News:

• April 19, 2024, 04:12:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Virus second opion  (Read 14887 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Virus second opion
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2020, 05:44:28 PM »
He is only trying to get YouTube hits, no proof, just option. Bundy is just trying to get publicity. What do they think will cure this virus? They got nothing. Nobody likes this but we need to get through it.

Best,  DennisT   

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2020, 05:52:14 PM »
He is only trying to get YouTube hits, no proof, just option. Bundy is just trying to get publicity. What do they think will cure this virus? They got nothing. Nobody likes this but we need to get through it.

Best,  DennisT

Well answer me this Dr.Facui says we will never get back to normal until we have a Vaccine. Do we have one that really works for Flue yet? No do we have an AIDS vaccine yet? NO, and when was the last cure for anything? No money in a cure. So according to Dr.Faccui are we going to live in fear forever? I think not and the sooner we can get back to normal without Bill Gates and his soup concoction the better.
AMA 12366

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2020, 05:52:29 PM »
So now you think the President is just stupid. Ok your board you win.

Best,   DennisT

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2020, 05:55:10 PM »
So now you think the President is just stupid. Ok your board you win.

Best,   DennisT

I think very smart but being advised by stupid swap people and I know I win because there is nothing wrong with questions.
AMA 12366

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2020, 06:23:26 PM »
OK wait I don't want to get too worked up. Not sure what will ever be normal, the vaccine will work for a good portion of people and hopefully keep the people who get it to a number that can be treated just not all at once. With the vaccine you have a choice to take it or not but it should allow it to be controllable similar to seasonal flu.

You may be in an area with very few cases and that's great and hopefully it stays that way it will help getting through this. I am also in an area with minimal cases. I don't like government rules any more than most Americans but I also could not pick which one of my family members , friends or neighbors that I would choose to let get this, so for now I will follow the recommendation. 

Best,    DennisT

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2020, 06:26:45 PM »
I guess we should not talk or worry about it until the " Zhow me da Papers"starts
AMA 12366

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2020, 06:41:36 PM »
OK, I did some digging and here is the link to Dr. Shiva's letter to the President:  https://shiva4senate.com/immune-and-economic-health-for-america-coronavirus/ .

There is a lot of front end fluff but on Page 3 he gives dosage amounts for healthy people and for a on-going dosage. I am not a Doctor and this is not medical advice in any way. The amounts indicated are mega times the recommended daily dosage. He does not give actual backup studies and data to show that this works or that this high a dosage is safe (could be close to toxic levels) and doesn't damage the liver or other organs.

Before you take this large an amount check with your doctor.

Best,  DennisT

Speaking from experience, if you have a vitamin D deficiency the standard dose is 50,000 units a week until it comes up.  Took over a year for me.  For me vitamin A hasn't been a problem.  Vitamin C the same.  Plenty is available from citrus fruits and others, some vegetables, which can easily get you enough.  Vit C is very hard to overdose on partly because it is so sour, and partly because it's water soluble and goes right out the kidneys.
phil Cartier

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2020, 05:39:42 AM »
OK wait I don't want to get too worked up. Not sure what will ever be normal, the vaccine will work for a good portion of people and hopefully keep the people who get it to a number that can be treated just not all at once. With the vaccine you have a choice to take it or not but it should allow it to be controllable similar to seasonal flu.

You may be in an area with very few cases and that's great and hopefully it stays that way it will help getting through this. I am also in an area with minimal cases. I don't like government rules any more than most Americans but I also could not pick which one of my family members , friends or neighbors that I would choose to let get this, so for now I will follow the recommendation. 

Best,    DennisT

Thankfully that's me as well, only 54 cases for two days and yesterday down to 53, fingers crossed, but will continue to stay safe.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 06:42:30 AM by Dwayne Donnelly »
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Tom Vieira

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2020, 05:57:40 AM »
Well answer me this Dr.Facui says we will never get back to normal until we have a Vaccine. Do we have one that really works for Flue yet? No do we have an AIDS vaccine yet? NO, and when was the last cure for anything? No money in a cure. So according to Dr.Faccui are we going to live in fear forever? I think not and the sooner we can get back to normal without Bill Gates and his soup concoction the better.

Flu vaccine: there are multiple permutations of the coding proteins that don't all necessarily play nicely with each other when compounding in to a single vaccine, and it'd be stupid expensive to make on top of it.  So, they take their best guess two years in advance of the likely strain to come out (yes, stupid model, and i'll agree, for those that don't have complicating afflictions, pointless vaccine)

AIDS vaccine:  The HIV virus is insidious and constantly mutating around, as all diabolical illnesses do.  It's always changing ever so slightly, even while inside the person, so when person B gets infected by person A, and then B transmits to C, there's a good chance it's ever so slightly different..  So, you could max a vaccine for a single example of it, but it's useless against the others.  The immune system can't extrapolate data from something you have been immunized against, and something that looks really close, but not quite....

take off your tin foil hat.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2020, 07:39:56 AM »
T.L.,
Are you suggesting that we all run out and start embracing those that have Covid19 with no PPE on so that whoever gets it, gets it and whoever survives, survives and those that don't just reduce the excess population?

Which one of your family or close friends would you have go first to try this?

Looking at the World data Sweden is trying this. They have no social distancing recommendations or restrictions on group gatherings. England was also going this way and have since change course (after PM and Prince C got it) as their numbers skyrocketed. All the high impacted country's that implemented the social distancing have peaked (we in the US are close) and the hospitals are coping.

I agree that no vaccine is 100%, but it does seem to give you at least a fighting chance to survive. The problem with Covid 19 is how easily and fast it is to spread, maybe it will mutate into a less aggressive strain, maybe the warm weather will impact it, but for now the only thing that has reduced its spread is the social distancing recommendations.

I kinda think at some point we will all have to face this thing, but I for one would at least like to bring a knife (even a if it is a short one) to the knife fight if not a revolver.

Best,   DennisT 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:12:03 AM by Dennis Toth »

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2020, 08:41:52 AM »
Sober. Sensible commentary. Useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2020, 09:28:48 AM »
Interesting take on this

:) :) Hi Mr. Storik!  Yes, this is quite an interesting take one for which I certainly can't dispute ... because it did happen and it was recorded!  :-\ :-\  I guess my problem comes when I try to put in context as to just what does it mean for me and mine and you and yours going forward.  It wasn't until near the end that I understood ... it was a "commercial"  %^@ !!  A commercial promoting their brand of food!! Man that was kool!  You really had me going for a moment .... sorta' like Orson Wells back in 1938!!  Good one!! Good one!!  LL~ LL~ LL~

Tom Vieira

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2020, 09:51:08 AM »
T.L.,
Are you suggesting that we all run out and start embracing those that have Covid19 with no PPE on so that whoever gets it, gets it and whoever survives, survives and those that don't just reduce the excess population?

Which one of your family or close friends would you have go first to try this?

Looking at the World data Sweden is trying this. They have no social distancing recommendations or restrictions on group gatherings. England was also going this way and have since change course (after PM and Prince C got it) as their numbers skyrocketed. All the high impacted country's that implemented the social distancing have peaked (we in the US are close) and the hospitals are coping.

I agree that no vaccine is 100%, but it does seem to give you at least a fighting chance to survive. The problem with Covid 19 is how easily and fast it is to spread, maybe it will mutate into a less aggressive strain, maybe the warm weather will impact it, but for now the only thing that has reduced its spread is the social distancing recommendations.

I kinda think at some point we will all have to face this thing, but I for one would at least like to bring a knife (even a if it is a short one) to the knife fight if not a revolver.

Best,   DennisT

nope, not saying that at all.  common sense precautions, especially if you are at risk or have family members at high risk are perfectly acceptable.

diving down the rabbit hole of crazy government or corporate/government conspiracies is what i'm referring to.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2020, 11:57:02 AM »
Mike,
I agree this approach is heavy handed. Sounds like the mayor's first command in a crises. They could have at least discussed options with the pastor. On the other hand we Americans are very good at finding loop holes in the rules (that's what keeps Brett busy with our rule descriptions). Since the church had a way of going on radio then there was no need to actually be in the parking lot, why invite trouble. The problem we have is since this virus isn't confined to just an individual that could choose to take a chance with this and a person who is feeling perfectly fine could be a carrier and infect others without knowing it, how do you not step on some of our individual rights to choose? If it was only one person that keeps it to themselves and are not out in public were they could do unintended harm to others that is one thing (like drinking, drugs, shooting themselves etc.). With this one does not have that control of who or how it spreads.

Best,   DennisT

Offline George S

• 24 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2020, 12:34:26 PM »
Its interesting to me that Churches nor Christians don't always read or obey what it says in the bible-

This is from Romans 13

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God’s servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God’s servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Sorry to those who do not follow the Gospel or who do not believe. I am just stating what is in the bible.
George S 

AMA 9385

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Virus second opion
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2020, 12:47:39 PM »
The question has been asked by our moderator. “Why would Trump lie?”

Offline GEORGE CONNORS

• 2019 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2020, 01:31:08 PM »

A German car parts factory became infected early on.  Realizing what happened, their doctors and scientific  community started to back traces to patient #0.  In fact they identified #0, then # 1, #2, # 3 and #4. 

The interesting fact based on their investigation is - "Please pass the salt."   #4 handed the salt shaker to # 5..    and thus the cascading infection of the company started.  I'll attach the article for your perusal.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-04-09/pass-the-salt-the-minute-details-that-helped-germany-build-virus-defences

Pass the Salt: the Minute Details That Helped Germany Build Virus Defences
www.usnews.com

Believer or non-believer?   A Democratic hoax or reality?    Maybe the Germans will help sort if out.  Feel free to forward and to run fact check.

In the meantime, I'll pass you  the screw driver.   A few loose screws need to be tightened.
george connors

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2020, 02:56:00 PM »

Watch this video and it will Boil your blood. Remember folks it only takes 3% to say enough is enough
AMA 12366

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2020, 03:01:30 PM »
Even if a vaccine for CORONA virus is developed, I'm concerned that there will be enough "religious fanatics" who will refuse any vaccine.  Thus, they will be free to keep the virus moving right along.  That means it will never go away.

We already see this in our schools, where parents will not permit their child's vaccination for the ordinary flu virus.  And COVID is much more dangerous,.

(Ringmaster vs Fright Streak?  .....neither)
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2020, 08:59:31 PM »
Even if a vaccine for CORONA virus is developed, I'm concerned that there will be enough "religious fanatics" who will refuse any vaccine.  Thus, they will be free to keep the virus moving right along.  That means it will never go away.

We already see this in our schools, where parents will not permit their child's vaccination for the ordinary flu virus.  And COVID is much more dangerous,.

(Ringmaster vs Fright Streak?  .....neither)
Floyd 'Get off my Lawn' Carter,

Flu shots have never been required for school, at least not in the more sane states in the South. If you want to make a point that in your mind smears people with religious conviction then you should probably use the example of parents refusing the MMR shots for their children. I'm not against child immunization. Both my children and both of my grandkids are immunized.  I'll be damned if I ever get a flu shot. The Flu shot is not a MMR or measles vaccination. It's just a shot in the dark that has made many people sick by getting it and is not a guarantee against the strains of Flu that may be prevalent  after the shot is administered.
But according to you if the virus never goes away it will be the fault of religious fanatics.
Don't you have a flag to wad up and throw back on someone's porch or something?

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2020, 09:15:12 PM »
We are doing enormous damage to ourselves. 

Mike

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2020, 08:05:31 AM »
Gov Abbot* R Texas sent State Patrol to EVERY ROAD INTO TEXAS  from Louisiana, and it will indeed be a "show me your papers" exercise with mandatory quarantines

I am not convinced of some grand conspiracy.....but relative to OTHER things that kill citizens exponentially higher daily rates, I am astounded at the constitutional trampling even staunch Conservatives are willing to embrace...

Recently Abbot has lost me as a solid vote....His stance on 2nd Amendment issues, red flag etc... and this shutting/monitoring the boarders bothers me immensly
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2020, 10:17:40 AM »
Its interesting to me that Churches nor Christians don't always read or obey what it says in the bible-

This is from Romans 13

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God’s servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God’s servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Sorry to those who do not follow the Gospel or who do not believe. I am just stating what is in the bible.
Hi George!  We, as Believers, know that what you've written is correct.  I think the issue is how we as Believers integrate what is written into our interactions with non- believers (I prefer to say ... "those who have YET to believe").  We walk in a life where we must, willingly, subject ourselves to the government whether we agree or not.  If you've been in the military maybe this will make sense.  When we are posted in a foreign land, even though we are citizens of the United States and subject to the UCMJ, we are still required to comply with the laws, and customs of that land, right?  After a brief tour, we are given orders to return home, to the United States, okay?

Well, over time each of us Believers found out, learned and embraced the fact that we are citizens of a Kingdom, not of this world.  As such, thus there will come a time when we will return "home" and stand account for our lives here.  We grieve for those who have not come to this understanding because they choose to do their "own thing" but it is not our responsibility to change their minds ... it IS our responsibility to be examples ... the "light" that leads others out of darkness.  Sadly, even within this wonderful forum and group of guys, modelers, hobbyists and fellow human beings, there will be disagreement and discord.  Nevertheless, we are tasked, just as the 70 whom Jesus sent out to spread the word, to be an example and to love one another even the unlovable!!  (Regrettably, I come up short ... in so many ways)

Jim

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2020, 11:03:55 AM »
Hi George!  We, as Believers, know that what you've written is correct.  I think the issue is how we as Believers integrate what is written into our interactions with non- believers (I prefer to say ... "those who have YET to believe").  We walk in a life where we must, willingly, subject ourselves to the government whether we agree or not.  If you've been in the military maybe this will make sense.  When we are posted in a foreign land, even though we are citizens of the United States and subject to the UCMJ, we are still required to comply with the laws, and customs of that land, right?  After a brief tour, we are given orders to return home, to the United States, okay?

Well, over time each of us Believers found out, learned and embraced the fact that we are citizens of a Kingdom, not of this world.  As such, thus there will come a time when we will return "home" and stand account for our lives here.  We grieve for those who have not come to this understanding because they choose to do their "own thing" but it is not our responsibility to change their minds ... it IS our responsibility to be examples ... the "light" that leads others out of darkness.  Sadly, even within this wonderful forum and group of guys, modelers, hobbyists and fellow human beings, there will be disagreement and discord.  Nevertheless, we are tasked, just as the 70 whom Jesus sent out to spread the word, to be an example and to love one another even the unlovable!!  (Regrettably, I come up short ... in so many ways)

Jim

They all become believers on their death beds.   LL~
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Jim Svitko

• Captain
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2020, 11:55:42 AM »
In addition to Fred's concerns, I wonder about this:  once the government has given itself more power, how likely is it that the power will be relinquished if and when things go back to normal?

And, what will be considered normal?  I am reading articles about the new normal.  Who defines the new normal and will that definition be written to justify the government's need to maintain these additional powers?

Another troubling development:  on my neighborhood website, someone started a thread about reporting those who violate the stay at home directive.  They wanted to know if there was a special number (maybe a hotline?) to report violators.  I was hoping it would not come to this--neighbor vs. neighbor.  If there are fights in grocery stores over the last package of toilet paper, what will happen if there is a confrontation about violating the stay at home directive?

Patience is wearing thin.  I hope for the best but I also have to expect the worst.

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2020, 02:47:07 PM »
The question has been asked by our moderator. “Why would Trump lie?”

That's news to me "FAKE NEWS" I said he wouldn't but has some advisers with bad models and we are seeing that play out in the news.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 03:22:41 PM by RC Storick »
AMA 12366

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2020, 02:53:30 PM »
There are 257 deaths in Ohio out of 11,000,000,000 and change do the math you are more likely to be struck by lightning.

Would everyone agree that there is no law of the land higher than the constitution? (probably not knowing how some here) But the 1st amendment reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So as I see it if the pastors wish to hold church and they are arrested they become millionaires. God Bless them!
AMA 12366

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2020, 04:22:09 PM »
11 million Sparky and yes the next few months are going to be very interesting indeed.
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2020, 10:50:13 AM »
9-11 was horrendous and for a fact I saw some of it with my own eyes and lost colleagues I worked closely with in the pentagon..I will never believe the conspiracies that our government blew up the towers or the pentagon. BTW I was on very first flight Dallas to Reagan National once air traffic resumed...over Potomac and
pentagon final approach to DCA ..I saw the tail section still in the parking lot

All that said...I liked GWB -----BUT the Patriot ACT (and FISA courts)  was the second worst legislation ever-- after the stupids 100 years ago with the interstate commerce act...in both cases very egregious anti constitutional law and precedent
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2020, 12:09:03 PM »
Heads up veterans the time to muster is close. Your oath never expires. https://twitter.com/i/status/1249019585887698945
AMA 12366

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2020, 01:52:45 PM »
I hope and pray that all of this garbage is a massive wake up call for all the left wing moon bats who believe that socialist government is the answer to anything.

Going into stores with empty shelves and limits on what you can purchase? Can’t find basic necessities? Being told not to go see your doctor or to not go to the ER unless you really think you might die? No elective surgeries? Being ticketed or arrested for leaving your home to just go for a drive or to go paddle boarding by yourself.... or detained by police for playing catch in the park with your child? Politicians and people in power suggesting tracking apps to make sure you’re following social distancing mandates? The ideas that maybe we should have to carry “immunity papers”???

WELCOME TO YOUR TRIAL RUN OF SOCIALISM.

The stupidity (or is it intentional destruction? 🤔) of some of these politicians never ceases to amaze me!

Mike

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2020, 02:34:03 PM »
Quote from: RC Storick
He is asking questions. It's to make everyone think. ... Are we going to let a bug take away our constitution? Not saying distancing is not good but I don't need the NANNY state ordering me to do it. Paul Revere the GOVERNMENT is coming!
Mr. Storick, truly I am not trying to anger you in anyway but the above extract from what you wrote creates a problem for my understanding (and I'm the first to admit, I'm not the brightest light bulb in existence).  Specifically, I understand the need to "think" and I agree, we, the populace, should and must be alert and aware of government overreach in many facets of life.  However your statement extract "I don't need the NANNY state ordering me to do it" begs for understanding on my part.

For example, state requirements for driver's licenses, insurances, professional licensing i.e. medical / legal / law enforcement, as well as property boundaries registration such as for your home and land ... all of these are required/mandated in some form or fashion whether federal, state, or local for the protection of the population in general, right?  Therefore ... should a person, anyone, be allowed to do as they please when the "legitimate" government officials, regardless of agency, (based upon their best analysis, considered counsels, researchers and advisors), place certain restrictions on movement,  personal activities, and behaviors of the populace in general??

Shouldn't we, the members of the general populace, expect and even demand, in certain circumstances, the "legitimate" governmental authorities to restrict the activities of those who wish to "do as they want"?? Jus' askin!!  I mean, we wouldn't tolerate "citizens" riding bicycles on the interstate highways, we don't tolerate any "citizens" unauthorized taking of the personal private property of another and we certainly wouldn't tolerate companies, citizens or even rogue agents dumping their wastes and refuse in the public drinking waters.  No, we demand governmental protection.  Isn't this the same type situation?  I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want a toxic COVID-19 "free agent" walking up on you as you were outside doing what ever you chose/wanted to do ("because it's your right") intentionally sneezing on you or someone you care about, right??  Well, at the same time, doesn't that toxic COVID-19 "free agent", citizen of the United States, have the same rights and freedoms you speak of when he or she states .... "I don't need the NANNY state ordering me to do it"!!  Jus' askin'  :-\!!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2020, 03:07:25 PM »
Well we are getting our sermon on the inter net and not taking chances other than going to the store.   Did you see the one where a man decided to defy the order and had a gathering for his family and friends.  Within days they were getting sick and finally diagnosed with the virus.  He was tested clean but a couple of days later he got sick and before they could get treatment for him he was dead with the virus.   According to reports it takes days before the virus rears its ugly head.  My oldest daughter and family passed the quarantine they were under because of one of my son-in-law's clients was diagnosed with the virus.  Four weeks and still clear in her family. D>K 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2020, 03:43:22 PM »
"free agent", citizen of the United States, have the same rights and freedoms you speak of when he or she states .... "I don't need the NANNY state ordering me to do it"!!  Jus' askin'  :-\!!

There is but one law of the land the US Constitution. We are granted our rights by God not by man. I didn't say it was not good to self distance but the NANNY state Should and can not ticket you for a group of 10 or more people. Let say you have a big family say 15 or 16 what do you tell them? OKAY the GOOBERMANT says we can have only 10 people you decide which 10 can stay and which 5 will go. If anyone gets a ticket or arrested please contact a constitutional attorney. Or maybe you are lucky to have a constitutional Sherrif in your area they are the final say in all law enforcement, not the policy enforcers. The Police have no duty under law to protect you only to enforce policies.
AMA 12366

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2020, 06:09:56 PM »
There is but one law of the land the US Constitution. We are granted our rights by God not by man. I didn't say it was not good to self distance but the NANNY state Should and can not ticket you for a group of 10 or more people. Let say you have a big family say 15 or 16 what do you tell them? OKAY the GOOBERMANT says we can have only 10 people you decide which 10 can stay and which 5 will go. If anyone gets a ticket or arrested please contact a constitutional attorney. Or maybe you are lucky to have a constitutional Sherrif in your area they are the final say in all law enforcement, not the policy enforcers. The Police have no duty under law to protect you only to enforce policies.
Good sir, you are absolutely correct, I mean right on the button ... "We are granted our rights by God not by man." And HIS instructions to us, Believers, (we can't control the behaviors of non-believers other than to be the light ... the example as set by Christ) in Mark 12:17 King James Version (KJV) 17 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at Him.  Caesar is equivalent to our present day "NANNY state" won't you agree?

As for how we the Believers are to react to stuff going on in this world, what I understand can be found in the instructions of Jesus himself in Matthew 5:14-16 King James Version (KJV)
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Those two passages tie in with the teachings of the Apostle Paul who further explains in Romans 13:1-7 King James Version (KJV)
13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

As to your example of someone with a large family (say a farm family where all the children and grandchildren gathered, to me it's simple, the head of the house, whomever that may be father, mother or grandparents sets the standards and the rules.  Obedience or disobedience to the "GOOBERMANT" rests on that family head and the outcome will be determined by God, the Father just as it is stated in Proverbs 16-33 KJV  The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the Lord.  What no Believer or unbeliever should do is be intentionally disobedient and then be caught in HIS judgement for that act, be it this virus, drunk i.e. driving, etcetera.  1 John 5-17 points out that there are acts, behaviors, disobedience, aka sins that may or may not lead to death.

Again, it is each individuals choice to comply with, as you call it, the "GOOBERMANT" or not but apparently there is a price to pay, in some cases, that may or may not bring a Heavenly Judgement just as it may or may not bring a "GOOBERMANT" judgement.  Good sir, I truly hope what I've written makes sense.  Our Heavenly Father has extended His Blessing to each and everyone of us through His Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and it is my hope and prayer that He does not stop until the return of His Son.  Happy Easter and please, please be safe!!   

Offline Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2020, 06:31:40 PM »
Good sir, you are absolutely correct, I mean right on the button ... "We are granted our rights by God not by man." And HIS instructions to us, Believers, (we can't control the behaviors of non-believers other than to be the light ... the example as set by Christ) in Mark 12:17 King James Version (KJV) 17 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at Him.  Caesar is equivalent to our present day "NANNY state" won't you agree?

As for how we the Believers are to react to stuff going on in this world, what I understand can be found in the instructions of Jesus himself in Matthew 5:14-16 King James Version (KJV)
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Those two passages tie in with the teachings of the Apostle Paul who further explains in Romans 13:1-7 King James Version (KJV)
13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

As to your example of someone with a large family (say a farm family where all the children and grandchildren gathered, to me it's simple, the head of the house, whomever that may be father, mother or grandparents sets the standards and the rules.  Obedience or disobedience to the "GOOBERMANT" rests on that family head and the outcome will be determined by God, the Father just as it is stated in Proverbs 16-33 KJV  The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the Lord.  What no Believer or unbeliever should do is be intentionally disobedient and then be caught in HIS judgement for that act, be it this virus, drunk i.e. driving, etcetera.  1 John 5-17 points out that there are acts, behaviors, disobedience, aka sins that may or may not lead to death.

Again, it is each individuals choice to comply with, as you call it, the "GOOBERMANT" or not but apparently there is a price to pay, in some cases, that may or may not bring a Heavenly Judgement just as it may or may not bring a "GOOBERMANT" judgement.  Good sir, I truly hope what I've written makes sense.  Our Heavenly Father has extended His Blessing to each and everyone of us through His Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and it is my hope and prayer that He does not stop until the return of His Son.  Happy Easter and please, please be safe!!
So in your opinion when the government circumvents the Constitution and begins to rule by fiat in ways that infringe upon the civil rights guaranteed by that very same document, you should obey the higher authority be cause God ordained them to violate our laws?

Sorry, that's a bridge too far for me.
Or are you assuming that the Government of which you speak is obeying the Constitution, not violating it as ours currently are?

Offline Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2020, 06:34:47 PM »
Heads up veterans the time to muster is close. Your oath never expires. https://twitter.com/i/status/1249019585887698945

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2020, 06:56:18 PM »

Our Government, Bill Clinton administration, burned the David Koresh Christian commune to the ground.

By design.

The attack was planned for months.

No. The members did not set fire to the place, that story is propaganda. It was the Government.

Our Government murdered 75 people including 25 children.

All that's left to read about this crime is propaganda.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2020, 08:03:27 PM »
Quote from: Arlan McKee
So in your opinion when the government circumvents the Constitution and begins to rule by fiat in ways that infringe upon the civil rights guaranteed by that very same document, you should obey the higher authority be cause God ordained them to violate our laws?

Sorry, that's a bridge too far for me.
Or are you assuming that the Government of which you speak is obeying the Constitution, not violating it as ours currently are?
Mr McKee, I’m not trying to defend or attack the government or any of its laws.  I’m simply stating what is written in the scriptures.  As I have been taught, read and come to accept is that those statements are written in our instruction book for life.  You should realize that when the Constitution was written, even back then it was a flawed document.  There have been libraries written to add, change, modify and improve that document, its amendments and the subsequent myriad laws of the states.  The one book that has not changed other than translations into other tongues is the scripture ... the Bible (of course there will always be those who will interpret it to their own devices, as it is written).  To make this short, we as Believers, must comply with the various laws of the land but not when they conflict with scripture.  The only way to deal with those conflicts is through prayer, study and more prayer and allow God Himself to deal with the issue in His time.  To unbelievers, that statement is considered foolishness and that’s okay, unfortunately there’s nothing I can do to change that.  Back to my original point, when dealing with a government law/edict that may or may not be appropriate we, should, repeat should, comply but not if those laws/edicts conflict with scripture and the only way to know is through prayer and study followed by more prayer then backing off and letting God Himself handle it!!  Truly I hope this makes sense.

Jim

Offline Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2020, 08:32:39 PM »
Mr McKee, I’m not trying to defend or attack the government or any of its laws.  I’m simply stating what is written in the scriptures.  As I have been taught, read and come to accept is that those statements are written in our instruction book for life.  You should realize that when the Constitution was written, even back then it was a flawed document.  There have been libraries written to add, change, modify and improve that document, its amendments and the subsequent myriad laws of the states.  The one book that has not changed other than translations into other tongues is the scripture ... the Bible (of course there will always be those who will interpret it to their own devices, as it is written).  To make this short, we as Believers, must comply with the various laws of the land but not when they conflict with scripture.  The only way to deal with those conflicts is through prayer, study and more prayer and allow God Himself to deal with the issue in His time.  To unbelievers, that statement is considered foolishness and that’s okay, unfortunately there’s nothing I can do to change that.  Back to my original point, when dealing with a government law/edict that may or may not be appropriate we, should, repeat should, comply but not if those laws/edicts conflict with scripture and the only way to know is through prayer and study followed by more prayer then backing off and letting God Himself handle it!!  Truly I hope this makes sense.

Jim
I understand the Apostle Paul.
It seems to me that you believe these orders from Governors and Mayors to be lawful. They are not.
Governments cannot make a law forbidding assembly on private property. Nowhere in this country does one exist.  Governors and Mayors cannot make an Executive order that would do the same thing. It would be a violation of people's Constitutional rights under the 1st Ammendment.
I think you probably believe that the men who faught in the American Revolution were sinning in the eyes of God for not submitting to English rule. Taken to its final conclusion your position would be that no people could throw off the chains of the oppressor unless the higher power relinquished his desire to unjustly rule over you.

Edit: I want to thank you for the calm, intelligent, and resonable debate.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 09:03:18 PM by Arlan McKee »

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2020, 01:24:18 AM »
  As far as I have heard, the "M" word, (Marshal Law) has not been invoked anywhere. I have been waiting for that since this all began.That is different than just calling out the National Guard for a natural disaster or something similar. The contradictions continue. The "experts keep making predictions about things that they can't know and when asked specific questions about something they tell us they don't know. Just because some of these people hold the positions that they do, doesn't mean that they really know what is going on!
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2020, 03:58:58 AM »
Just in: Even the court knows the government is wrong.
AMA 12366

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2020, 04:08:32 AM »
To all those who will just submit to unjust laws, there will be at least 3% of us who will come to rescue you. No worries

AMA 12366

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2020, 08:21:33 AM »
Just in: Even the court knows the government is wrong.

Just read this.  FINALLY someone with some sense.  Also, William Barr and the Justice Dept are going to be getting involved due to these local tyrants violating the Constitution. 

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2020, 08:56:34 AM »
Quote from: Arlan McKee
I understand the Apostle Paul.
It seems to me that you believe these orders from Governors and Mayors to be lawful. They are not.
Governments cannot make a law forbidding assembly on private property. Nowhere in this country does one exist.  Governors and Mayors cannot make an Executive order that would do the same thing. It would be a violation of people's Constitutional rights under the 1st Ammendment.
I think you probably believe that the men who faught in the American Revolution were sinning in the eyes of God for not submitting to English rule. Taken to its final conclusion your position would be that no people could throw off the chains of the oppressor unless the higher power relinquished his desire to unjustly rule over you.

Edit: I want to thank you for the calm, intelligent, and resonable debate.
Sir, I too thank you for your thoughtful discourse.  It is through the patient, rational, discussion that we all learn and begin to acknowledge the thoughts, opinions and expressions (all of which are rooted in our unique, individual life experiences) of each of us regardless of our several differences.  Please forgive the lengthy responses but I feel it was necessary to express my understandings as clearly as possible yet embrace your beliefs as well.

Now to your very valid position, the history of mankind, worldwide, has been built upon civil uprisings against governmental abuses. Volumes from every nation and tribe record this to include the American Revolution, Civil War, Indian Wars, right up to the current conflicts in Afghanistan,Yemen, the Uyghurs of China, the Rohingya of Myanmar.  The difference, I believe is found in the Bible, in our faith in Jesus The Christ.  Don't get me wrong, I am not, repeat NOT a pacifist by any means and there are numerous accounts in the scripture pointing to the fact that there has been, and will be a time for the followers of Jesus to rise up in a big way and it is my hope that I am worthy to be one of His soldiers.  Getting back to the root of this thread, our attitudes and behaviors during this Covid-19 period versus the decrees put in place by a struggling government, manned by flawed human who probably are just as confused and frightened for themselves and their loved ones  as everyone else in this society/world.

The key I believe, again, I believe is to ask the question "What Would Jesus Do In This Situation/Time Frame?"  I must be honest, based upon what was written about Him, I think He would have hunkered down and restricted His movements in accordance with the mandates.  Remember, although He was God, He chose to put on human flesh and to experience exactly what we experience.  Yet, being God, He has the power of creation ... He can immediately eliminate the disease, the conflicts, the wars, and easiest of all the evil and malicious leaders and their cohort.  However, for some reason, yet to be fully grasped, He chose and still chooses not to make that happen.  God expects His Believers to follow His plan for us through our individual actions and behaviors and He allows us to "choose" to obey or not.  Remember, during the Roman occupation of Jerusalem it is thought that Judas believed and wanted Jesus to raise up the ultimate insurrection/war but over the course of time Jesus Himself told Pilate that His Kingdom was not of this world.

John 18:35-37 King James Version (KJV)
35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

I guess to conclude my answer, if we as Believers, understand that this world and system are not out "home", we can yield to some of its flaws without suffering harm nor disruption to the Kingdom Peace that we receive in our minds, hearts and loving interactions with others.  Believe me, at times it is very hard, a struggle to be exact to comply with the system that has been corrupted by the prince of this world ... but this is not our home.  In a sense, just as when I joined the military, I was recognized as a citizen of the United States and subject to its laws and the UCMJ, right?  When I was posted TDY, overseas in other countries, I was also subject to the laws and customs of those countries, but at the same time, my allegiance and citizenship to the United States was never lost and I was in a sense an ambassador.    After a period of time, I received orders to return home.

Just as it was with Jesus, it is the same with us as Believers, our "home" is not of this world and at some point we will all receive irrevocable orders to return home where we will all stand accountable for the way we lived our lives and behaved while "TDY" to this world.   Our compliance with the dictates, laws and decrees of this land is required and thankfully it incorporates a system where we do have a voice and myriad methods, to address those mandates we believe are overreaches of power. 

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2020, 11:42:18 AM »
Just read this.  FINALLY someone with some sense.  Also, William Barr and the Justice Dept are going to be getting involved due to these local tyrants violating the Constitution.

I am in no way opting to go lick a toilet seat in NY or go touch everything in the store. But for these tyrants to rope off certain things they deem nonessential in the store is a step too far. Or arresting preachers for holding a parking lot sermon, those Mayors and governors need a little jail time themselves.
AMA 12366

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2020, 01:08:10 PM »
Well,

Not all.

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2020, 01:24:36 PM »
I see three possible outcomes:

1. A cure & vaccine are discovered.

2. Like all past plagues, it will kill some people and then pass away with anybody knowing exactly why.

3. This is The Big One, everybody dies.

In any case, we can't do anything about it, so keeping building models and clean up your shop.
Paul Smith

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2020, 01:33:20 PM »
If you do not trust governments, why do you vote for them?  Hope
If you do not trust governments, why do you vote for Trump? Better than  Clinton
“Why would Trump lie?”, I do not know, but he does it all the time.  Does he really or do you just think so
Why is there no general medicare system in the most powerfull state in the world? Why should we pay for Illegals
Why are 30.000.000 americans under or not insured? They need a job that offers it not a minimum wage job
Why do you need guns to trust your neighbours? An armed society is a polite society
When the second civil war wil begin?     Soon at this rate
Why do you not listen to the experts on pandemies?
Why do listen to people with an agenda? I don't watch CNN MSNBC OR ABC
Why do you think you a virus is an political thing? The Dems are making it that way

Conclusion; your are f*****EDIT: for foul langauge idiots. So this diatribe makes you a Genius?

like the Roman empire in decline. I think not

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 11:05:41 PM by RC Storick »
AMA 12366

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here