News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:22:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mayatech engine test stand  (Read 1505 times)

Online George Grossardt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Mayatech engine test stand
« on: March 17, 2021, 11:40:16 AM »
I am looking for an engine test stand.  Anyone have any experience with the Mayatech engine test stands that are listed on eBay? 

Looked at the Mecoa stand and the one listed on the Brodak site (yikes, it’s expensive).  I am open to other suggestions as well.

George

Offline Al Williams

• New Pilot
Re: Mayatech engine test stand
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 12:24:15 PM »
I bought one.  pretty good.  I mounted a k and b 28 on it and it was more than adequate.  I mounted it with larger screws than were supplied with it.  On Amazon for $26.99 with free shipping.

I would buy another one if  I needed it. 

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 07:17:46 AM »
The biggest thing I see is the clamps are in front of the engine and could give a clearance problem on some engines. Getting the engine as far forward of the mounting surface helps big time. If using a chicken stick on a small engine it may be less user friendly.

The tatone has low profile clamps held by 1/4" through bolts and each has one roll pin for the rear mount holes. It has only one clamp that slides for width...no dicking around with two loose pads. For the same money I'd buy the tatone on ebay.
Bill P.

Online George S

• 24 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 02:39:38 PM »
I bought one that is all but identical to this one a couple of years ago from a guy in England (this one looks to be a copy of it). It works well for larger engines (.35 and bigger) but does pose a clearance on some engines... both prop and NV clearance. It does not have a pin but those are easy to add yourself. A few personal mods will make this mount good for 90%+ of the engines you use.
George S 

AMA 9385

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here