News:

• April 23, 2024, 03:15:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VideoF2B  (Read 12954 times)

Offline TDM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Re: VideoF2B
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2021, 05:37:37 PM »
Andrey thanks a lot for the information.
I have my eyes on this one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3TF8RX/ref=crt_ewc_title_huc_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3M22U79HXGU3X
Richard said that it is a good idea to have a remote too. I don't know if the lens are good for the job. I would appreciate if maybe you have the chance to look at the specs of the lens and see if this will work. Thanks in advance.
Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Online AMV

• Commander
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2021, 07:50:35 AM »
Hi Traian,

I looked at the specs but they don't show the physical size of the sensor.  "13MP CMOS" is not much of a clue.  Hence I can't tell what the 35mm equivalent of its 7.36mm lens is.  Since it's a "vlogger" cam, the lens is probably some fairly wide angle.  Is it wide enough for VideoF2B?  No clue... It's your gamble... I wouldn't trust a no-name electronics brand that doesn't provide thorough documentation.

Cheers H^^
-Andrey
Spice is the variety of life.

Offline Fred Pach

• New Pilot
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2021, 08:10:48 PM »
I was thinking about how to improve judge work with a tracer image. The judge can watch a screen where shows a live traced flight. It helps them to make a better work when judging a flight. The trace thickness can be changed depend of judges skills.
The score is given by a application via smartphone or tablet, linked to a tracer program. It could generate a document at the end, where we could see the pilot name, manouver (just the trace) and score, as a relatory.

Offline Fred Pach

• New Pilot
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2021, 08:13:47 PM »
by the way,

where can I download the 0.6 version?

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2021, 08:35:52 PM »

This work of the “gear heads “ is making all pilots equal before the rules. Of course, we are humans and should be judged by humans, not machines. This project, in the case of its success, will be a great tool for practice and, most importantly, the ultimate tool to settle disputes.\

It is very unlikely to settle disputes, because there has to be some program that evaluates the number, degree, and type of errors and assigns a score to it. That will still be subjective, and someone will still be able to argue that the program was incorrectly weighting the errors (and, given past experience that the people coming up with the weighting factors have rigged it to favor a certain flying style or individual).

As an example, we have a perfectly objective way of seeding people into circles at the NATs, complete with fully-documented algorithm for it, and people still complain it is rigged or unfair - and that is something that doesn't  matter *one whit* to someone who is otherwise competitive.

Stunt is a *subjective* event by its very nature, you have to accept that going in, or you will get very, very frustrated with it.

Brett

Online AMV

• Commander
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2021, 09:04:17 AM »
by the way,

Work in progress.

Cheers  H^^
-Andrey

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2021, 11:35:58 AM »
by the way,

Or any version.  My copy of Keith's got roasted and I can't find a working link in the Archives.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online AMV

• Commander
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2021, 08:50:18 PM »
Or any version.  My copy of Keith's got roasted and I can't find a working link in the Archives.

Ken

Ken,

The link at the very top of this thread has been fully working since the beginning.
You will find v0.4 and earlier there.

Cheers H^^
-Andrey

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2021, 11:50:05 PM »
Ken,

The link at the very top of this thread has been fully working since the beginning.
You will find v0.4 and earlier there.

Cheers H^^
-Andrey
Got it - Thanks.  Now all I have to find is Keith's latest simulator and my toy box is full.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Advertise Here
Tags: camera video 

Advertise Here