 AM »
  I learned to fly at age 18 on a Ringmaster powered by a Mcoy .19  " lock your elbow , wrist & lift or drop your arm,,,, first flight was a success .
 John L.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 12:38:04 PM by John Leidle »

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2020, 11:04:26 AM »
  This is nice folks, but this is not what this thread is about, and technically is a thread hijack. If you don't want to discuss the virus, which, I repeat, is the subject of this thread and is clearly titled as such, then do not log onto it. Some of us can and need to discuss it. While stuck here at home, all we have is the news media to listen to. There are more people with common sense here on the forums! So again, if you don't like it, don't look at it. It's that simple
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Tom Vieira

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2020, 11:09:55 AM »

STREAK 4 LIFE!!!!  FTW!!!!!!!

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2020, 12:37:25 PM »
We have flu every year. Heart attacks. Vehicle deaths. And so forth. In NYC folks have ridden the subway packed like sardines since the turn of the twentieth century. Corvid-19 is qualitatively different. Hospitals are overwhelmed in epicenter areas. Never happened before in the USA during my lifetime of 73 years.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2020, 01:20:05 PM »
We have flu every year. Heart attacks. Vehicle deaths. And so forth. In NYC folks have ridden the subway packed like sardines since the turn of the twentieth century. Corvid-19 is qualitatively different. Hospitals are overwhelmed in epicenter areas. Never happened before in the USA during my lifetime of 73 years.

The movie will come out in December.

"Corvid-19, From Outer Space."
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2020, 02:45:54 PM »

Flite Streak...!
"Clockwise Forever..."

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2020, 03:27:52 PM »
Ringmasters, light ones, fly way better then expected. Thin wing, wing spar that adds little stiffness, will bust a lot of ribs though,  if  nosed in. I’ve flown one or two that had a surprisingly good feel, went where pointed. Flite Streaks, much stiffer wing, way better airfoil. Both need to be flown on the fast side, usually. I love Streaks. The best flying Ringmaster, however, was uncannily good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Virus second opion
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2020, 05:20:54 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:39:09 PM by Dennis Moritz »

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »
I fly my Ringmaster Jr. Fox 15 once every year in October to accommodate the WW Ring event. Same old consistent bird but I always take my Flite Streak OS LA 25 as a back up whenever I go out to fly something. FS is a good warm-up and pattern practice ship.

Steve

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2020, 05:17:38 AM »
  This is nice folks, but this is not what this thread is about, and technically is a thread hijack. If you don't want to discuss the virus, which, I repeat, is the subject of this thread and is clearly titled as such, then do not log onto it. Some of us can and need to discuss it. While stuck here at home, all we have is the news media to listen to. There are more people with common sense here on the forums! So again, if you don't like it, don't look at it. It's that simple
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

True, but if you turn to the forum as an escape from the constant coverage, and this thread is always at the top of the unread post list, is it not a hijack of the forum?   ;)

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2020, 06:38:20 AM »
True, but if you turn to the forum as an escape from the constant coverage, and this thread is always at the top of the unread post list, is it not a hijack of the forum?   ;)

Just because it's there does not mean you HAVE to click on it. If you open the thread, that means you want to see what is on there, you have to willingly go through the motions. Not a hijack of the whole forum, it's just one, single thread.

Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2020, 10:09:20 AM »
Dan you know this is a pet peeve of mine.....when my menu stopps on CNN you can be sure my D TV controller gets a button push to go down or up

I am astounded at the folk here who can actually log on to a web site do not seem to have the skill to FIND A TOPIC that doesn't offend them....no seriously...it is like they are moths

"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2020, 04:01:38 PM »
Interesting take on this

AMA 12366

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2020, 05:14:36 PM »
Respectfully, I don't understand what the value of stuff like this provides? Are you suggesting that President Trump is lying to us? Do you really think he would disrupt the US economy and way of life if he didn't have strong backup? All these social actions are having an impact. What proof do any of these internet "talking heads" have that we are being lied to? They need to show data not just "option" to get YouTube hits.

If this is what you believe, then OK he is a liar.

Oh, one more thing here is the FOX News report on what was going on at DOP hospital:  https://www.fox5ny.com/news/fdny-applauds-healthcare-workers-in-show-of-solidarity

Best,   DennisT
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 05:33:39 PM by Dennis Toth »

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2020, 05:33:35 PM »
Respectfully, I don't understand what the value of stuff like this provides?

Best,   DennisT

He is asking questions. It's to make everyone think. Here is a news article https://www.krem.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/ammon-bundy-disregards-idaho-stay-home-order/293-8e042d77-fea2-453a-be62-94cc6b722ac9 Ammon Bundy, who led Oregon standoff, holds gatherings amid Idaho 'stay home' order
At one meeting, Bundy pledged to help provide legal, political and physical defense to people who are pressured to comply with Idaho's 'stay home' order.

Are we going to let a bug take away our constitution? Not saying distancing is not good but I don't need the NANNY state ordering me to do it. Paul Revere the GOVERNMENT is coming!
AMA 12366

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2020, 05:40:01 PM »
Respectfully, I don't understand what the value of stuff like this provides? Are you suggesting that President Trump is lying to us? Do you really think he would disrupt the US economy and way of life if he didn't have strong backup? All these social actions are having an impact. What proof do any of these internet "talking heads" have that we are being lied to? They need to show data not just "option" to get YouTube hits.

If this is what you believe, then OK he is a liar.

Oh, one more thing here is the FOX News report on what was going on at DOP hospital:  https://www.fox5ny.com/news/fdny-applauds-healthcare-workers-in-show-of-solidarity
Best,   DennisT

Are you suggesting that President Trump is lying to us? NO Do you really think he would disrupt the US economy and way of life if he didn't have strong backup? No I think he has BAD leftovers advising him wrongAll these social actions are having an impact. At what cost another great depression?What proof do any of these internet "talking heads" have that we are being lied to? 2 EYES

AMA 12366

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here